Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I have a Sprint Treo 700p that is rock solid - resets are exceedingly rare. Lags are rare, occurring when exiting Blazer, when in a low signal area, when ChatterEmail logs in to a mail site after recovering from a low signal situation.

I was satisfied with the Kyocera 6035, wanted something with more to it - went with the 300. From the 300 to the 600 (total of 3) then to the 650 (the most problems), then the 700p and the 700w (did not keep the 700w for long). After my initial problems were worked out (installed it initially via a backup from the 650), my problems with the device have not been serious - my problems have all been software related and time was taken to work those problems out.

I guess I am what one might consider a satisfied user. My device works and does much more than those used by a couple of co-workers.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I have a Sprint Treo 700p that is rock solid - resets are exceedingly rare. Lags are rare, occurring when exiting Blazer, when in a low signal area, when ChatterEmail logs in to a mail site after recovering from a low signal situation.

I was satisfied with the Kyocera 6035, wanted something with more to it - went with the 300. From the 300 to the 600 (total of 3) then to the 650 (the most problems), then the 700p and the 700w (did not keep the 700w for long). After my initial problems were worked out (installed it initially via a backup from the 650), my problems with the device have not been serious - my problems have all been software related and time was taken to work those problems out.

I guess I am what one might consider a satisfied user. My device works and does much more than those used by a couple of co-workers.

Ben
    Is your Treo loaded?

My programs are:

Audio Gateway
    Daily Reader
    Dir Assist
    Documents
    Dr. Drugs
    eWallet
    Explorer
    Files
    FileZ
    Invisible
    Key Caps
    Kinoma Player
    Memorize
    Merck Manual
    Mobi TV
    My Bible
    Palm Backup
    Rollover
    RscBackup
    Splash Shopper
    Treo Alarms
    Treo Memo
    Weather
    Worldmate Pro

I guess I am fully loaded. Also the BT is not fixed on the 755p. My Treo 700p connects perfectly with my Camry 2007 but not with the 755 that was supposed to have the BT fixed. The above programs are on my 700p pre MR and the same programs were installed on the 755p which I returned. I haven't tried the same programs on my wife's 650p but I do not think that there would be lag. The 755 still has some lag.
    It is "loaded," even has Java. I do not have Audio Gateway, Daily Reader, Dr. Drugs, eWallet, Key Caps, Memorize, Merck Manual, My Bible (another similar to it), Rollover, Splash Shopper, Treo Alarms (this really affects stability), Weather and Worldmate Pro.

I do have 2Day, 4Cast, 4Stocks, AIM, Blue Diamond, BDictionary, Bejeweled 2, BluePill, Boopsie, BTOFF, Butler, Bzzz, Call Bloc, Call Filter, CallRec 4, ChatterEmail, Cleanup, Comet, Converter, Cradle Robber, CradleCare, Cubis, Currency, Datebook 6, DateUtil, DateWheel, Dir Assistant, Distance, DTG V9, DuckHunter, eReader, FileList, FileZ, Flight Status, Fonts4OS5, Fontsmoother, Finger Painter, Fractions, Genius, GMaps, Group Text Messaging, HanDBase Forms, HanDBase, jaPalmMade, Kinoma 4, Launch-Anywhere, LightNzip, LookAtMe, mClock, MemInfo, MniTunes, Mobipocket, Mundu Radio, mReset, Mundu IM 3, Nexus, North Guard Undo, Office Suite, On Guard Backup/Restore, Palm Biorhythms, PalmInternals, Palm PDF, PAR-Pro, PayOff Plus, PDANet, PocketLingo, pTunes Deluxe, Quick News, Resco View, Reset Doctor, RLock, Resco Backup, RsrcEdit, Snap, SnapCalc5, Space Dock, Speedy, Sun Compass, Sun Angle, TakePhone, TealLock 6, Tide Tool, Tracker Dog, TreoMemo, TxtMemo, U2U, Uninstall Manager, Vexed, Video Jigsaw, VolumeCare, YAHM, ZLauncher.

No problems.

Ben
    The MR thing is getting a bit old now really. I have had my share of issues with the 700p. I've entirely stopped using bluetooth headsets with my 700p because of it's issue with bluetooth, but aside from that it has (in all fairness) been ok. If anyone has had more extreme issues I'm sorry to hear it, but in the end it is your choice to stick with the phone. If it's mission critical to your business/work then you probably should have already switched to something that works better for you, if not then counting down days won't solve your problems with the phone. Honestly the time and energy that some people have spent on these boards going on about the issues with the 700p must have been worth however much they'd have to spend to simply rid themselves of the phone they apparently hate so much.

Palm is going to release this thing in the next few days, doing a countdown and threatening lawsuits over a phone which probably cost most of you $300 (even if the MSRP was $600) is pretty infantile. Frankly I think most of these threats are just coming from people looking for an excuse to upgrade their phones anyway (I think my point here is proven by all of the BB 8830 comments).

Also it should be noted that the MR has only been delayed for Verizon users, and so it obviously has not been delayed by Palm. If anyone is looking for a place to take their frustration out maybe you should be directing it more towards your carrier at this point (and in the case of Verizon, for ripping you off too, but that's another issue).

We've waited this long and all indications are that Palm has done their part to make good on their original promise regarding the MR. I'm content to wait a little more and see what comes of this.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    So are we to stay mum as customers, when a device does not work properly? Are we to say "OK, it is my fault for hoping the device did what was written in the label"

The reasons for these forums are many: it is a place for user to help users, a public place to voice concerns, raise opinions, discuss topics related to but not limited to Palm and the Treo. It is also a tool we have to indirectly contact Palm. Used as such the forums have proved succesful, that's how Bob-C's letter was able to get to the upper echelons of Palm and even got responded, shedding light to the problems we all know now.

The MR has been delayed first by Palm and then by the carriers. There is no way a certification process takes a year. All carriers certify in a very similar way, and a year is too long for anything to be certified. It is Palm that has delivered the MR too late and of course we can all add the time the carriers themselves will add. But that is no excuse for Palm to get away with what they have done so far.

More delays will happen. But I won't fall for them anymore. They have lost my confidence, my will in investing in their company and as a paying customer, now I demand my device to operate as it has been advertised all along. It is a simple consumer support issue now and as such, Palm should better do something about this to keep customers happy.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    So are we to stay mum as customers, when a device does not work properly? Are we to say "OK, it is my fault for hoping the device did what was written in the label"

The reasons for these forums are many: it is a place for user to help users, a public place to voice concerns, raise opinions, discuss topics related to but not limited to Palm and the Treo. It is also a tool we have to indirectly contact Palm. Used as such the forums have proved succesful, that's how Bob-C's letter was able to get to the upper echelons of Palm and even got responded, shedding light to the problems we all know now.

The MR has been delayed first by Palm and then by the carriers. There is no way a certification process takes a year. All carriers certify in a very similar way, and a year is too long for anything to be certified. It is Palm that has delivered the MR too late and of course we can all add the time the carriers themselves will add. But that is no excuse for Palm to get away with what they have done so far.

More delays will happen. But I won't fall for them anymore. They have lost my confidence, my will in investing in their company and as a paying customer, now I demand my device to operate as it has been advertised all along. It is a simple consumer support issue now and as such, Palm should better do something about this to keep customers happy.

No, but I think that at this point no one here could be accused of "staying mum." The problems have been made clear.

Yes, the certification should not have taken a "year" (although in reality we're probably talking 6 - 9 months giving them the benefit of the doubt that they really may not have known the extent of the issues) so there was a lot of time wasted in this process. However, what I'm saying is that they said week of the 28th (barring unforseen delays) and so far the indication is that they will get it in for Sprint before then. In this case if Verizon is throwing a last minute wrench in this process should Palm take the blame for it (and does a 1 or 2 day delay really make that much of a difference if you know you WILL be getting the patch)?
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post

Ben
    Odd that someone coming from a 650 says the 700p has "rare" lag. I have yet to see another 700p users in person that has a faster 700p than me and even then I still get white screen when changing between stock applications, how did I do this? I followed the instructions someone posted on how to not start versamail and hide it along with hiding half of the crap that came on the phone since opening it causes even more lag.

My BT cant keep anything paired for more than a day, I like a few others have given up an BT headsets. But I am forced to use my BT GPS receiver which about 80% of the time I want to use it I have to repair it with the treo. I found a fix to this from Palm's level 3 tech support, if you turn the power to the BT off before you charge the phone and turn it back on after you unplug it then it wont lose the connection as often.

Text lag, in the past 10 days I have sent 1,2xx texts my phone freezes about 2-3 times a day requiring a soft reset, and about 5-10 times a day it will suffer from the dreaded text message lag delay with the screen frozen on the word "sending"

If I am on the phone talking with someone and I get another call coming in about half the time my phone will reset. This happened when I was on the phone with someone at Palm... Again nothing can be done with this issue like the texts.

I have listed the 2 major issues and a sort of unacceptable work around, along with 2 major issues that can not be fixed without a MR.

ajabbari

I was going to file a small claims suit since 1. Its easy to do 2. doesnt require a lawyer.

Thankfully someone higher up at sprint reviewed the letter I sent them from our buddy Steve and is replacing my phone with a 755p with the option of trading it in for the new BB8830 (of course I have to pay the difference). Most likely I will stick with the 755p since I have so much invested in the Palm lineup from chargers, BT GPS units, GPS software(TomTom), syncing software (palm desktop for OS X is older than the Apple IIC), 3rd party applications(snapper, volume care, kinoma ect.. So no its not just a $300 phone after rebates I spent easily $400 on accessories for it.
    Man....I've spent 3 weeks with the Treo 750 in AT&T (which I got 2 of for free after rebate for signing up on a Premiere account), and I cannot believe how GOOD the bluetooth is. I literally get the advertised range of 10m with my JX-10, through walls and everything. I have no more static, no more disconnects, it's just amazing to me. There are a few bugs in the 750 (minor compared to the 700p's bugs), but the phone is also much more stable.

I'm glad I didn't wait for the MR for the 700p, at this rate I'd question whether it's even gonna come out.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    It better come out today.
    tick tock, i'll jump ship as soon as something better comes out MR or no MR.
    palm lost my money a year ago.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    its not the carrier's fault that the phone lags,has horrible bluetooth,skipping mp3player,and a host of other 'great features', let alone been ignored for a year...palm has really fallen low, and some of you are right, it was the best choice out when bought, but that was only on paper. If I new there would be all these bugs, and lying support from palm, with a foleo as an upgrade path, I would have found a better choice...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Are you talking about the entry that says?:

"Update:

We appreciate the frustration that has been shared and everyone's patience. I know we said we are working to deliver the 700p maintenance release (MR) the week of May 28th. We are still hoping to make the MR available for Sprint Treo 700p users tomorrow or early next week.

Unfortunately, the MR will not be available this week for Treo 700p Verizon Wireless users, but we expect it will be available soon.

Will post again tomorrow."

It''s posted under MAy 18th but doesn't say the "update" date.
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    As a Vzw user I'll gladly wait a week while the Sprint users beta test this release for us! Of course if it has problems it won't stop Vzw from releasing it.

I would like to second what someone said earlier - any time you go to the web and find hundreds of posts about problems with anything, you have to remember that those that are happily using it are generally the vast majority that have no reason to seek out the forums to join the complaining. The forums make things look like a majority have problems, when the opposite is generally true; the silent majority. If I go to Newegg and find the reviews on a product are 95% positive, I can presume that 99% of the users are satisfied.

To those that are going to switch, just do it and don't bother constantly telling the rest of us about it.
    Had the 600,650 and 700p over the course of 2 years. Just switched to a blackberry and have never looked back. You realize how "beta" the treo really is when you switch to something that works.

My verizon 700p is a paperweight now. anyone want it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinTek View Post
    I've expressed this point in another thread. The culprit here is the carriers, not the manufacturer. We will not see decent phones, with the features we want, until the Feds (I hate saying this) step in and force all carriers to open up to all compatible devices bought through other sources.

The arguments the wireless carriers use today against this are similar to the ones Ma Bell used way back when. And yeah, I remember when this happened because I am THAT OLD.
    While the carriers ARE the culprits in this case we have to remember that by purchasing their products and utilizing the carrier's subsidy rather than simply buying the BEST product on the market we GAVE them that power. Our Wal-Mart mentality, i.e. buy things at the lowest price and damn the consequences, is also to blame. If we weren't so anxious to get our $500 phone for "$200 with a two year commitment" then the carriers wouldn't be able to exert so much control. If they subsidize the purchase of your phone then they do have the right to expect a return on their investment. Unfortunately, we as consumers have made the phone subsidy business model so successful that it is impossible to buy an unlocked phone in a retail outlet in this country.

We behave like sheep and then we complain when we get herded into the pen.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    People, end the torture. Get a Blackberry 8703 or 8830 (or Pearl for that matter). Life will be peaceful again! :-)
    Originally Posted by GalenMD
    More than likely, this will be the true death of Palm.

how comical. there are tons of 700p users in this country...and very few of them are on here. the majority of 700p users love their 700p...i'd even say a lot of people on this forum love the 700p.
    This is a hugely important point - if you simply do the math, you have to realize that the number of people who are unhappy with their Treos are very small. Surveys on this very forum indicate that folks are generally happy with their 700p. This forum is a small minority of the general user population.

Don't folks remember when this same thing happened with the 650 memory issues? Everyone freaked out and declared the absolute death of Palm.

I'm not advocating that folks don't express their views, but does it have to be this CONTINUAL diatribe of silliness?
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Man....I've spent 3 weeks with the Treo 750 in AT&T (which I got 2 of for free after rebate for signing up on a Premiere account), and I cannot believe how GOOD the bluetooth is. I literally get the advertised range of 10m with my JX-10, through walls and everything. I have no more static, no more disconnects, it's just amazing to me. There are a few bugs in the 750 (minor compared to the 700p's bugs), but the phone is also much more stable.

I'm glad I didn't wait for the MR for the 700p, at this rate I'd question whether it's even gonna come out.
    You know what...I am with you. I am going to Sprint today and swapping out this phone once and for all. My 600 I could not hear, My 650 crashed all the time. the 700 P has lots of issues but I really want to use my Bluetooth. I have so many headsets now from trying thats the sick part!

I wish i could leave Palm, I like them for the most part. This is a major chink in their armor however. Thier corprorate behavior - It's a pitty for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    This is a hugely important point - if you simply do the math, you have to realize that the number of people who are unhappy with their Treos are very small. Surveys on this very forum indicate that folks are generally happy with their 700p. This forum is a small minority of the general user population.

Don't folks remember when this same thing happened with the 650 memory issues? Everyone freaked out and declared the absolute death of Palm.

I'm not advocating that folks don't express their views, but does it have to be this CONTINUAL diatribe of silliness?
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Right on!
    i wish someone would start a new poll to find out:

a) how many people are actually mad because they didn't return the 700p before the 30 day return period expired.

b) how many people only became unhappy with the 700p after the 30 return period expired because they loaded 3rd party software on it later and then they didn't like it.

c) how many people didn't like the 700p to begin with and didn't return it, because they thought it would eventually get fixed.

my guess is the majority of people here would say c...which begs the question...how many of those people still blame palm instead of wanting to kick themselves in the rear end?
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    I hate to say it but I'm not surprised on the push back of this again! This is getting to be a bit crazy and disappointing.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast