1.    #1  
    I cant turn my screen off while Ptunes is playing. I have tried a soft reset.

This is a real drain on the battery.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    I read the same thing with someone else in another thread. I don't have the problem on my 755. It turns the screen off after 15 seconds just like I have it set.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    In PT, there's a setting to "Turn off screen while playing".
    Menu, General Preferences.
  4.    #4  
    Well it sounds like I don't have an isolated prob. I tried to do a search before I posted this.

Is there anyone who has fixed this w/out getting a new phone or could point me to the other thread?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFive View Post
    In PT, there's a setting to "Turn off screen while playing".
    Menu, General Preferences.
    I have this set correctly and set ot 10 sec
    Quote Originally Posted by ucntcme View Post
    I have this set correctly and set ot 10 sec
    Just for grins, try changing the setting to 30 seconds.
    I believe you need the latest version to have the screen turn off. I have PTunes Deluxe 4.02. Until I upgraded I had the same problem. I had been using PT Deluxe 4.01. I believe this is a bug in PT. Their tech support is very good. They may have a solution if you don't want to upgrade. Because it comes on the phone you can get the Deluxe version as an upgrade rather than full price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    I believe you need the latest version to have the screen turn off. I have PTunes Deluxe 4.02. Until I upgraded I had the same problem. I had been using PT Deluxe 4.01. I believe this is a bug in PT. Their tech support is very good. They may have a solution if you don't want to upgrade. Because it comes on the phone you can get the Deluxe version as an upgrade rather than full price.
    I have the ROM version and it works just fine. I have not installed the deluxe yet.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Just for grins, try changing the setting to 30 seconds.
    LOL, I feel ya on this. Did and it didnt help. However I took your thought process and unchecked the "power button turns off screen" button, and now when i hit the power button it pauses the music and turns the screen off.

And now I just tried checking and unchecking the "turn off screen while playing button" and an error comes up saying " Ptunes cannot turn off the screen on this device"
    Just checked mine. Set for 30sec then off and working fine. I have the latest version of Ptunes Delux
    Quote Originally Posted by ucntcme View Post
    LOL, I feel ya on this. Did and it didnt help. However I took your thought process and unchecked the "power button turns off screen" button, and now when i hit the power button it pauses the music and turns the screen off.

And now I just tried checking and unchecking the "turn off screen while playing button" and an error comes up saying " Ptunes cannot turn off the screen on this device"
    I really didn't think it would work. I just checked it again it is working just fine on mine. I have the original pTunes that came in ROM. I haven't installed my deluxe version since I don't stream. Seems like there has to be something else conflicting with this.
    ucntcme are you using Zlauncher? I know I am, and the old version of PT Deluxe did not work with it so I had to upgrade to 4.2 and then it was ok.
    I don't have this problem with mine. For the record I have the latest versions of Pocket Tunes Deluxe and ZLauncher and the screen shuts off just like it should.
    The latest version of PT Deluxe is fine with Zlauncher for me too. I wonder though about the OP. One version down did not. If the OP has ZL that could be the problem as he is on the version that came with the phone.