1.    #1  
    The title says it all. I now have SERO so I have free text messaging for the first time. Does this mean that I can use the IM programs that came on the 755 without getting a charge? The plan has unlimited data & messaging. Thanks.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I don't know if the built in app uses data or text, but I would suspect it uses data. Regardless, you are covered either way since you have unlimited on both fronts.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #3  
    I remember reading somewhere that it used data to connect but text at 15 each. I would think like you, but it could become expensive if we're wrong.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    "The Sprint model includes a new IM application. It's actually just a shortcut icon that points you to a free, over the air download. The app supports AOL IM, MSN/Windows Live and Yahoo! Messenger. The Sprint IM app actually charges you by the message, and each message sent goes for the standard sms fee of 15 cents per. If you have an unlimited messaging plan the fee's aren't likely to be an issue, without one it can get expensive pretty quickly. Most heavy IM users would be better served with a more economical and feature-full app such as Mundu IM that has a one time upfront fee and no messaging charges."

I use Verichat because it runs smoother.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    The Sprint IM app actually charges you by the message, and each message sent goes for the standard sms fee of 15 cents per. If you have an unlimited messaging plan the fee's aren't likely to be an issue
    Well, this is my exact question? Likely to be an issue or won't be an issue? I think that they won't, but don't know for sure.
    If you have unlimited data or messaging you have nothing to worry about...
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Well, this is my exact question? Likely to be an issue or won't be an issue? I think that they won't, but don't know for sure.
    The only question about the Sprint IM app seems to be when it uses data and when it uses SMS. However if you have a plan with unlimited data and SMS, you're covered either way. There won't be any charges to use the IM app.

I tried it out and was less than impressed. I was an avid Verichat user but since they're shutting down I switched to Mundu. It's not quite as good, but better than Sprint IM.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guys. That helps.