View Poll Results: Has the ATT Update increased battery life???

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - My battery life is definitely better!

12 27.91%
  • No - It is worse since the update.

4 9.30%
  • Neither - I can't tell any differece.

27 62.79%
  1.    #1  
    That's it. Just address the battery issue.

Did it help?

Thanks!
    Mike
  2.    #2  
    bump
    Mike
    I can definitely see an improvement. I broke my wall charger this past weekend so I can't let it charge on the nightstand overnight. But it is still holding a good charge when I get up. I am even leaving BT on all the time now.
  4. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Install seemed to go ok, but I keep getting resets, especially anything data related. Battery has NEVER been this bad until the update...
    ADS
    After the update, the resets are quite a bit more frequent. Infact, doing a "#*377" Green button always shows 'Phone" as being the reason for the reset. Anyone know of a way to correct the resets caused by the <cough> built-in "Phone" app?
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Quote Originally Posted by jonecool View Post
    After the update, the resets are quite a bit more frequent. Infact, doing a "#*377" Green button always shows 'Phone" as being the reason for the reset. Anyone know of a way to correct the resets caused by the <cough> built-in "Phone" app?
    What program do you leave the Treo in all the time? I have a guess.

Hint: Palm OS reports the current program as the crash. If a background app crashes, it may or may not report the program which crashed; rather it might report the 'current' program. So you have to watch patterns to determine what's crashing. If you leave it in the Phone app all the time, try leaving it in the launcher all the time. I suspect you'll then find the "launcher has crashed".

What programs do you have installed? If you know, just list the background apps. Normally installed apps don't cause crashes unless they're being ran, unless perhaps they've corrupted something, but that's not likely.
    I would say that my battery life has increased noticably. Maybe not a drastic increase, but I definitely notice the increase.

As to the reset issue...after doing the update, I tried just doing a restore of all my data from both the Palm hotsync backup restore, and also from a "Backupman" backup. But, everytime I did, I was greeted with frequent resets. I finally gave up...did a clean reinstall of all my apps, and now I have no issues at all. I did do a restore from Backupman of my phone favorites, my sms messages, my emails, my contacts and my calendar items...so I didn't lose any of those. But for the rest of the programs...I reinstalled from scratch each and every one of them. Took me a couple of hours, stretched over evenings, but it was worth it and now it works great with only 1 reset in the past week...and that was only after I installed the new version 5 of Telenav for the 700P. It does work on my 680...with only that 1 reset in several hours of use.

So...if you are having bad reset issues after doing the rom update...try what I did...and reinstall all you apps. It was well worth it. I agree that you shouldn't have to do that...but it helped. Shoot, everytime I do a major update to Windows....I have similar issues and have to reinstall some items. So...I guess it isn't that big of a deal.