1.    #1  
    I installed minitones on my 755p and want to use an mp3 as my ringer. i downloaded the mp3 (6mb) from blazer and can play it in ptunes. When I open minitones it shows nothing. What do I need to do?

I downloaded the mp3 to the device memory since I don't have a miniSD card yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by nws0291 View Post
    I downloaded the mp3 to the device memory since I don't have a miniSD card yet.
    I think that is your problem. Minitones expects the mp3 to be in an AUDIO folder on the card.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I think that is your problem. Minitones expects the mp3 to be in an AUDIO folder on the card.
    Ok thanks. I wasn't aware of this. I guess I need to wait till it comes
    Minitones has a good concept, but crashes both my Treo 700p and 755p. I prefer MusicTones, which is freaking awesome.

Al
    The Musictones screenshots look almost identical to minitones. It is here

http://www.freewarepalm.com/music/musictones.shtml
    The file appears not to be available at this time. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The file appears not to be available at this time. Ben
    Ditto, i'm digging for other links now

EDIT:

Bing. - http://www.freeware-palm.com/get-musictones-v1-0.html
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Thank you. I see it does support more file types. Ben
    i tried minitones and music tones.. when i import a file to phone it is not playing the full file.. cutting off the end part.. and i am not cropping out anything.. the file is under 3 secs

if i go to filter/cropping screen.. i hear the whole sound ok.. but when i import the file is when i loose the end....

i hate that minitones repeats the file over and over when u listen.. with music tones it doesnt do that which is better...

if i listen to a file on file list screen by hitting play, i hear the file cut off at the end... but once again if i go to crop screen i hear the whole file....???? and when i import it cuts off the end like i hear when i hit play on the main screen in music tones... why is this happening.. happening with some sounds only
    I haven't had any problems with minitones on my 755p so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I haven't had any problems with minitones on my 755p so far.
    ditto
    I actually had that problem a while ago. it was only with a few songs though and I haven't had the problem since
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I've used both as well.
    Minitones worked better for me. Musictones for some reason crashed my 755P or didn't recognize certain mp3 files. I don't know if the mp3 file had to be encoded at a certain bitrate or not.

I also like the repeat function because when the phone rings I know that the mp3 is looped correctly.

I use mRing to handle my ringtones, but I used minitones to create default sounds on the phone in case if I forget my sd card in the computer or don't have it with me for some reason.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    When I press the Import button in Musictones, I get an error that the file is invalid or corrupted. I can play it fine in my audio apps and Musictones can play the file just fine. The MP3 file is in my Audio folder on my card. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. thorne
    I've been using Minitones along w/ ringtones on http://www.audiko.net and have never had a problem. You do need to use an SD card though. I choose short clips that fade in and out for a smooth loop.

Tim
    i used minitones and it would restart the phone anytime i would go into the text menu..? but i reloaded it and i works fine now