1.    #1  
    So just last night I clicked on the IM application for the first time. It went and downloaded the application and installed itself. I think it had to restart the phone. All fine and dandy.

So then I start the application, and it asks me to put in my AIM name and password. While I was there, I checked the checkbox to Sign On on starting the app. It's possible that I mistyped my password or that I put the wrong one in.

After that, it tried to connect to power vision, and the phone froze on that screen... So I took the battery out and put it back in. Started the IM application again. Froze in pretty much the same place...not quite connected to Power Vision.

So again, remove battery, replace... this time, I connect to Power Vision first via starting the web browser. Then I go to the Home screen and then start the IM application. It shows me the "Signing on..." screen about signing onto AIM. And I think, maybe it just takes a long time the first time it actually connects. So I plug it in and leave it alone all night.

When I get up in the morning, the screen is on that same screen. The phone hasn't even turned off the screen.

So out comes the battery and back in.

I've tried it a few more times today, and it's the same. It gets the the signing on screen, and the phone becomes completely non-responsive.

I've only installed PDANet to the phone. I wasn't even able to successfully sync it with Outlook, and have been working with Contacts, Memos/Tasks, Calendar, and Text Message databases sent via bluetooth from my 650.

Anyone else run into or heard of this? Has anyone got a fix?

Thanks!
    I have the same problem. Phone freezes up when signing on. I have never been able to sign on.
    here is a simple fix. throw $600 ar palm for the foleo
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1172445

Same issue here with logging on and these guys work for a sprint store all there employees are having the same issue.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    here is a simple fix. throw $600 ar palm for the foleo
    Hey now, let's be fair here...If I act quickly, I'll get $100 back, making a grand total (before taxes) of $499...

;-)

though, actually...I didn't see any reference to IM being available on the Foleo.
    :-p
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    According to backline PCS support at Sprint, they are well aware of the IM app gateway issue and are working on an update/patch. No ETA at this point, but I will provide an update as soon as I hear anything further.

A moot issue though, as far as I'm concerned, since I've shelled out $11 for Mundu, which works just great and renders the lame Sprint IM app (at least when it did work) completely irrelevant.

El
    what happened to verichat? I know its defunct now, but why? was it bought out and shelved?

Its amazing we have a full keyboard phone without a solid IM application.

incredible.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    what happened to verichat? I know its defunct now, but why? was it bought out and shelved?

Its amazing we have a full keyboard phone without a solid IM application.

incredible.
    Isn't it great!
    http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=133307

you guys aren't along everyone is having this issue.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!