Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a trick to get phone numbers coming in from a company number to display as the company and not the individuals?

My problem is this: I have about 12 contacts from the same company all with the same "Work" number. When anyone from this number calls the number that is displayed is the first person in the alphabetical contacts list with that number.

I was thinking of simply adding the company as a contact with a single letter "A" at the beginning. So Acme Trading Co would become an entry "a Acme Trading Co", but that lacks a certain degree of finesse. And as a 650 user I have become quiet accustomed to finesse.

Any ideas?
    What's wrong with just labelling them under a specific category (such as the default 'Business' or a custom made one)?
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    The category doesn't show up on caller ID
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Put the company name in the name field and put the names of the people in the company field. Or am I missing something? Ben
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    That would make it hard to look up a contact unless you use Takephone or something equal.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Which I do use TakePhone and 2Day - they both support multiple field lookups.

Ben
    you can always use the "find" feature on the Treo.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    you can always use the "find" feature on the Treo.
    When the phone rings?
    What I was referring to is if you have a contact in your Treo, either list the Company name or the person's name but not both in the fields provided. The other could be entered in the notes. So decide which one you want to displayed when someone calls.
    Regardless, you can locate either one using the find feature on the Treo.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Here's what I do:

Last Name: XYZ CorpSmith
    First Name: John

Last Name: XYZCorpWilliams
    First Name: Bill

So when I want to look up by business...I just type xyz...& I'm given a display of all of the xyz contants (in alpha order).

If I know the name of the person I think it pulls that up too.
    Hope it works for you & yes it shows up on caller id...but if all contacts have the same main # then it would show the first one listed. My experience is that most of the businesses I deal with have large systems with many outgoing trunk lines....so in that case a an unknown # would be shown...& as they show up I just select add to contact & before long I've got most of them in my database.