Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. jps
    CONTENT REMOVED
    Last edited by jps; 05/31/2007 at 12:07 PM.
    :: Verizon Treo 650 w/o Camera
    :: Hardware Rev B
    :: Current Update: 1.05A
    :: Custom ROM: -BigSur -BT -Camera -FATFS -Handango -Hidden -Languages -Pixer -RealPlayer -Tips -Tutorials -VideoAccess -World Clock -Welcome -WirelessSync +Datebook (700p) +FAT32 +Memo (700p) +PowerPrferences (700p) +ToDo (700p)
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    made me laugh )
    last tim I've checked in US week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday.
    Business week starts on Monday ends on Friday
    Also I beleive the update is out of the Palm's hands and it's up to Sprint/Verizon to decide when to release it - and for them treo users are not a dot on a radar screen, they don't give a **** about your pain
    Quote Originally Posted by jps View Post
    First let me apologize in advance for my tone in this transcript - I am mad and I let it show with 'Scott'. But I know we all have a level of frustration that is bordering on insanity at point. Palm's inability to reach out to us, connect with us, and try to help us is what is the root of the problem here.

Now, having said all of that, if you read between the lines, Scott makes it clear the MR is coming on Sunday, June 2nd.
    Got to love the outsourced CS... nothing but scripts...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I pity anyone who has to work in customer service. They can't possibly be paid enough to put up with calls/chats like these.
    You knew the answers to your questions before you contacted the guy, but you blasted him anyway.
    I'll bet you feel really big and proud of yourself!
    What a jerk!
    Maybe you should apologize to Scott, and be more understanding. They're waiting on approval from the carriers. How the heck is he supposed to know when the carriers are going to approve it? He works for Palm.

Start all your rants after the week is over. But, go easy on the Tech Support guys. They're not the ones making the decisions on the MR. They're just the messengers.

Being polite can go a long way.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    wow.

Even given the issues we havw all had and the ridiculous delay in a resolution, you were really a major jerk to an hourly worker just trying to help. Do you treat people this way in person or just when you chat with them over the internet?

Sorry, but that was not a vwry mature exchange.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Thanks for getting a bit more clarification on when the MR may finally come out but I agree with everyone else, you really shouldn't feel that great about the direction you took the conversation. Palm is totally aware of our dissatisfaction and I doubt there is anything more "Scott" can do to resolve that.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial View Post
    They're waiting on approval from the carriers. How the heck is he supposed to know when the carriers are going to approve it?
    Just talked to Verizon Tech Support. They have NO information on a MR release and deferred me to Palm Support (877) 426-3777...which does not even ring... just dead air
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Why waste your time asking...it will be out...when it is out.
    Just check the web site and wait.
    Wasting the tech support worker's time on NONSENSE that they have no information on only creates a longer wait for legitimate callers who need help.
    Just check the web site.
    When the update is available, it will be there.
    Until then ... stop clogging up the phone queue.
    I'm not sure that post served to demonstrate Palm's issues.
    seriously...you were a total a** to that rep. You badgered him every step of the way.

We all know by now it's going to be the last moment. And every palm rep I have talked to said it would be available to download on their site, not from Sprint or Verizon. So I can't imagine what is holding it up any more. It has to go back to Palm from the carriers or just get the ok from the carriers and then have it posted.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    way to beat up on the low-level employee just doing his job.
    Dont kill the messenger! Geesh...we all have your frustration but CS isnt the problem!

Its probably Verizon holding up the whole thing since Sprint has already approved the MR in the form of the 755p. So call the crazy "Can you here me now" guy and ask him why the MR isnt out yet!
  14. jps
    Fir enough comments from all. I typically am not this insane in conversation, in fact I am often quite reserved. Moreover, I have worked tech support, in any number of capacities, so I know what rude is. Yes, I was rough with 'Scott', but nowhere near as rough I have seen or could have been. I admitted at the head of this that my tone was rough and I apologized for it. What is triggering all of this is my sheer level of insanity over having a device not work as advertised. Moreover, the OEM (PALM) is not doing much to help as of yet, and if you go back to your carrier (I just called VZW as Frozen001 did) they point the finger back to PALM. At some point, walking along that circular line of help/reasoning gets tiring and frankly, I am exhausted.

My apologies 'Scott' if you are reading this....
    :: Verizon Treo 650 w/o Camera
    :: Hardware Rev B
    :: Current Update: 1.05A
    :: Custom ROM: -BigSur -BT -Camera -FATFS -Handango -Hidden -Languages -Pixer -RealPlayer -Tips -Tutorials -VideoAccess -World Clock -Welcome -WirelessSync +Datebook (700p) +FAT32 +Memo (700p) +PowerPrferences (700p) +ToDo (700p)
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    my sheer level of insanity
    Insanity...over an update?

Get a life...a girl friend...a dog... or a job.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jps View Post
    CONTENT REMOVED
    I applaud your decision to remove the content of the first post. There is hope, yet, for this forum.
    Last edited by haroldo; 05/31/2007 at 12:23 PM.
    Hey, don't blame jps. Blame Palm. He took out his frustrations on the sacrificial lamb that Palm put in the way. However, we all know the talking to a low level rep. is like talking to wall. Once I put Palm and Apple into the same camp. However, I have always had good experiences with Palm.
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    No one deserves to be treated with disrespect!
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    Insanity...over an update?

Get a life...a girl friend...a dog... or a job.

I absolutely agree. Support staff already have a tough enough job without dealing with this kind of abuse over what is ultimately this particular issue in your life.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    No one deserves to be treated with disrespect!
    Good point.
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast