Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I've had this cold for four days now and it just won't seem to go away. I'm hoping its gone by tomorrow though, I can finally feel it clearing up.

Honestly, if you haven't filed a lawsuit by now it's probably just time to cut your losses and get with another phone. Many of the posts on this forum are bordering on obsession. Me? I'll wait patiently because, in the end, *****ing does little more than raise your blood pressure.

YAFW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fluxrad View Post
    Me? I'll wait patiently because, in the end, *****ing does little more than raise your blood pressure.

YAFW.
    I too am waiting, but I also want to start adding Apps, and such, but do not want to incase the MR causes issues. I would rather buy them after trying them out after the ROM update, that way I know they will work, rather then buy them now, update the ROM, and go ... #$~!@ it doesn't work with the new ROM.
    [QUOTE=fluxrad;1270726
    Honestly, if you haven't filed a lawsuit by now it's probably just time to cut your losses and get with another phone. Many of the posts on this forum are bordering on obsession. Me? I'll wait patiently because, in the end, *****ing does little more than raise your blood pressure.
    YAFW.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the posts with respect to the MR are getting a bit on the obessive side.. It's just so easy to get lured into the obsession. My 700P mostly works as specified. I have only on occasion had the problems that the MR is supposed to fix, yet I seem to be as caught up in this obsession as the next guy on here.. I find myself checking the palm website off and on throughout the day, checking out the threads in here for the latest... I can't explain it, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Palm has the MR, it must have passed muster with the carriers otherwise they wouldn't have stated it would be out this week, but they are just sitting on it. I just can't imagine that the Palm devs are up burning the mid-night oil, feverishly fixing bugs and recompiling because some last minute glitch was discovered...

Palm, just throw it up there and let us all try it out. In short order, you'll be able to compile a list from us of all of the bugs that you missed. This development model worked great for you in getting things right for the 755p.

Greg
    Last edited by gzartman; 05/31/2007 at 11:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gzartman View Post
    Yes, the posts with respect to the MR are getting a bit on the obessive side.. It's just so easy to get lured into the obsession. My 700P mostly works as specified. I have only on occasion had the problems that the MR is supposed to fix, yet I seem to be as caught up in this obsession as the next guy on here.. I find myself checking the palm website off and on throughout the day, checking out the threads in here for the latest... I can't explain it, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Greg
    Ditto. I was commenting on how we needed the MR 5 days before I received my 700p two weeks ago!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Back to the issue at hand, and gently reminding that this forum is for Treo-related shenanigans, indeed the mark is on day 4. As business days go, this leaves only one day for the MR to be published. As regular week days go, there are two days left if one remembers weeks in the big US of A start in Sunday. All in all, the ball is clearly in Palm's court. Why?

I submit the example of the 680 MR update. It was published by Palm after it passed certification. Directly in Palm's website.

Palm re-assured us the MR was on track for this week. Why was that? To appease the small noisy crowd or to keep them honest, to show commitment of some sort? whatever went through their minds, if they fail to deliver as they have so far, we can all count us 700p out of the Palm equation, and with us the recommendations we used to give to others seeking for enlightment in the smartphone arena.

P.S. 4 days, but certainly not only 1 more to go. If anything the most unpredictable illness in the world is the common Cold. There are millions of documented variations of the virus and that is why you always get one, every time is a different type of virus. I am sorry to report though that the fact you feel is going away is not an indication the virus is gone. Wait a week before the last remnants of the illness clear away. A doctor I may not be, but I am married to one.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    P.S. 4 days, but certainly not only 1 more to go.
    You are most certainly right. Let us not forget that the end of the week of the 28th is actually 11:59p.m. on June 3rd, not tomorrow. Nothing says that Palm doesn't work on weekends.

Greg
    Why do we need another $#!##%^ @%#@#^% thread about the update?
    why Sunday night? Makes no sense. Granted the work week starts on a Monday, but that is for the purposes of a Monday through Friday work week, not Monday through Sunday. Never heard that one before. June 2nd at 11:59pm is what it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by gzartman View Post
    You are most certainly right. Let us not forget that the end of the week of the 28th is actually 11:59p.m. on June 3rd, not tomorrow. Nothing says that Palm doesn't work on weekends.

Greg
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    why Sunday night? Makes no sense. Granted the work week starts on a Monday, but that is for the purposes of a Monday through Friday work week, not Monday through Sunday. Never heard that one before. June 2nd at 11:59pm is what it should be.
    I am scratching off today as the blog was updated (used comments were commited to the page)...
    Like I said in another post I sent the email from Steven Sinclare to a tech support guy at Sprint who sent that on to a higher department. I called up today to get the status of this and the guy on the phone told me they are shipping me out a 755p with a return kit for my 700p, thankfully I have 30 days I asked about the new BB 8830 and the guy didnt have the release date but noted in my account to call me when it comes out but I would have to pay the difference in price from the 755p to the 8830.

I have had 755p experience from the release date, I went out to buy one to compare it to the 700p then ended up transferring it to another line on the account for another user. So far the 755p fixes the issues of the 700p but the battery life on the phone is absolute crap and I am going to suffer since I am used to the extended 3200mah battery on my 700p.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    A transcript of a chat session I had with another Palm tech rep. I highlight the key takes of what I can see now a crystal clear indication the MR is nowehere to be seen in the near future:

user Jorge_Martinez has entered room

Jorge_Martinez(Thu May 31 18:04:40 PDT 2007)>Still unable to find the 700p MR. Is it going to be available today/tomorrow?

analyst Rex has entered room

Rex(Thu May 31 18:04:49 PDT 2007)>Hello Jorge_Martinez, Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Rex. How may I help you?

Rex(Thu May 31 18:04:53 PDT 2007)>Hello!

Jorge_Martinez(Thu May 31 15:05:34 PDT 2007)>Hello Rex

Rex(Thu May 31 18:05:34 PDT 2007)>I understand that you want to know the upgrade of 700MR.

Jorge_Martinez(Thu May 31 15:06:15 PDT 2007)>yep

Rex(Thu May 31 18:06:30 PDT 2007)>I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Rex(Thu May 31 18:06:51 PDT 2007)>Our engineering team has been still working on it.

Rex(Thu May 31 18:07:01 PDT 2007)>We are yet to release.

Rex(Thu May 31 18:07:30 PDT 2007)>Any updates released we keep them posted on our web site.

Jorge_Martinez(Thu May 31 15:08:22 PDT 2007)>I know, in several webpages (including Palm's blog) mention the "release date" to be this week.

Rex(Thu May 31 18:08:04 PDT 2007)>Yes you are correct.

Rex(Thu May 31 18:08:23 PDT 2007)>It is expected to release any moment in this week.

Jorge_Martinez(Thu May 31 15:09:07 PDT 2007)>The week is almost over, and I am sorry but my patience is just running out. If you have something more solid that would help me decide wether to keep the phone or not

Rex(Thu May 31 18:09:04 PDT 2007)>I completely understand your situation.

Rex(Thu May 31 18:09:20 PDT 2007)>Please wait for 2 more days till Sunday.

Rex(Thu May 31 18:09:59 PDT 2007)>I am afraid to say that we do not have the correct time and date of update release.

Jorge_Martinez(Thu May 31 15:10:47 PDT 2007)>Wow, so they meant calendar week? My bad, I always thought the week was measured in "business time"

Rex(Thu May 31 18:10:19 PDT 2007)>We keep posting all the updated information on our Official Blog.

Rex(Thu May 31 18:10:48 PDT 2007)>Yes, this week.

Jorge_Martinez(Thu May 31 15:11:42 PDT 2007)>The thing is my local Cingular is having a special offer, new contracts give away free phones (including smartphones) and offer ends in May....

Jorge_Martinez(Thu May 31 15:11:45 PDT 2007)>meaning today

Jorge_Martinez(Thu May 31 15:12:29 PDT 2007)>I was really wishing to get the MR to make my phone usable, but couple of days more? Hard to make a decision now...

Jorge_Martinez(Thu May 31 15:13:18 PDT 2007)>So I guess even you guys have no clue if the MR is being released at all?

Rex(Thu May 31 18:13:15 PDT 2007)>Yes, and what all the information we have has been posted on our blog for your convenience.

Rex(Thu May 31 18:14:05 PDT 2007)>I appreciate your patience and understanding in this concern.

Jorge_Martinez(Thu May 31 15:15:25 PDT 2007)>Well, my patience ran out a few months ago I guess. Anyhow, is it really possible that Palm will release the MR during the weekend?

Rex(Thu May 31 18:15:46 PDT 2007)>Hope some miracle happen and it get release as you wished.

Jorge_Martinez(Thu May 31 15:17:01 PDT 2007)>Yep, unfortunately miracles don't happen as often as they did back in ancient times....

Jorge_Martinez(Thu May 31 15:17:35 PDT 2007)>Oh well, guess is time for me to switch phones/companies. Anyhow, thanks for the heads up though

Rex(Thu May 31 18:17:39 PDT 2007)>Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support.

Rex(Thu May 31 18:17:44 PDT 2007)>You’re most welcome any time. Your satisfaction is what we strive for.

Jorge_Martinez(Thu May 31 15:18:48 PDT 2007)>Irony in that last sentence. Anyway, thanks!
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...