Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if something like this would work:

http://www.diatec.co.jp/en/det.php?prod_c=460

And, where the heck do I get it? I have National Geographic Handheld Birds Interactive Field Guide, and with the insane security they use, there is no way to copy the SD card that came with it to a minisd and still be able to use it.
    if it did, would you really use it? looks kinda awkward.

since microSD seems to be evolving way faster then mini, I was thinking of getting microSD cards and just use a miniSD adapter for them.
    are you sure there is no way to copy the card? (sorry, I just finished reading your whole post)

What happens when you try? does it let you but then you get a run error?
    I don't see why it wouldn't work. There are tons of adapters for MicroSD -> MiniSD, MicroSD -> SD and MiniSD -> SD. In theory, I don't see what the problem would be with an SD -> MiniSD adapter. But it looks very impractical.

Can you provide a link to the National Geographic card you have? Perhaps some more info on it would help someone to figure out how to copy the data.
    Last edited by letsgoflyers81; 05/31/2007 at 01:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Well, I got the answer I needed directly from the people at NEOGEO Handheld Birds. They have a full installer that he sent me that includes the data from the card, it just uses your current set of keys(all of them.)

The problem with just copying the card, is that each card has an individual key on it, you can copy it, but it won't recognize the new card as having the same card key. When you go to install, it asks you for the CD key, your device key, and the card key. It then verifies your card to your device, then actually installs.

All that being said, I still would be interested to see if the 755p is minisdhc/sdhc compatible. A 32 gig SDHC card with that adapter might be nice
    Last edited by CPL Radar; 05/31/2007 at 06:54 PM.