Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I don't consider my wife as a device...she's more of a machine. Giving birth to #4 in September....that would be 4 of them in less than 5-1/2 years...well oiled machine...or should I say "well lubricated"
    That's a little bit too posisitve of a message
    Once I started leaving more than 20Mb of free memory on my 700p all the time, locked about 6 apps in cache and broke down and bought an iPOD instaed of trying to make my Treo into one the Treo got a lot more reliable. I'm down to one or two spontaneous resets/day now.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    I have never had one problem with my 700P no resets no lags and I probalbly will not install the MR because the phones works perfect.
    So yours is still in the box?
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    Be a year in August. I am not suppose to take it out of the box am I? Might get scratched.
    Had mine 2 weeks and love it.
    Although I admit those lags are a teeny bit irritating.
    My BT (Treo headset) has been OK.
    Now if Sprint's EVDO would come in better in my house, I'd really be rockin!
    The few problems I've had with mine were fixed by some very low-cost software from hobbyistsoftware. Pairs perfectly with my car every time. Love it!

Now that I've learned to keep it in a different pocket then my keys (duh) it even looks good after 8 months of heavy use (unlike my 650)
    What software from Hobbyist did you buy?
    Reset Doctor is the best $10 I ever spent, Phone Technician is nice, Butler has a few useful features, but I wouldnt buy it again (good program, just doesnt do much I use).

Yes, yes, yes, all of these do things that the Treo should do on its own. But I spent very little money on them, and I'm a happy camper.

The developer at hobbyist is exceptionally responsive, by the way.
    I have had mine for eleven months and have had very few problems, and most were easily solvable. Great device. I may not upgrade either.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I was one in the forefront defending the 700p. Too long I have been exposed to the malfunctions of the 700p that I cannot longer keep a happy face.

I have installed in my phone everything I could possibly require: a VNC terminal to acess full Windows apps remotely. Slingbox to remotely watch TV while waiting for an Airplane. Ptunes to play music. Calendar and Contacts. Access to the Internet anytime anywhere. IM client to chat with friends. Games. I have hundreds of dollars of love invested in this device. Peripherals, skin cases, batteries. The phone is more than a tool, it is a key to many interesting doors.

But I live in a state of fear. Fear that the phone will crash yet again. Fear that it will lag/freeze in a critical moment, whether during a regular phone conversation on when I need to get info from it. One of the big reasons why I got the phone was the BT functionality. I am waiting for it to this day to work as advertised.

Every day I have to deal with it. BT Headset that doesn pair. Freezes and random crashes. Terrible lag.

To the point where a regular phone conversation could go either way. In the middle of the call the phone could reset. When the phone rings I would be unable to answer due to a freeze. Many a phone call I have lost to that. So I am now extra careful of the things I do and how I do them with the phone.

I am working for the phone, but it SHOULD be the other way. That at any moment, any time, I should rely 99% on the phone being there, responsive, able to operate the mundane tasks I assign to it. Reliable Bluetooth that lets me place and answer phone calls whenever. Applications that I can have confidence I can run smoothly without compromises.

It is not a dream what I want. I had that affair with a Treo 600. But the 700p promised to be a much richer experience than my 600. To this day, I am still waiting to that full experience to come true.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
  11.    #31  
    I'm afraid you have wandered into the wrong thread - you're looking for any of the "countdown", "listen up Palm", or "I've invested all of my emotional well-being in a smartphone" threads. Folks who dare to post positive messages in those threads are invariably told that they aren't welcome, so I'd like to keep this thread on the singular subject of warm & fuzzy 700p feelings.

This is an oasis of positivity!!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I'm afraid you have wandered into the wrong thread - you're looking for any of the "countdown", "listen up Palm", or "I've invested all of my emotional well-being in a smartphone" threads. Folks who dare to post positive messages in those threads are invariably told that they aren't welcome, so I'd like to keep this thread on the singular subject of warm & fuzzy 700p feelings.

This is an oasis of positivity!!
    I totally understand that. But trust me you cant feel all warm and fuzzy when it comes to Israel and Palestine. I dont think people who are mad at Palm over MR delays would be able to resist typing another post with flames when they see this thread
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I agree I love my Treo 700p. Palm makes the best devices, the 700p is blazing fast on Sprint EVDO. It works great with the Slingbox and VoiceSignal works great too.

It does work perfectly with Bluetooth. You have your bluetooth connected, push the button the "Say a Command" voice prompt speaks via the main phone microphone (you can hear it fine). You say your command and it connects and the calls goes to bluetooth.

The 700p is so much better than any product microsoft or any other PC maker could ever make. I think it is so great, our expectations are so high we expect the perfect all-in-one device we've been dreaming about. Give them a few more years and we'll be there. The technology isn't there yet.

I challenge anyone to name a smart phone that can do everything the Treo 700p can do and better with the 3rd party software available? You can't.

Don't be so hard on Jeff Hawkins either, the Folio, may not make sense now but I trust him. Like he said people laughed at the Palm when it first came out. He went on to demonstrate that all the new products weren't 100% there at launch: the Palm, the Visor, etc but they led to better products. I think they have something amazing up their sleeve and the folio is just the first go at the technology.

I'm so excited that Jeff Hawkins is back involved with Palm!!

The MR will come this week, we're all driving ourselves crazy! Remember a watched pot never boils!

Palm, I hope you realize and appreciate we're all loyal fanboys of the Palm & Treo. There is such passion because you've made a product we CARE about and is such a part of our lives!
    Palm Professional -> Palm III-> Sprint Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Sprint Handspring Treo 300 -> Sprint Handspring Treo 600 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    I totally understand that. But trust me you cant feel all warm and fuzzy when it comes to Israel and Palestine. I dont think people who are mad at Palm over MR delays would be able to resist typing another post with flames when they see this thread
    Honestly, I think that's part of the point of this thread. To see if there's a place for people who are basically positive to feel welcome to post without being overwhelmed by the rest of the silliness.

I hope that this board is big enough to allow for both points of view; quite frankly, I've been a daily visitor to this site and I've been disappointed by what it's turned into. Despite any of Palm's perceived shortcomings, that shouldn't make this site turn into.....this.

So I hope more folks join in taking this whole issue with a little perspective: kiss your kids, remember what's important, and be positive - at least in this one thread!!
    My 700p is so special. It doesn't lag, it doesn't reset. (OK, let's say rarely.) It does so many things so well! I want it near me always. I sleep with it next to my head so if I wake up for a minute I can use it.

Thanks for starting a thread where I can express my deep and positive feelings for the absolute greatness of this thing. My friends are tired of hearing about Sprint SERO and EVDO, but I now impress them using Google maps with the traffic overlay. Life is good!
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEATHIN View Post
    I agree I love my Treo 700p. Palm makes the best devices, the 700p is blazing fast on Sprint EVDO. It works great with the Slingbox and VoiceSignal works great too.

It does work perfectly with Bluetooth. You have your bluetooth connected, push the button the "Say a Command" voice prompt speaks via the main phone microphone (you can hear it fine). You say your command and it connects and the calls goes to bluetooth.

The 700p is so much better than any product microsoft or any other PC maker could ever make. I think it is so great, our expectations are so high we expect the perfect all-in-one device we've been dreaming about. Give them a few more years and we'll be there. The technology isn't there yet.

I challenge anyone to name a smart phone that can do everything the Treo 700p can do and better with the 3rd party software available? You can't.

Don't be so hard on Jeff Hawkins either, the Folio, may not make sense now but I trust him. Like he said people laughed at the Palm when it first came out. He went on to demonstrate that all the new products weren't 100% there at launch: the Palm, the Visor, etc but they led to better products. I think they have something amazing up their sleeve and the folio is just the first go at the technology.

I'm so excited that Jeff Hawkins is back involved with Palm!!

The MR will come this week, we're all driving ourselves crazy! Remember a watched pot never boils!

Palm, I hope you realize and appreciate we're all loyal fanboys of the Palm & Treo. There is such passion because you've made a product we CARE about and is such a part of our lives!
    Seriously, are you being sarcastic or trying hard?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmHead View Post
    My 700p is so special. It doesn't lag, it doesn't reset. (OK, let's say rarely.) It does so many things so well! I want it near me always. I sleep with it next to my head so if I wake up for a minute I can use it.

Thanks for starting a thread where I can express my deep and positive feelings for the absolute greatness of this thing. My friends are tired of hearing about Sprint SERO and EVDO, but I now impress them using Google maps with the traffic overlay. Life is good!
    I think what most people who are yelling and screamig about the delay in the MR are really upset about is the fact that Palm seems not to care about supporting the 700P.

For all those who have not had major issues, and I will even say the majority of owners who have not had major issues, aren't you a little upset with the fact that Palm seems to have dropped support of your beloved 700P?

They release new devices and even update those BEFORE updating your 700P.

The 700P is a great smartphone but it could and WOULD be better if only Palm had issued a MR much earlier.

The question still remains why didn't they and instead brought new devices to market.
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by llarson View Post
    I think what most people who are yelling and screamig about the delay in the MR are really upset about is the fact that Palm seems not to care about supporting the 700P.

For all those who have not had major issues, and I will even say the majority of owners who have not had major issues, aren't you a little upset with the fact that Palm seems to have dropped support of your beloved 700P?

They release new devices and even update those BEFORE updating your 700P.

The 700P is a great smartphone but it could and WOULD be better if only Palm had issued a MR much earlier.

The question still remains why didn't they and instead brought new devices to market.
    Nope, fairly patient person here (I can wait a few more days for the MR)- and as you said, not having major issues that I need support for. That being said, there are other threads to debate that issue. Thanks in advance for not engaging in debate in this one!
    My 700p is wonderful! Everyday, at the end of the day, I'm amazed at the things I can do on it. The 700p is my first smartphone. And because of this phone I can't imagine going back to a regular phone ever again.

The other day here at work we needed to take some pictures of something and then email them to someone else in another state. The only digital camera available was my Canon SD550 (7.1 MP) and yes we did need a better resolution that a standard phone camera. But I didn't have my cables to connect my Canon to a computer so I took the pictures, took out the SD card from the camera, put it in my Treo and emailed them off! Now that might be a small function but...without the Treo... we would have been out of luck.

I love this phone. I think I'll love it just a wee bit more with the MR and the Palm Treo has made me a forever smartphone (hopefully Treo) user.

And kudos Bujin for not forgetting how the Treo has changed our lives!
    bouncing off the top of this cloud. I'll be on VIRB.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by starria View Post

And kudos Bujin for not forgetting how the Treo has changed our lives!
    Yay me!!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast