Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Now Cardfan you are cooking !!1

I agree with you this version sucks

But you know that nice treo fan club you got going there came from the following
    Palm pilot - T3 then handspring then visor then treo 180 then 270 then 600 then 650 and then the glorious 680

Now if they took folio and added more solid state mem (leave Hard drives out they suck juice - besides the 8 - 32 //sdhc cards should be cming out)

gave it gsm capabilities
    allowed linuz programs for africa to be written for it

Guess version 4 would be the one that I would buy !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden View Post
    I don't see businesses large or small moving in the direction of wanting to support a non windows device. IMO even RIM is going to be history sometime soon unless they start making WM devices.
    I disagree. There is no real advantage to running windows mobile on a phone over RIM or Palm OS, or Linux (aka Foleo OS). We are in an entirely different playing field here, that is much different than that of the desktop computer.

As a real world example, the vast majority of the web servers on the planet are running some version of Unix/Linux. Windows is not the top dog here, nor will it ever be IMO.

I think the same is true for a mobile devise. There is alot of room for other OS's to out perform Windows.

Greg
    well said gzartman

Also if Palm leaves the linux OS wide open - which appears what they are going to do - our glorious thriving community will just about write anything for u.

Like I said earleier I will probbly buy version 2 with the gsm and full blown OS from our community writers
    Hi
    Just got this from an interview in one article from Hawkins

"Hawkins then returned to a theme that he's mentioned in the earlier hints he'd given about the Foleo. Imagine if you had "a ton of storage, a ton, basically unlimited storage" on your smartphone. Add that to the fact that you're no longer as constrained by all of those "tradeoffs" that usually apply to the smartphone's design. "I have to just give you a tease here. But that's the direction we're thinking." Hawkins would say no more.

The key, I think, is two-fold. One: the Foleo, as it's currently being marketed (perhaps even as it's currently being made) hasn't achieved what Hawkins has planned for it yet. Two: Neither is the smartphone."

This is what I am saying
    This version of Foleo in the in betweener for the real item while they sort out their "linux" version of OS

I also think that this time they are going to rely heavily on the programming community to come up with all the goodies for the machine
    and boy there are plenty of dem geniuses outh there!!!
    Can you enlighten me what unique (key word) thing this Foleo will do that a laptop can't?

I'm excited about what new Treos that they could come up with using a new OS, but not this particular product. And i'm the type that usually loves to see new gadgets. Not this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Can you enlighten me what unique (key word) thing this Foleo will do that a laptop can't?

I'm excited about what new Treos that they could come up with using a new OS, but not this particular product. And i'm the type that usually loves to see new gadgets. Not this one.
    All similar reactions when the Palm originally came out..."what can this do that my day-timer can't"..."I can do that on my computer..."

This is a product that's use has to still evolve.... although I do agree somewhat that it's a solution to problem that doesn't exist at the consumer level.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiPimp View Post
    this company has fallen off and its time for me to figure out what good software there is for a blackberry, or to see if cingular will let me get my hands on an iphone. my 700p does make a good paperweight though and with the constant soft resets i have to do it could double as an alarm clock.
    This is someone who apparently did not use his/her Treo to it's fullest. Bye, Bye. See you when you get back from throwin your black berry out the window. If you wanted a "portable email machine" you should of gotten you an email machine (blackberry) from the beginning, and not a handheld computer like you have now. Don't bother wasting your time looking for "good software" for your blackberry, cause there isn't any.
    Last edited by djraw; 06/02/2007 at 07:52 PM.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    This is someone who apparently did not use his/her Treo to it's fullest. Bye, Bye. See you when you get back from throwin your black berry out the window. If you wanted a "portable email machine" you should of gotten you an email machine (blackberry) from the beginning, and not a handheld computer like you have now. Don't bother wasting your time looking for "good software" for your blackberry, cause there isn't any.

Skyscape is going to convert all their medical product line to work on BB's. They will start with the most common medical texts first like Dr. Drugs. Worldmate is out there now and so is Olivetree for Bible software. I do think that RIM is smart. The 8830 I guess has most things but the camera. Just a thought, I wish Palm would hurry up and release a linux Treo with a keyboard and without a keyboard.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12