Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Having just purchased a 755 to replace my 600, I am very disappointed with the battery life. W/o heavy use I can't make it thru a whole day, where my 600 would go for 2+. This is relatively light usage!
    What is everyone else experiencing?
    i cannot make it through my day either.

it sucks ALOT when its a weekend, bc I lose juice right when I'm hheading off to a club -then bam, no more battery!
    My battery life has been terrible. I have some high drain apps, but there has been erratic and strange behavior that makes me think something is wrong with my Treo or battery.
    I could go for multiple days on battery, no problem. At the end of the day, yesterday, I was at around 70%, maybe.

Tom
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    My 755p battery life has been a little bit worse than the 700p, which is what I expected given the 1600 vs. 1800. Remember with a Lithium ion battery you need to cycle through full charge/discharges at least 2x's to get the battery operating at peak efficiency.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Battery life isn't enough for me, I had the 2400 mah extended battery in my 700p. If I want to leave chatter on for email, I won't make it through an entire day.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Battery life on my 755p is good...(far better than what I used to have on Moto Q)... At the end of the day its at 50% (moderate usage)...
    Remember these things are spec'ed at, what, four hours of talk time? If you're constantly yapping about nothing to your friends all day, you're going to run the battery down, no matter what the device! :-)

I get longer battery life by not running any program that duplicates what's already installed, turning the keyboard lights off whenever possible, making the backlight as dark as possibe, and not using a data connection when I don't need it, which is a significant portion of my day.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars View Post
    Remember these things are spec'ed at, what, four hours of talk time? If you're constantly yapping about nothing to your friends all day, you're going to run the battery down, no matter what the device! :-)

I get longer battery life by not running any program that duplicates what's already installed, turning the keyboard lights off whenever possible, making the backlight as dark as possibe, and not using a data connection when I don't need it, which is a significant portion of my day.

Tom

What if you're using it for business? Or talking to customers?
    We shouldn't have to dim the backlight to be as dim as possible, or turn off the data connection.

The goal is to have a battery that lasts all day, using it with the phone, email and web technologies built directly into the treo.

If I wanted to not use my treo to talk, or not see the screen, I wouldn't have bought a device in the first place.
    The battery on my first 755 (blue) went down pretty fast but this second one (burgundy, not that color makes a difference) is pretty much the same as my 650. At the end of my biggest day on the phone and playing with the internet (I'm not a big user of either normally) I had 39% left.

I keep a car cord in my armrest but haven't had to use it, but what does it hurt for those of you who run out by the end of the day to plug one in while you're at work or in the car? They are Lithium Ion so it has no memory.
    Last edited by RickMG; 05/31/2007 at 08:57 AM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I understand what you're saying, but you can't blame the device for performing to specification. Palm's site says talk time "up to 4.2 hours". I can bet they mean without the data connection constantly running.

And who said "not see the screen"? I can see my screen fine. I just don't have it cranked up all of the way, which is way too bright except in direct sunlight.

I've said this in other threads. If you want to make sure you have enough battery to talk and do data all day, you might have to invest in some extra chargers for your desk and car.

Tom
    I agree I had some radical behavior out of my battery as well after deleting some applications the phone seems to be fine now, I am not sure if it was just certain apps or if discharging it fully and recharging it helped, but now I am able to make it at least to the end of my day.

Treo 755p.
    Maybe I'll try fully draining my battery again tonight. So far I've had my Treo streaming Shoutcast all day so I wouldn't expect great battery life, heh.
    with brightness at about 20% of the bar, occasional email (manual send/receive via Snappermail), some web surfing and about an hour or so of talk time brings the battery near the danger zone by early evening. If I enable bluetooth it's even worse.

At least Palm wasn't as dumb as they were with the 680's 1200mAh capacity, but any drop from the standard 1800mAh is a bad move (IMHO they should have gone UP). That 200mAh isn't worth needing to carry around extra cables and chargers all day - where is the "weight savings" in that?!?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I posted this in the other battery thread, but so far twice today my Treo has lost power while plugged in. It's at 100% and dropped to 95% the first time, the second it dropped to 93% while staying plugged in the whole time. Something has to be wrong with my Treo or battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    I posted this in the other battery thread, but so far twice today my Treo has lost power while plugged in. It's at 100% and dropped to 95% the first time, the second it dropped to 93% while staying plugged in the whole time. Something has to be wrong with my Treo or battery.
    I have a similar oddity with my phone. It is on the charger, fully charged - I remove the charger and it goes immediately to 97%. If I do a soft reset, it comes back at 99% - but it's odd. Even if it doesn't cause any harm, it bugs me a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    That 200mAh isn't worth needing to carry around extra cables and chargers all day - where is the "weight savings" in that?!?
    Who carries around cables all day? Most people I know take a car to and from work, hence a car charger. Other people usually work sometime during the day in an office, hence a plug in at the office. Not really hard to just plug it in while you sit. Yes the battery isn't the best, but look at the screen and all the things the Treo does. With my Kyocera 7135 I had to carry a backup battery with me at all times because it didn't last long at all. My wife had a Razr for less than a week because the battery didn't last a day on standby.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Who carries around cables all day? Most people I know take a car to and from work, hence a car charger. Other people usually work sometime during the day in an office, hence a plug in at the office.
    OK. So you aren't technically "carrying" them around - you have several locations where you are forced to tether and "tank up" best you can. Kind of like a car that has a 5 gallon gas tank - it works for a while, but you had better plan out all the gas stations along your route or carry along some spare cans of gas. Not very intelligent design IMHO. And, some people still use public transit, and don't sit at a desk job (or have amenable employers).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Typical Useage: Note - No car charger used during driving (typically use when needed)

20 minutes AM - Check email, daily schedule, upcoming week, make notes

10 minutes - drive in, early AM phone calls and voice mails (bluetooth in car)

Sync first thing at work - removed power (typically charge at this time)

110 minutes - 8 hour day - total time used yesterday - 60 minutes web/email/check schedule - 20 minutes game time - 30 minutes phone time

Sync end of day - removed power (typically charge at this time)

20 minutes - drive home/phone use (bluetooth in car)

60 minutes - at home - games, schedule, to-dos, notes, web etc

Total Time - 220 minutes - 3.6 hours - Battery at 50% (per Palm device)
    Tiburon I have noticed the same thing but my battery generally registers 98%with an occasional 99% that drops to 98%. I am trying to condition it by letting it drop to 10% and then doing an in cradle reset which is a soft reset while charging. You do NOT turn the phone off, but let it turn off on its own and then charge it around 5 hours or more. I have done two of these so far and not noticed a difference but they are supposed to help. It bugs me too.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast