Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Since my original post, starting this thread on 5/31, battery life has greatly improved as indicated in several postings. I did change my power settings to 30 seconds for both dim on call and auto-off.
    I'm at 71% after a relatively quite day, with about 30 minutes on Power Vision & maybe 10 minutes of talk time.
    In closing, for me the battery will most likely be adequate.
    Thanks for all the feedback,
    Greg
    I see that SEIDIO is shipping a 2100mAh battery specifcally for the Treo 755 that does not require a different back, starting the week of June 18th. But it cost $60. See http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=760
    Quote Originally Posted by grsmith150 View Post
    Since my original post, starting this thread on 5/31, battery life has greatly improved as indicated in several postings. I did change my power settings to 30 seconds for both dim on call and auto-off.
    I'm at 71% after a relatively quite day, with about 30 minutes on Power Vision & maybe 10 minutes of talk time.
    In closing, for me the battery will most likely be adequate.
    Thanks for all the feedback,
    Greg
    I just got mine a couple of days ago. My battery life is EXTREMELY poor compared to my 650!! I changed my power settings to the above while it was fully charged yesterday. I also have the screen brightness set on almost the lowest setting. By this morning, my charge was down to 15%!! With my 650, my charge would never get down much below 50% ... and I used the phone about as much as I always used my 650 (maybe 30 minutes talk time and 1hr web surfing ... otherwise it was just sitting around doing nothing).

Will this get better, or should I look into getting the phone swapped?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowdren View Post
    I see that SEIDIO is shipping a 2100mAh battery specifcally for the Treo 755 that does not require a different back, starting the week of June 18th. But it cost $60. See http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=760
    Plus about $10 to ship - $70 battery. First reports out are that it's marvelous - but $70 isn't an easy decision to make. I'm using my old 700p spare battery without the cover until the price dips below $50 shipped.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    My OEM 755 battery last a day of good normal use. If I forget to plug it in at night, it will be depleated pretty quickly the next morning. My old 650 battery when new gave me about a day and a half, so its not as bad as i would have thought.

In any case, I need two batteries since both for when I forget to plug the treo in or am really using it heavily or on the road. Awaiting my new extended battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne View Post
    I just got mine a couple of days ago. My battery life is EXTREMELY poor compared to my 650!! I changed my power settings to the above while it was fully charged yesterday. I also have the screen brightness set on almost the lowest setting. By this morning, my charge was down to 15%!! With my 650, my charge would never get down much below 50% ... and I used the phone about as much as I always used my 650 (maybe 30 minutes talk time and 1hr web surfing ... otherwise it was just sitting around doing nothing).

Will this get better, or should I look into getting the phone swapped?
    Keep in mind the battery life will be bad for the first week or two, especially the first few day. With every recharge it should get better. It takes a good 10 or so cycles to get decent.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234