1.    #1  
    I've had this phone forever and never seem to make my jpeg files the right size to fit perfectly on my 700p without it resizing the image and messing it up. Does anyone know the EXACT dimensions of the 700p's wallpaper the size that will prevent my phone from mangling the image?

Thanks!!!

∑:^7
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    320 by 320...is what the screen is
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxred View Post
    I've had this phone forever and never seem to make my jpeg files the right size to fit perfectly on my 700p without it resizing the image and messing it up. Does anyone know the EXACT dimensions of the 700p's wallpaper the size that will prevent my phone from mangling the image?

Thanks!!!

∑:^7
    If you are referring to the wallpaper for the phone app, it's 320x240 as long as you are only showing one row of favorites and have calendar events turned off.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I know this is an old thread, but I can't seem to find a thread from a long time ago with all the different dimensions.

I have one row of favorites and calendar events turned on. Would that mean it's 320X160? Sounds kind of small, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    Using Wallpapers in the default phone will chop them. Depending on what you have set to display.

If you want/need full size 320 x 320 jpg's displayed, use TakePhone. The jpg's and skins done by NachoB and mcenterville for TakePhone are absolutely fantastic.

6.    #6  
    y'all have given a bunch of good info, but I am not happy with the way the Treo sizes things down, so that's why I was asking for specifics. even at 320x240 it seems to be dithering. maybe I will try the third party app suggested. it just seems like we shouldn't have to buy an app to get wallpaper looking good on our Treos.

damn the iPhone/Touch is weak compared to our device. but it's looking more and more tempting all the time...

*sigh*

hope the SDK wakes Palm up! I'd love a viable successor to my 700p. =]
    i use freeware ifranview to resize pics .. u can also select to keep aspect ratio to keep the photo looking right

i hear u with the palm out of date look...but there are tons of third party apps to give the phone a face lift...

for starters u can try out skinner for the dialpad and flash screens
    takephone for a more customizable phonebook and dialpad
    2day for calendar/tasks events
    LrnChr to take place of the default one
    colorize/hi-lighter.. to change colors of the palm
    palmrevolt.. to reskin the buttons and colors
    fontsmoother and or fonts4os5 to change the fonts of the device..

over time i was able to make my device look like something from 2010...lol

it took allot of customization though
    u pay 300 bucks for the PALM resets not for the looks...lol