Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I've had a constant data connection all day long. It's killing my battery in record time, and when I plug in to recharge, the phone gets really hot as it's charging and still has its data connection. I've tried soft reseting 3 times, but this has done nothing. Not to mention the phone is acting generally screwy, I'm guessing because of over-heating.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Something is obviously trying to keep the connection active.

If you are using Chattermail, try an "exit and disconnect".

If you are using Verizon's active synch, try shutting it down.

Another thing you can do is create a new network connection, instead of the default Broadband - which you cannot likely edit or delete - and set it up for "Cradle/Cable" connections. This is obviously a last resort.

Without information on what software you have running it's really unlikely anyone can help you.

Good luck - and make sure you get the MR it/when it's released.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Hi,

I thought of that and shut down anything that could be reaching out for a connection, but no luck.

I just manually disconnected my connection by going through "Preferences", "Network" and tapped "Disconnect". I reconnected via the same screen in "Preferences" and (as of right now) everything seems to be ok. Really stange huh?

Thanks for your post!

Now just waiting for the MR
    I've had the same problem today. Not sure what the deal is. Are U on verizon?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Nope, on Sprint. Today everything seems to be OK, with the exception that I've had to soft reset twice after my phone wouldn't wake up and also a strange countdown to shut my phone off becuase my battery was almost dead. BTW, my battery is fully charged.

Try manually terminating your data connection and then enabling it from the same screen like I did above and see if that works for you.

Good luck!