1.    #1  
    Moving from the 650 I was using Xiino instead of Blazer. Is there any benefit, convenience, or problem by using Xiino on the 755?
    Other than the fact that it's faster than Blazer and allows you to TRULY go over pages in history?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Since were on the topic, does anyone have any opinions about using Opera Mini on the 755p? Also, is there any major advantages between Opera Mini, Xiino, and Blazer? I haven't seen any comparisons between the three and I was curious on how each one performed. I have heard really good things about Opera Mini, once you get past the installation.
    Here's how I use them:

• If I'm reading news I'll use Xiino, it's a lot faster than the other options. The only option that uses it's cache well.
    • Opera is significantly slower, but the rendering of pages is great. It seems to be most compatible with pages containing code like java that would otherwise not render well. I can actually access my bank account and make payments with Opera Mini but there's no encryption so I don't recommend using it for that. It's fun to know I have the option.
    • Blazer is your choice if you need to download PRCs or other stuff.

You'll find your favorite web sites might be rendered better in any of the 3 so you'll jump from one to another depending on your tastes.

RicardoG
    Last edited by RicardoG; 05/30/2007 at 07:56 PM.
    Blazer is a lot better than it used to be. I just tried Xiino, but the rendering was so awful I deleted it right away. I tried Opera once a while ago and it didn't render as well, either.

So, I think my #1 choice is still Blazer. It does render a little slow at times, but it's a crapload better than the competition in its rendering, and that's what's most important to me.

Tom
    with blazers terrible performance on the 650, Xiino was a necessity, but now with evdo & better caching, I haven't even bothered to install Xiino on the 755...
    HTC Touch Pro
    Install Fonts4OS5 and the Handera18 font and Xiino will look great all of a sudden.

Xiino can handle PRCs and zips, etc.

OperaMini is great, but I use Xiino because it is more stable, has a 'find on page' feature, has a persistent cache, and can be set as the default browser. I've tried to like Blazer for a year, but it's not even close.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    If your vision is good try it out....

RicardoG
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Install Fonts4OS5 and the Handera18 font and Xiino will look great all of a sudden.

Xiino can handle PRCs and zips, etc.

OperaMini is great, but I use Xiino because it is more stable, has a 'find on page' feature, has a persistent cache, and can be set as the default browser. I've tried to like Blazer for a year, but it's not even close.
    Where can I get the Handera18 font? I can't seem to find it on the net
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    with blazers terrible performance on the 650, Xiino was a necessity, but now with evdo & better caching, I haven't even bothered to install Xiino on the 755...
    Ditto... Blazer's caching could still be a bit better, tho, I'm sure.