Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21  
    How hard is it to sell your Treo 700p on eBay and use that money to upgrade to the Treo 755p? You could pretty much upgrade at zero cost or even make some money if you know how to talk to reps on the phone. So stop the whinnying and get your 755p if you don't like your 700p.

    Al
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    How hard is it to sell your Treo 700p on eBay and use that money to upgrade to the Treo 755p? You could pretty much upgrade at zero cost or even make some money if you know how to talk to reps on the phone. So stop the whinnying and get your 755p if you don't like your 700p.

    Al
    Easy for those on Sprint, but what about us Verizon users??? I have 7 business lines on verizon and I'm the only one packing a PDA. I would really love a 755 and wish I'd have waited to get my PDA, but at the time, the 700p looked awesome.
  3. #23  
    I must be missing something. Instant on, isn't that just like the wake from sleep on Macs? Similar battery life, and a full featured device? Oh, and it works without a MR (sorry, couldn't resist :-D)...
  4. #24  
    If it does come out, the earliest will be late tomorrow. They will want to keep that foleo item as the headline on the blog, as long as possible.
    Matty
  5. yahdoood's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #25  
    If Sprint is so GD concerned about keeping customers perhaps they should approve the update already!!!

    Than again my contract is over but I can/have to put up with my crappy 700p as Verizon is overpriced and I have a killer plan from 4 years ago... and GSM Crapular / TFeeble just plain suck for call quality.
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 05/31/2007 at 09:40 AM. Reason: offensive language
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    I must be missing something. Instant on, isn't that just like the wake from sleep on Macs? Similar battery life, and a full featured device? Oh, and it works without a MR (sorry, couldn't resist :-D)...
    I wouldn't ever own a Mac, but my guess is that this is like the PC Hybernate function. Basically, you are "snapshoting" a RAM image to your hard disk when you put the machine to sleep. I think what they are saying is that the Foleo is like your Treo: You hit a button and it's on instantly, no waiting for the RAM image to be reloaded from a hard disk.

    Greg
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by gzartman View Post
    I wouldn't ever own a Mac, but my guess is that this is like the PC Hybernate function. Basically, you are "snapshoting" a RAM image to your hard disk when you put the machine to sleep. I think what they are saying is that the Foleo is like your Treo: You hit a button and it's on instantly, no waiting for the RAM image to be reloaded from a hard disk.

    Greg
    Yea but since it doesn't have a hard disk it is storing it in RAM, so the reload should be fast. Again... not really inovative other than they are using RAM instead of a hard disk.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen001 View Post
    Yea but since it doesn't have a hard disk it is storing it in RAM, so the reload should be fast. Again... not really inovative other than they are using RAM instead of a hard disk.

    Yes, I think I just said that didn't I?
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by gzartman View Post
    Yes, I think I just said that didn't I?
    Yea I guess you did...
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    How hard is it to sell your Treo 700p on eBay and use that money to upgrade to the Treo 755p? You could pretty much upgrade at zero cost or even make some money if you know how to talk to reps on the phone. So stop the whinnying and get your 755p if you don't like your 700p.
    FYI, I have a 700p and my wife has a 755p. The battery life with the stock battery is nearly double on the 700p compared with the 755p (not to mention that you can get even bigger capacity batteries for the 700p that won't fit in the 755p. The call quality and signal strength is also significantly better on the 700p (probably due to the better antenna). The lag moving from one program to the other is better on the 755p, but isn't gone altogether. For me, by the way, the only lag that is unreasonably long on the 750p is when switching out of Blazer, and this is also the longest lag on the 755p. Other than the battery issue, the 755p has a much nicer feel in your hand. In all other respects, I found the two phones to be equal. Summing all that up, to me it seems that the 755p is a downgrade not an upgrade from the 750p. Now maybe one of the 25 third-party applications on my phone isn't the one that is causing others here grief or maybe Palm's QC stinks and I just lucked out on my current 700p and the two earlier ones that were replaced due to loss (I keep forgetting my phone in taxis) were among the only good ones. I doubt it, so I don't see what the shouting is all about. It is my firm belief that the reset problem (which I have never had) is due to a corrupt program or data file that gets restored in its corrupt form after a hard reset and that the only fix is a complete reinstall. But what do I know, I've only had a flawlessly running 700p since the week it was released.
    Last edited by rbienstock; 05/31/2007 at 03:20 PM.
    Regards,

    Robert
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbienstock View Post
    FYI, I have a 700p and my wife has a 755p. The battery life with the stock battery is nearly double on the 750p compared with the 755p (not to mention that you can get even bigger capacity batteries for the 750p that won't fit in the 755p. The call quality and signal strength is also significantly better on the 750p (probably due to the better antenna). The lag moving from one program to the other is better on the 755p, but isn't gone altogether. For me, by the way, the only lag that is unreasonably long on the 750p is when switching out of Blazer, and this is also the longest lag on the 755p. Other than the battery issue, the 755p has a much nicer feel in your hand. In all other respects, I found the two phones to be equal. Summing all that up, to me it seems that the 755p is a downgrade not an upgrade from the 750p. Now maybe one of the 25 third-party applications on my phone isn't the one that is causing others here grief or maybe Palm's QC stinks and I just lucked out on my current 750p and the two earlier ones that were replaced due to loss (I keep forgetting my phone in taxis) were amont the only good ones. I doubt it, so I don't see what the shouting is all about.
    uhhh. you lost me dude. you said you had a 700p, the wife a 755. but then you talk about a 750p. so do whut?
    Matty
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    uhhh. you lost me dude. you said you had a 700p, the wife a 755. but then you talk about a 750p. so do whut?
    A typo, now fixed, as should have been obvious. But if you can find a 750p, I'll buy it from you at any price you care to name.
    Regards,

    Robert
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    I must be missing something. Instant on, isn't that just like the wake from sleep on Macs? Similar battery life, and a full featured device? Oh, and it works without a MR (sorry, couldn't resist :-D)...
    Are laptops(powerbook,macbook pro, all mac laptops for that matter) go to sleep like normal PC laptops.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    I must be missing something. Instant on, isn't that just like the wake from sleep on Macs? Similar battery life, and a full featured device? Oh, and it works without a MR (sorry, couldn't resist :-D)...
    PCs have sleep mode as well. Basically, everything that is stored in RAM is saved to the hard drive and the computer shuts down. When it starts up again, it looks to see if anything has been saved. If so, it will load that info back into RAM.

    I'm guessing the Foleo doesn't have a hard drive, so thay are probably using non-volatile RAM. Same concept though...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  15. #35  
    Yeah Yeah...I know. I should have read the rest of the thread before that last post!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions