1.    #1  
    I know there are lots of thread on this, and I've read them.

I was just wondering does this improve with time? I only had my 680 Unlocked for about 4 days.

Has anyone with the "90-98% after full charge" problem, notice a change after some time? Or am I basically stuck with the battery reading 98%. It bothers me to see the battery read 98%!!! Its like I put gas in my car, and it keeps reading only half tank full.

--btw, it doesn't help if I pull the charger off right when the LED turns green, and then re-insert charger. It will charge for another 5 minutes, but charge still only show 98% after I pull the charger out.
    --Also, I've tried the sim-out reset, AND the full discharge ONCE.
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling View Post
    I know there are lots of thread on this, and I've read them.

I was just wondering does this improve with time? I only had my 680 Unlocked for about 4 days.

Has anyone with the "90-98% after full charge" problem, notice a change after some time? Or am I basically stuck with the battery reading 98%. It bothers me to see the battery read 98%!!! Its like I put gas in my car, and it keeps reading only half tank full.

--btw, it doesn't help if I pull the charger off right when the LED turns green, and then re-insert charger. It will charge for another 5 minutes, but charge still only show 98% after I pull the charger out.
    --Also, I've tried the sim-out reset, AND the full discharge ONCE.
    From what I've read, the SIM-out reset charge was a hoax.

Full discharge, charge to full and then softreset without removing battery or power lead and allow to "green" again, is generally accepted as the best way to "condition" your battery and setup the batter meter.

Other than that, charging to full using the hotsync lead rather than a "mains" lead, has been found to "top" out the battery best.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.

Have not tried full discharge, charge, then SOFT RESET. I stopped at full discharge and charge. Will try it out and report back.

I'm still wondering if anyone who originally had the 90-98% full charge problem see improvement, either as time went on, or with these "tricks".
    At some point you will probably see the 100%; it hardly matters as it will drop to 99% instantly, so you're almost there anyway. You're going to enjoy this phone, but you'll hate the power problems and whether you get 98% or reach 100% now or some isolated time in the future, will not have any noticeable effect on total battery life, which remain dismal if you fully use the phone. If you use it less than that, you'll be happy anyway, so it still will make no difference. I have had 100% since the beginning, and then just this week it has been stopping at 92%. But now I think I'm back to 100. I don't really know--and if someone as obsessive about the power doesn't care that much, you probably shouldn't either.
    Thanks.

Have not tried full discharge, charge, then SOFT RESET. I stopped at full discharge and charge. Will try it out and report back.

I'm still wondering if anyone who originally had the 90-98% full charge problem see improvement, either as time went on, or with these "tricks".
    I tend to agree with mdavis - it isnt so important that you might lose 1 or even a few percent at the start, what is more important is how long the other 90-98% lasts you, and I think this is where some knowledge of how to optimise performance can be useful. You might gain something from the first post in this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=dig%27s

I agree with ChasT that a full discharge/charge routine is worth one more try (making sure that you discharge until it dies, not just until it reads 0%), but I am not sure where the Soft reset after discharge/charge step came from and I dont think it is necessary. I am also surprised that you get 98% if you unplug the instant the LED turns green. It should read 99, and the drop from 99 is something that happens with time. So, if you waited for half hour or so, then it might drop below 99. How many times have you checked that?
  6.    #6  
    I've done the full discharge until 680 won't power on anymore last night because the day before, I noticed full charge only reaches 98%.

However, after the full discharge and charge, it was still at 98% full charge this morning. I tested this by hard resetting the 680 and then topping it off to a "green" led, and when I pull the charger, it still reads 98% instantly. I can plug it in again, but it always reads 98% when pulled from the charger. This is before hardreset, and after hard reset.

My battery lasts a decent amount of time, it's just the 98% that was bothering me.

--- Since I already tried the full discharge once, i'm going to try it again tonite, but with a soft reset at the end of it's 4-6 hour charge....
    What does the battery say WHILE it is charging? Check the charge when the light is green without disconnecting the charger. Remember, this battery meter is as flaky as they come.
  8.    #8  
    While it's charging, after showing "green" led, 680 shows 100% (charging).

Right after I pull it, it shows 98% instantly. It didn't seem like it mattered if I kept the charger on longer after the green led, because I've tried it, and it still shows 98% after pulling it after an hour or so of charging after the initial green led.

Battery still has 15% charge left, waiting for it to die, so I can try the discharge/recharge again with a soft reset at the end. Last time I tried the discharge, battery died after 30 minutes to 45 minutes of showing 0%. Hopefully today, it will be more accurate.
    While it's charging, after showing "green" led, 680 shows 100% (charging).

Right after I pull it, it shows 98% instantly. It didn't seem like it mattered if I kept the charger on longer after the green led, because I've tried it, and it still shows 98% after pulling it after an hour or so of charging after the initial green led.

Battery still has 15% charge left, waiting for it to die, so I can try the discharge/recharge again with a soft reset at the end. Last time I tried the discharge, battery died after 30 minutes to 45 minutes of showing 0%. Hopefully today, it will be more accurate.
    It does drift over a matter of weeks/months. I recently recalibrated mine, and it stayed at 0% for quite a while. I estimate (based on the rate it was dropping before it hit 0%) that what it thought was 0% was more like 15-20%. There are ways to speed up the drain process - eg put bejewelled on with screen intensity on full.

Are you using the stock standard battery?
  10.    #10  
    Yes, I am using the standard battery.

Battery just died, just watched the countdown.

Now i'm going to plug the charger in, remove the battery and wait, put battery back in and don't touch the phone until 6 hours later, then soft reset.

I'll post back tomorrow if I get the 99% or not =)
  11.    #11  
    It shows 99% when fully charged now!!!

I hard resetted first (took out sim card) and went through all the phone setup first. Then waited til the battery died. I plugged the charger in and the phone turned on after a while.

This time I played with the phone when it was charging, and I took the battery out when the led reached green. Upon replacing battery back in, led turned red and it charged starting at 99%. After 5 minutes it was green, and showing 100% (Charging).

I pulled off the charger, and it's showing 99%. I took the battery out, and replaced SIM in, and replaced battery in, and still says 99%.

I'm sooooooooooo happy. I'm sure the drain and recharge helped. 2nd time worked perfectly.