Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Dry. Scant news on the 700p MR. Plenty of coverage however on Palm's latest piece of "innovation". They call it Foleo. Will it fly? I doubt it, I already have a small laptop that gives me all I need plus more. Palm is shooting blanks.

But oh poor 700p, forgotten and beaten to exhaustion! No MR in the near future, not even after Palm assured us things were on-schedule. Maybe they did not get the memo that Jeff was releasing a new big component in Palm's overall strategy, thus shifting the focus within Palm to support Foleo.

So here's the conspiracy theory. The 700p MR has not been released until they make sure it works with Foleo. And it has been a nightmare. And it will continue to be since Foleo relies 100% on BT to do it's fancy magic. And we all know how BT is not the 700p best of traits.

I smell a delay, I sense a new long painful delay. Why was it then we got re-assurance of things being released on time? Why is it that we are forgotten, poor 700p users?

For the end is near...
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Oddly enough, my 700 is behaving more and more poorly as each day passes; almost like waiting for an 11th hour stay of execution from the Governer...
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    I smell a delay, I sense a new long painful delay. Why was it then we got re-assurance of things being released on time? Why is it that we are forgotten, poor 700p users?

For the end is near...
    I smell a class-action lawsuit.

...What?!? Am I the only one who's so pissed he's willing to say it? Or did I just miss all of the other threads where it is said?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WildFireX View Post

...What?!? Am I the only one who's so pissed he's willing to say it? Or did I just miss all of the other threads where it is said?
    The later, young padawan, the later. Not to start the often cited lawsuit, but it is in everyone's mind.

Kudos however in voicing the opinion.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Yeah, I know, maybe it's off the cuff, maybe nobody wants to say it just yet, but I can almost guarantee that it's in the back of everyone's minds:

"If the MR is late or sucky, they are so sued."
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I just had a thought of a quote from Futurama that seemed rather apt:

Professor: "...I've been able to make those government mandated upgrades you've all been suing me about!"
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    RIP PALM! The Foleo is Stupidoleo. I cant believe they think that thing will fly. OH WOW a VGA port. They should make a VGA adapter for the 700p... I would be completely embarrassed to show that thing off...

RIP PALM! They really stunk anyway if they hadnt boughten Handspring...
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Honestly, why do you think Palm is even bothering with this update at this point?! It sure as hell isn't because they are concerned about their hardware working correctly... It's an attempt to avoid a class action lawsuit and nothing else.
    I officially give up on this frickin thing.. I just got an 8525 from AT&T for free. You can actually get any phone free including the 750 with a new sign up.. Check out this FW thread:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...734735&start=0
  10. jps
    Quote Originally Posted by WildFireX View Post

just tell me WHERE to sign on and what I can do the accelerate the process!
    :: Verizon Treo 650 w/o Camera
    :: Hardware Rev B
    :: Current Update: 1.05A
    :: Custom ROM: -BigSur -BT -Camera -FATFS -Handango -Hidden -Languages -Pixer -RealPlayer -Tips -Tutorials -VideoAccess -World Clock -Welcome -WirelessSync +Datebook (700p) +FAT32 +Memo (700p) +PowerPrferences (700p) +ToDo (700p)
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    all talk no action, this "class action" involves some "action"...get on it already
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Well, I for one am still in that "if" stage. I've been a loyal Palm customer for years, and yes, I've had four or five months (I got my 700p earlier this year) of annoyances, so I'm not to that point yet where I start lashing out, but if the MR is late, if the MR doesn't help, then you can guarantee I'll be angry.

And just like David Banner, Palm wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Okay, I can't back that up, but I'm sure I can whine a lot on this and other boards.
    I have learned my lesson with Palm. Wait two generations. I would have gone from the 700p to the 755p. Foleo - let's see foleo 2 before I buy.
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    My chat today with the tech reps in Palm just re-assures me these guys don't know any better, and in fact their only source of information is the same as ours, i.e. the web and perhaps this very same forum.

Not happy, not happy at all. Willing to trade phone come Saturday. Yes, I seriously doubt they will release anything at this point.

Kent(Wed May 30 17:58:36 PDT 2007)>Hello Jorge_Martinez, Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Kent. How may I help you?

Kent(Wed May 30 17:58:47 PDT 2007)>Hello.

Jorge_Martinez(Wed May 30 14:59:28 PDT 2007)>Hi

Jorge_Martinez(Wed May 30 14:59:37 PDT 2007)>A tech representative told me yesterday the 700p MR would be out before May 31st. That is today and still cannot find where to download the software update

Kent(Wed May 30 18:00:13 PDT 2007)>I am really sorry for the miss communication.

Jorge_Martinez(Wed May 30 15:01:10 PDT 2007)>OK so what's the deal?

Kent(Wed May 30 18:00:54 PDT 2007)>It will be released in couple of days.

Jorge_Martinez(Wed May 30 15:02:09 PDT 2007)>do you have the exact date? My phone is pretty unusable at this point...

Kent(Wed May 30 18:02:27 PDT 2007)>I am really sorry we don't have exact information about the date.

Kent(Wed May 30 18:02:40 PDT 2007)>I appreciate you patience.

Jorge_Martinez(Wed May 30 15:03:19 PDT 2007)>so how can you tell me it will be out in two days?

Kent(Wed May 30 18:03:37 PDT 2007)>It is mentioned that it will be released 28th "week" of May.

Kent(Wed May 30 18:04:25 PDT 2007)>So we can expect the update could be released in couple of days.

Jorge_Martinez(Wed May 30 15:05:12 PDT 2007)>I'll give you that, perhaps I got to excited when the tech yesterday told me "before May 31st"

Kent(Wed May 30 18:04:49 PDT 2007)>I am really sorry for the miss communication earlier.

Jorge_Martinez(Wed May 30 15:06:00 PDT 2007)>So you guys seriously don't have an exact day? Wow, there goes my confidence in fixing my device any time soon

Jorge_Martinez(Wed May 30 15:06:23 PDT 2007)>OK, so no later than Friday is when the patch is supposed to be out?

Kent(Wed May 30 18:06:08 PDT 2007)>Yes we could expect.

Jorge_Martinez(Wed May 30 15:07:55 PDT 2007)>Well, I guess I'll be contacting you guys on Friday asking for the download... thanks for the lcaification then
    If you stop and think about it, while the public was distracted with the Follyo, Palm should have released the MR. If there were problems, then who would be paying attention to report it? From www.tfd.com:

4. misdirection - the act of distracting; drawing someone's attention away from something; "conjurers are experts at misdirection"
    Yes, it shouldve been released today. Its not like Sprint could be holding it up any longer, as the 755p has already garnered their approval. So now it falls on Palm... Friday is my guess.
    I didn't know May had 28 weeks in it. Learn something new every day.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I'll tell you, they have lost my confidence in their support, design,innovation,or lack of the afformentioned.
    I will definitely be going to another company for my all in one device, they have really dropped the ball. I am still beside myself that they are one out of 3 real choices in smartphone companies.

I feel like N.Korea has more options then we do sometimes...I HATE YOU PALM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    I believe I will try to get Sprint to switch out my 700p, for the 700wx. I believe they will wait till tomorrow, then announce it has been delayed again.
    Matty
    If it does come out, the earliest will be late tomorrow. They will want to keep that foleo item as the headline on the blog, as long as possible.
    Matty
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast