Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21  
    Kent(Wed May 30 18:00:13 PDT 2007)>I am really sorry for the miss communication.

    Who the heck is Miss Communication? Is that like Miss USA or something? How do they determine who becomes Miss Communication?

    The Scripps Spelling Bee is today - can you spell better than a fifth grader?
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
  2. yahdoood's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #22  
    Last night my 700p crashed about ten times trying to sync up my imap mail... it's uncanny, almost like it knows I am out of love with it... If the bberry could thread emails and texts and actually truly edit large word dox without taking ten minutes to open them I'd switch in a sec...

    Palm just has no clue anymore...
  3. #23  
    All it takes is someone who can actually get a lawsuit together. If I knew how or it was my expertise, i'd go after Palm, but it isn't my area. You need someone who has gone after big companies.

    You know, if you bought a car and the airbag didnt work, your sure as hell going to see it be fixed ASAP,or if there is a problem with a seat belt, bet your *** it will get fixed.

    Why is it, that is something could kill you (like car stuff not working) if it went on that long the car company would be sued as soon as someone died?

    BUT if it doesn't involve dying, its harder. I mean people have won lawsuits against food companies I guess, which isn't dying, so why not Palm?

    Why isn't one filed that says it is filed because we all bought a BETA phone and it wasnt told to us this is what it was.

    Were we really supposed to know it wasnt going to work? I mean I spent $$$ on a device that works 80% of the time or what ever.

    If your food sucks at the restaurant you get your money back or a free meal.

    I've said it a million times and i'll say it again.

    My microwave does what it is supposed too, my TV, my laptop, my camera, my fridge, my freezer, my dryer, my washer, my stove, etc etc.

    What would it be like if those things ONLY worked 80% of the time, or they were beta products out of the box?

    What if your clothes only went through the wash cycle but spin didnt work?

    What if your microwave was set for 10min when it only cooked for 8?

    What if the stove had 4 burners but one didnt work?

    What if your alarm clock only alarmed every other time?

    You see my point? Why should a phone/pda be any different?

    I can tell you know, that you wouldn't settle for the above to happen, but we seem to get know where when it comes to the Treo.

    I think if someone did file a lawsuit, they might wake the hell up.
  4. #24  
    I am with you. Count me in for the lawsuit. We have been waiting for a year for Palm to fix the damn thing to do what it suppose to do. I feel like I am wasting half of my life waiting for those white screens, resets and BT connects.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by batmon View Post
    I am with you. Count me in for the lawsuit. We have been waiting for a year for Palm to fix the damn thing to do what it suppose to do. I feel like I am wasting half of my life waiting for those white screens, resets and BT connects.
    I don't know that a lawsuit is really the right answer here, as I think it might just hurt overall. It could scare them into recalling the devices and replacing them with something that works though, which would certainly please plenty of folks.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  6. #26  
    Will post again tomorrow.

    so where is todays post, by the way....
    Matty
  7. #27  
    Let's see if I remember....oh yeah - the 650:

    Just wondering how long we should all wait until filing the class action for having spent $600 for the 650, a constant stream of money upgrading our network plans, and even more money going through temporary and permanent accesories like a wired headset until PalmOne fixes its bluetooth problems, etc. Perhaps, us consumers will have to take action if PalmOne continues to drag its feet on resolving these essential problems. How long should we wait until taking action?
    Let's do the math: according to this poll (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=poll) 71% of users on this site are at least moderately satisfied with thier Treo 700p. If you consider that we are a tiny fraction of the Treo 700p users, do you think anyone will say that there is a basis for a class action lawsuit?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  8. #28  
    actually that poll is not 700p specific. It's just your general Treo experience. Now the poll they did about who was going to upgrade was more appropriate I thought (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=143285)

    23% have Very buggy 700p's
    55% have Little buggy 700p's
    22% have non buggy 700p's

    so a whopping 75% have at least moderately buggy 700p's. And regardless, knock out the Little buggy people and just focus on the very buggy, since when is a 77% success rate acceptable for a product? Not that it's apples to apples, but would you go to a surgeon who's successful outcomes is only at 77%? How can any company put out a product knowing beforehand it has hardware issues and that 23% of the units are going to experience major issues? For me, I've lost business because of the 700p's issues. Talking on the phone and have an incoming call come in causing it to reset while not even knowing who was calling in. Needing timely answers but having my text messages freeze. Just last week I got the runaround from Palm, humored them by doing a hard reset and just reinstalling my calendar and contacts db's. Then put on fresh copies of what few programs I actually have on it. And I still have the same issues. I can spend two hours of my day talking on the phone not to mention time I spend checking email or just quick fact finding surfing. I didn't spend $600 to deal with a phone that is plagued with these problems. I tried the Q and wasn't happy with it. I don't see the Blackberry 8800 series yet, and I don't want the current one. So the 755p is my only real option if this MR keeps getting pushed off. Who spends this kind of money to have a product that only works well 77% of the time? So that isn't the perfect analogy for the stats, but it makes a point. These are business tools. They are productivity tools. The problems it has are counter productive to doing business and getting the runaround to having it corrected is just plain wrong and a disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Let's do the math: according to this poll (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=poll) 71% of users on this site are at least moderately satisfied with thier Treo 700p. If you consider that we are a tiny fraction of the Treo 700p users, do you think anyone will say that there is a basis for a class action lawsuit?
    Last edited by crogs571; 06/01/2007 at 10:45 PM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    actually that poll is not 700p specific. It's just your general Treo experience. Now the poll they did about who was going to upgrade was more appropriate I thought (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=143285)

    23% have Very buggy 700p's
    55% have Moderately buggy 700p's
    22% have non buggy 700p's

    so a whopping 75% have at least moderately buggy 700p's. And regardless, knock out the moderately buggy people and just focus on the very buggy, since when is a 77% success rate acceptable for a product?

    What I think is funny is that you look at a poll that clearly reads "a little buggy" and change that to "moderately buggy" to make your point. Maybe I'm weird, but "a little" means something very different than "moderately" to me. Maybe you would make your point clearer if you didn't alter the facts.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  10. #30  
    corrected. but it still doesn't change making my point. Even 30 of the people that have little buggy 700's are still going to update right away. and the ones that are going to wait are waiting because they're afraid to see what new problems it will bring. They're not waiting because the little bugs are acceptable to them.

    better for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    What I think is funny is that you look at a poll that clearly reads "a little buggy" and change that to "moderately buggy" to make your point. Maybe I'm weird, but "a little" means something very different than "moderately" to me. Maybe you would make your point clearer if you didn't alter the facts.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    corrected. but it still doesn't change making my point. Even 30 of the people that have little buggy 700's are still going to update right away. and the ones that are going to wait are waiting because they're afraid to see what new problems it will bring. They're not waiting because the little bugs are acceptable to them.

    better for you?

    So by the survey you're quoting, 77% of the users on this board have non-buggy or "a little buggy" Treo's. My whole point is that this does not a class action suit make. For instance, I took that poll - I listed mine as "a little buggy", simply because I get a lag of about 2 seconds between applications. It's certainly not enough for me to make an issue of. I would imagine that many others in the "a little buggy" category feel the same.

    Let me make this clear: I'm not minimizing other folks' issues - just trying to point out that it isn't a universal problem, and it wouldn't be something that could ever be justified in court.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  12. #32  
    don't think I ever once mentioned a lawsuit. I just don't fathom how a company can put out a product they know only works 77% of the time. The bottom line is Palm knowingly put out a product that had known hardware conflicts, admittedly by them. What company does that and gets away with it?

    And I lumped the little buggy, going to upgrade immediately into the little buggy, will wait and see category. So to say that all little buggy people are like you is stretching it. The ones that will upgrade right away just might be experiencing one of the four or so issues. I don't even consider a 2 second lag one of the issues. It's the 10-23 second lag between programs that is the problem. 23 second being the longest I've expeirienced. Don't know what others have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    So by the survey you're quoting, 77% of the users on this board have non-buggy or "a little buggy" Treo's. My whole point is that this does not a class action suit make. For instance, I took that poll - I listed mine as "a little buggy", simply because I get a lag of about 2 seconds between applications. It's certainly not enough for me to make an issue of. I would imagine that many others in the "a little buggy" category feel the same.

    Let me make this clear: I'm not minimizing other folks' issues - just trying to point out that it isn't a universal problem, and it wouldn't be something that could ever be justified in court.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  13. #33  
    And I understand what you're saying about customer satisfaction (although we as a group are probably not a typical representation of the Treo user base - we are probably far more the "power users"). The entire point I was making - and you initially responded to - was in relation to whether there was sufficient defense to a class action case.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions