1.    #1  
    It does not. Specifically, I want it to take over my contacts so that my GoodLink contacts are my 'defult' contacts application, but it does not

Why is this? I installed the latest version (4.9.3.21) several times but no luck.

I had this working for a while, but then I had to re-install GoodLink because I got error #70 and since then GoodLink does not take over Contacts links from the Today Menu or when a call is made (no caller ID).

Also, and I'm not sure if this is related, I used to have a digital clock at the top right hand corner of the screen. Since I re-installed GoodLink, I have a very small and hard to read analog clock.

Any infor would be appraciated.
    when you say it doesn't take over your contacts what exactly do you mean?
    If you mean to say that the lookup doesn't work i.e. typing a name in the today screen produces no hits then the only solution I have found is to do a hard reset and provision the device for goodlink BEFORE you do anything else.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsouth View Post
    when you say it doesn't take over your contacts what exactly do you mean?
    Right. I was not very clear on that... In the past, when Goodlink Contacts "took over", I went to Menu >> Contacts, Goodlink Contacts would start. Now, the WM Contacts is starting.

Also, when I get a call, the number is not recognized because I have no contacts in WM Contacts, even if the number is in the Goodlink Contacts.

Also, when I search for a contact, it looks in the WM Contacts, not in the Goodlink contacts. Before, when Goodlink Contacts "took over", all the above would happen in GL Contacts since it was the "defult" contacts application.

... do a hard reset and provision the device for goodlink BEFORE you do anything else.
    How do I "provision the device for goodlink"?
    the way we do it here is using Over The Air setup - open IE and go to get.good.com

Or if you have another way imply re-install GOOD, however this must be the FIRST thing you do after the hard reset.
    agreed

hard reset then install goodlink, do nothing else.

I run it on my 750 with no problems at all

today lookup is fine, txt msg reads from good contacts, even caller id is recognized.
  6.    #6  
    the way we do it here is using Over The Air setup - open IE and go to get.good.com

Or if you have another way imply re-install GOOD, however this must be the FIRST thing you do after the hard reset.
    No luck. I went through the following steps.

1 - uninstalled all good applications
    2 - Deleted OTA files and folders
    3 - Rest (once by using the reset, and once by taking out the batary)
    4 - Launched IE to www.get.good.com
    5 - Ran the install on my device

In both cases (see step 4), Goodlink does not "take over" my contacts application.

What am I missing?
    It does not appear that you have done a HARD reset - this is required.
    Press and hold the Red phone key, while holding it in, do a reset using the reset pin under the SD cover on the side. When asked to "delete all data" say Yes - confirm this is the right process in your manual as I am typing from memory.

Once you have done a hard reset then provision the device for good PRIOR to doing anything else. Now your lookups should be ok.

I wish GOOD would fix this very annoying bug.

Geoff
  8.    #8  
    It does not appear that you have done a HARD reset - this is required.
    Press and hold the Red phone key, while holding it in, do a reset using the reset pin under the SD cover on the side. When asked to "delete all data" say Yes - confirm this is the right process in your manual as I am typing from memory...
    Oh, that HARD reset...

It works now. And i even got my digital clock display back!

Thanks for the help.
    I hard-reset a few times and now have installed the 4.9.3.34_EN version of the client.
    Im able to sync with my calendar and email, but have no caller ID and cannot lookup contacts by typing their name in the Today Screen.
    Any idea where to begin troubleshooting this? Is this a device issue or a GL issue?
    .salvatore
    general nonsense - http://www.palmisanonet.com/
    psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
    It's a Goodlink issue. Search these forums and you will find many similar posts. Goodlink/GMM breaks the otherwise wonderful Treo Today screen implementation. It ruins speed dial, native contacts and caller ID. The smart folks at Good apparently don't care what they break as long as 50% of their own applications works correctly.

Of course "everything" will be fixed with version 5.0, which is coming out...months from now.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    salvastore,

try this.....

Hard Reset
    Provision for Good
    Start Good
    Install any other apps

I have found your issue is caused by 2 things.

1 - Good is NOT the first thing you install on your device after a hard reset
    2 - You try and use the lookup field PRIOR to starting Good.

I had exactly the same issues, now my home screen lookup works, incoming call id works.....
    Thanks gsouth. I *KNOW* I didnt install anything prior to installing Good the last time, and am reasonably sure I didnt use the lookup field before installing.

I'll give a hard reset and reinstall another try and report back.
    .salvatore
    Hi All,

I have related issue on my 750 that I haven't been able to find an answer to yet- my Good contact list seems to be the list used for everything EXCEPT the text messaging application. So when a text message comes in, it doesn't identify who the number belongs too because the number isn't in my pocket outlook contact list.

Everything else works properly... my good contact list is used for email, phone calls, everything. Just not text messaging.

Is there any way to resolve this? It's quite a hassle as it currently exists.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff
    Last edited by squa89; 06/16/2007 at 03:53 PM.
    I registered on this forum for the sole purpose of trying to figure out this problem. I have installed Good 3 times now and it is the first thing I install and that does not fix my Caller ID problem.

When I get a call it says Unknown Caller until I answer it, then it brings their name up. Good text messaging also does not show the name only the number.

I also tried activesync'ing my outlook contacts so the original Contact list built into WM would have the same numbers but this does not fix the caller ID problem.

I have several coworkers with the same problem and we are all desperately looking for a solution.
    I hard-reset and did nothing else before installing Good. This pulled down the latest version and I was able to sync email, calendar, and a few public folders without issue.
    I noticed the Unknown Caller issue immediately and chalked it up to not having things fully synced yet; after several days I still had Unknown Caller when the number's contact info was clearly in Contacts.

The only other update Ive applied to the device (700wx, Sprint) was the A2DP patch. This was in search of a Mac-bluetooth-modem fix, which worked perfectly. I cant prove causality, but all of my contacts' caller ID are now displaying properly.
    .salvatore
    I am facing a similar issue with WM5 on a Samsung I600. The text messaging application does not pick up the contacts from Good, even though my Treo 650 used to do that just fine. I contacted Good and they said they would research the issue and get back to me.... that was 5 days ago. I am willing to purchase a third party application for text messaging if that integrates with Good Link. Any suggestions?