Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Just to clarify, you did try a hard reset and restore?
    Yes.
    I am thinking now that this is the hardware design and somehow the BT Pairing "giltched" allowing it to take priority.

I think this because after I had used the wired headset to answer a call the results were sporatic. Sometimes it would ring in the BT and sometimes not. However, either case the wired headset would take priority.

The BT having priority was the design of the 700p and hopefully they will correct this on the 755 soon.
    It's a bug!

It can be fixed or at least reset. I haven't answered via a wired headset to see if the correction is permanent, but I suspect it would screw up again. Luckily the fixing isn't a big deal.

Go to system prefs then handsfree and then check the "always route call to hadsfree". If its checked like mine was (which is why its a bug and I think it will happen again each time) uncheck it and recheck it.
    OK more testing.

It works better if you uncheck it, and its actually quite intuitive.
    Unchecked it works great with Speaker only line out (2 black rings) The call is routed to the BT. If you plug in a handsfree Headset (3 black rings) the call is routed to the wired headset. This does however set a "precedence" until Audible is out of the cache by loading another app and then back to it (which should happen in normal use anyway) then it goes back to sending it to BT if you have a line out plugged in (2 black rings)

Awesome!!
    Now if you dial a call from the phone it doesn't go to the BT headset until you hit the MFB. That makes sense with the pref unchecked. But clearly having it checked to "always route to BT" isn't working correctly.

I hope they fix this bug soon.
    Last edited by sxtg; 06/02/2007 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Now if you dial a call from the phone it doesn't go to the BT headset until you hit the MFB. That makes sense with the pref unchecked. But clearly having it checked to "always route to BT" isn't working correctly.

I hope they fix this bug soon.

Thanks SXTG, at least now I can get it back when needed.

Of course, now I have to get a new BT headset. My 4th or 5th Jabra BT500 has quit taking a charge. Each one I have had, after 3 to 5 months will stop charging. When plugged in, the charge light will slighly flicker red. Normally, it's solid red and then green when charged.
  6.    #26  
    SXTG,

I will test your fix ASAP! Thank You for taking the time to figure it out!
    Happens to me all the time. The BT doesnt seem to have priority. Lame..! I guess somebody could come out with a hack or something to fix this while Palm fixes this.

Al
    bump

just got a 755p after running over my 650 and had the same experience and frustration.

Any news on this? I'll try unchecking always route but this is certainly a pain.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12