Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    *note for hotsync users - Using filez or resco explorer, delete carrierprofiles2 and networkprofiles2. Reset afterwards
    When exactly are we to delete these two files? After the hotsync? Before?
    To those who installed ROM I posted June 2 to June 3 (+8gmt) from my link, kindly re-install. There are only 11 people who have downloaded from the june 2 to 3 link.

Those who updated prior to June 2 have no problems.

The june 2 to 3 rom version uploaded is the one without world clock. Some overlays were removed that caused some apps to react slower, slight freezing. Previously removing this during the Treo 650 days did not give any problems.

The new version fixes this bug as it reverts it back to what I originally posted prior to June 2. I have also additionally removed voice memo to further increase available db cache to 35mb. I will check on jamesgangut if his roms also do not have these overlays.

I will be posting calculator, world clock and voice memo so these can be installed in ram instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahlokie View Post
    Hi,

I did a minimal custom flash, and it works great except I cannot connect to GPRS now, error no. (0x7143) Error: GPRS connection not available.

Anyone has similar problem or resolution, or maybe I am missing something?

Thanks,
    Edward
    I dunno if it was coincidence or what, but the first time I went online after updating I got this, then when Chatter stopped trying and I went into the Network app to see what was up, it connected no problem and has since.
    I am wondering if the updaters will work with my Malaysian Treo 680. My Phone Info is different from everyone's else here.
    Firmware: MW01.60
    Software: TREO680-1.05-APR
    CC-Cap:000-000-000
    Carrier DB: 355
    Hardware: A

Any advice please?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    When exactly are we to delete these two files? After the hotsync? Before?
    It doesn't matter when you delete them. If the files remain in RAM, they simply override what is in your new ROM. As soon as you delete them (from your device RAM, as well as from your PalmOne\Username\Backup folder) your ROM version will take precedence again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensong View Post
    I am wondering if the updaters will work with my Malaysian Treo 680. My Phone Info is different from everyone's else here.
    Firmware: MW01.60
    Software: TREO680-1.05-APR
    CC-Cap:000-000-000
    Carrier DB: 355
    Hardware: A

Any advice please?
    If you update, you will lose all chinese customization. Is this okay with you?
    The combination I want is not quite what is available, and I really don't quite understand how to go about adding what I want. I would still like to have both PTunes and DTG.
    I'd recommend just using Cust6, which has exactly what you want, but adds VersaMail. This isn't a huge addition, in that you have the benefits of the Custom ROM:

1. Palm's fixes added to ROM, so no longer have to worry about adding the CameraBattery Fix, Security Fix, etc., if you have to hard reset

2. Much quicker Reset times

3. All non-English files removed (frees up more space for dbcache, plus device won't prompt you to pick a language after a Hard Reset).

4. All of the AddIt and MyTreo and similar fluff are gone...again, freeing up more space for dbcache.

And the only price you pay in this instance is you still have VersaMail in ROM, which you apparently don't use.

I personally would like to have a CustROM (Cust7?) which retains VersaMail and DTG, since I have a later version of PTunes to use. I use VersaMail for what little email I do (no need to buy Chatter or something else), and I use DTG but don't love it enough to pay for a later version.

So I installed Cust3 to get DTG in ROM, and manually added VersaMail to RAM using files linked in this thread. Works great.
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    Do ATT/Cingular 680s still need the files in post #5? If so, do we use the package version there or your most recently updated one?

duke
    Yes the PackageVersion I fixed is for unlocked only.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

9.    #129  
    mdavis & brad_h

I am not opposed to creating a cust7 and cust8 for the options you want. I just want to get the ROM settled first. I am working on the 3 or 4 version right now and doing it 7 times takes a while.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

If you update, you will lose all chinese customization. Is this okay with you?
    Is this all I'll lose apart from the other apps removed intentionally? I don't use Chinese so I am fine with it. Is there a way to restore my Treo back once I do the update? My ROM version seems to be different from everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Roms are now updated with bfviewer and fixed PackageVersion
    Thank you James. I just now re-downloaded and installed Cust3 (laid over a previous version of Cust3) and it worked great, start to finish.

After doing a restore from NVBackup (I can't say enough good things about this FREE backup program), I'm up and running fine.

I'm having a single weird (minor) issue, and I DO NOT know if (or how) it's related to this ROM, and I don't know for sure if it was happening before I applied this ROM:
    None of my Favorites launch using their QuickKey while I'm in the Phone app. I use Butler (with KeyLauncher enabled, and I did try disabling it) and all of the QuickKeys work when I'm anywhere other than in the Phone app. Inside the Phone app, my Favorites work if I manually select them on the Favorites screen...it's just their QuickKeys that don't work. Not even the hardcoded "1" QuickKey (to dial Voicemail) works. It just takes me to the Dialing screen with a 1 as the number to dial. Anyone else experiencing this with a CustROM, or should I look elsewhere to fix it?
    Last edited by brad_h; 06/03/2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by brad_h View Post
    I'd recommend just using Cust6, which has exactly what you want, but adds VersaMail. ...

And the only price you pay in this instance is you still have VersaMail in ROM, which you apparently don't use.

I really hate VersaMail...no, I hate the idea that Palm foisted it on me. But I can deal with that if this is the best solution. I could do the equivalent of you, though, and load 3 and add PTunes, I guess. Or...how difficult (at all possible) would it be to delete Versamail from what you suggest? I suspect it can't be easily done or all these variations would not have been posted.
    mdavis & brad_h

I am not opposed to creating a cust7 and cust8 for the options you want. I just want to get the ROM settled first. I am working on the 3 or 4 version right now and doing it 7 times takes a while.
    Hot dog! I just need 3 with PTunes, if possible. I can wait five or ten minutes. Take your time.
    I will check on jamesgangut if his roms also do not have these overlays.
    MFB, Thanks for the headsup.
    Please drop us a note after you have check on Jamesgangut.

best
    Idian
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by idian View Post
    MFB, Thanks for the headsup.
    Please drop us a note after you have check on Jamesgangut.

best
    Idian
    I am adding them back. I hope to have them reposted today.

16.    #136  
    Hot dog! I just need 3 with PTunes, if possible. I can wait five or ten minutes. Take your time.
    I will get it up today sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by brad_h View Post
    I'm having a single weird (minor) issue, and I DO NOT know if (or how) it's related to this ROM, and I don't know for sure if it was happening before I applied this ROM:
    None of my Favorites launch using their QuickKey while I'm in the Phone app.

I just now remembered that I had a problem very similar to this when I first tried to use one of the custom DialPad skins (I'm not using the Skinner app...I had just manually copied a file named PhoneDialPad-PmPd.prc to my RAM, and was still using it when I applied CustRom3, so it got restored from my NVBackup restore). So now I've deleted this file from RAM and did a Soft Reset, but this hasn't resolved the issue. My QuickKeys still don't work in the Phone App. Favorites work fine when clicked with stylus or 5-way, though.
  18.    #138  
    My quickkeys are working porperly. Can you try setting on up right after a hard reset and see if it works ok there? If so it has to be part of your restore data.

My quickkeys are working porperly. Can you try setting on up right after a hard reset and see if it works ok there? If so it has to be part of your restore data.
    I agree that my restore data is the most likely culprit. When you next update the CustROMs and I'm doing a Hard Rest anyway, I'll try this.

The weird thing here is that not even the "1" key (hardcoded to dial Voicemail) is working...I don't know what element of my restore data could affect that.
    BTW, thanks James! For your time, contribution, and risk. I'm sure all the testing and tinkering is a bit dangerous without the tools the 650 had.
Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast