Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 59646566676869
Results 1,361 to 1,377 of 1377
  1. #1361  
    Maybe it is a silly question, but after researching for hours I cannot find a way to unlock my AT&T Treo 680, so I was wondering if I install a custom ROM...would it become unlocked????

    Please enlight me.....Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Brazu; 11/18/2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: bad spelling
    Ricardo Soto C.

  2. #1362  
    Flashing it with a new ROM will not unlock the device. When I had my Treo 680 I simply called AT&T and they unlocked it for me. Since the phone is so old, they should have no issues simply unlocking it for you over the phone. If for some reason they won't do it, you can order up an unlock code from many companies for as little as $12 on-line (ie: Unlock Cell Phone Online | Cell Phone Unlocking | Unlock Cell Pro | imei Unlock Codes | Phone Unlock Code)

    Call AT&T before you do anything and tell them you have an OLD phone that you need to have unlocked.

    Good luck



    Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
  3. #1363  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Flashing it with a new ROM will not unlock the device. When I had my Treo 680 I simply called AT&T and they unlocked it for me. Since the phone is so old, they should have no issues simply unlocking it for you over the phone. If for some reason they won't do it, you can order up an unlock code from many companies for as little as $12 on-line (ie: Unlock Cell Phone Online | Cell Phone Unlocking | Unlock Cell Pro | imei Unlock Codes | Phone Unlock Code)

    Call AT&T before you do anything and tell them you have an OLD phone that you need to have unlocked.

    Good luck
    Thanks! I had hope that there were a way to UNLOCK it for free already, since (as you said) this is an old phone.......and we do not even pay for unlocking an iPhone nowadays.
    Ricardo Soto C.

  4. #1364  
    Yeah... with AT&T they used to only unlock after you had pretty much run your contract through. Since the Treo series is so old, they should have no issues (especially since they unlock iPhone's as you said).



    Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
  5. #1365  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yeah... with AT&T they used to only unlock after you had pretty much run your contract through. Since the Treo series is so old, they should have no issues (especially since they unlock iPhone's as you said).
    I'm in Soth America and found this poor Treo at a flea market....for about $3!!!! So calling AT&T is not an option.... Maybe (after all) I will have to pay for this unlock codes on the internet....
    Thanks HelloNNNewman!
    Ricardo Soto C.

  6. #1366  
    You could always put it on eBay and use the proceeds to buy an actual unlocked one.
  7. #1367  
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
    You could always put it on eBay and use the proceeds to buy an actual unlocked one.
    the pricing's are a bit outdated so to speak
    HP Think Beyond Event - http://youtu.be/VnjwG7Z8AM8
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4
    > Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X
    My Palm OS Archive
  8. #1368  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    the pricing's are a bit outdated so to speak
    I figure it would be a net zero purchase (should be able to sell the locked one for the same price as thew unlocked one). I'd imagine the listing fees and shipping would be less than an unlock code.
  9. #1369  
    Possibly... but for all the time and effort $12 for an unlock code might be worth it.



    Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
  10. #1370  
    1,12 row 680 unlocked .

    Does it support more than 4GB (SD Card) ?
  11. #1371  
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    1,12 row 680 unlocked .

    Does it support more than 4GB (SD Card) ?
    it's been a long time, but I don't think any of them went over 4gigs, did they?



    Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
  12. #1372  
    Well, officially, SDHC support doesn't exist. But 4 GB SDHC cards should work. (People have had success by copying the 680 SD driver to the 700p and getting SDHC support there.)

    8 GB SDHC cards are also workable, BUT PalmOS can be a bit wonky. e.g. seeing only 4 in Card Info... YMMV
    Some people have had success, so I think it should work. Worth a shot. (If you are buying a 8 GB card, get a microSD with an adapter. Makes for more flexibility down the road.)

    (just wondering, has anyone ever seen a NON-SDHC 4 GB card? I heard they exist)
    HP Think Beyond Event - http://youtu.be/VnjwG7Z8AM8
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4
    > Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X
    My Palm OS Archive
  13. #1373  
    Really hoping that the 1.12 unbranded and 2.11 ATT custom roms are still available out there.

    I've looked as far as I can search... anyone still have them?

    I have 2 Treo 680s. An ATT running 2.11 and a Cingular running 1.12 ROW

    All I want is mail, blazer, calendar, and documents-2-go
  14. d0m0's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #1374  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLarry View Post
    Really hoping that the 1.12 unbranded and 2.11 ATT custom roms are still available out there.

    I've looked as far as I can search... anyone still have them?

    I have 2 Treo 680s. An ATT running 2.11 and a Cingular running 1.12 ROW

    All I want is mail, blazer, calendar, and documents-2-go

    I haven't been able to find any custom ROM, I guess the phone is obsolete and too much outdated ;(
  15. #1375  
    Quote Originally Posted by d0m0 View Post
    I haven't been able to find any custom ROM, I guess the phone is obsolete and too much outdated ;(
    i have a windows mobile 700w, and all the custom ROM links have long since gone dead, so i guess it's no surprise the 680's in the same boat
    HP Think Beyond Event - http://youtu.be/VnjwG7Z8AM8
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4
    > Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X
    My Palm OS Archive
  16. #1376  
    can some please help provide the link to 2.13 ROW ROM for treo 680
    Thanks in advance
  17. #1377  
    I'm still using a Treo 680 at that time and plan to go on for a while.

    I was disapointed as others by the fact that the SMS receipt disapeared with new updates as 1.12 ROW for an example.

    My Treo is a Palm unlocked GSM 680. I'm french.

    I surfed the web anf forums to get the solutions without success and it is a bit boring for me, due to my poor english speaking.

    Could someone (if there are stil people reading this thread) tell me which is the good firmware version for the Treo 680 into which the SMS receipts works ??

    And if there is a way to flash my phones (I have many) with this version ?

    Thanks by advance.

    Note that concerning SD cards I never had any kinf of problem using 16 Gb cards, they are recognized by CardExport with no problem and also by Documents To Go and Ptunes and even by the Palm "Files" application ..

Posting Permissions