Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1377
    Is this thread dead?
    No one has responded to the past three posts...
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    Yes, you can go from branded AT&T to a custom ROM and back again.
    No problems.
    tomtastic,

I, like some of the poster on this thread, am confused as to how I can flash a ROW ROM onto my AT&T Treo 680.
    My phone has been unlocked using a 3rd party unlock code.
    I've also managed to flash jamesgangut's Custom AT&T 680 ROM without any issues.
    However, I want to try a non-AT&T ROM (Treo680_2_12_ECC_SDupdater) but everytime I run the ROM update utility, I get the incompatibility error.
    What should I do to be able to flash the ROM I want?
    You seem to suggest that it's very straightforward & easy so I must be missing something.
    One thing I have not tried is to use the same method jamesgangut instructed (to flash his ROM onto my 680) to flash the ROW ROM onto my 680. I managed to identify the files in the PALM folder of the update utility & separated them into the respective "firmware", "rom" & "palm" folders.
    But, can I use this method to flash the ROM?
    Please advise me.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by konker; 03/14/2009 at 04:28 AM. Reason: ROM Name
    I figured out how to do it already.
    By following the instructions for 2.11 custom ROM, I managed to successfully flash the 2.12 ECC ROM onto my Treo 680.
    The software tokens are not updated but it does not bother me.
    Now to test if this ROM works well with the 1.91 Radio firmware.
    If not, am wondering if it's safe to move to 1.92 from the 1.12 ROM or roll back to 1.82 that's provided in the 2.12 ECC ROM.
    Is it just me or is the 2.11 download link dead? Could someone fix it or post an alternative download location? I desperately need to get my two 680s to stop freezing up when I answer phone calls. I'm assuming it's the dbcache.
    Are people still after this?
    I am, no one has responded (to my inquiry) or updated the links. I guess I may have to use the 1.12 ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by sirhannick View Post
    Is it just me or is the 2.11 download link dead? Could someone fix it or post an alternative download location? I desperately need to get my two 680s to stop freezing up when I answer phone calls. I'm assuming it's the dbcache.
    Are you sure the freezing is caused by ROM/dbcache level ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sirhannick View Post
    I am, no one has responded (to my inquiry) or updated the links. I guess I may have to use the 1.12 ROM
    Version 2.13 RestOfWorld - unbranded, etc.
    Only valid for downloading in the next 30days :
    Treo ROM - ROW 2.13
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    Version 2.13 RestOfWorld - unbranded, etc.
    Only valid for downloading in the next 30days :
    Treo ROM - ROW 2.13
    So how does this differ from the previous ROM you produced? Can you tell us the changes? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.who View Post
    So how does this differ from the previous ROM you produced? Can you tell us the changes? Thanks
    Sorry to be difficult, but I'm not going to list any changes, it's documented in so many places how to update or create your own ROM, and although I've provided some read-made ROMs in the past I no longer have the time (nor the inclination if I'm being honest), so you can take this one or leave it and create your own ROM, which after all was really the point in me documenting the process anyway.
    Best of luck
    i'll try this update. thanks a lot.
    Keep it coming. cheers!
    www.now-movie.co.nr
    Together we stand, divided we fall.
    No Audio for active call. Microphone isn't working.
    www.now-movie.co.nr
    Together we stand, divided we fall.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    tomtastic, thanks for the stripped 2.12 ROW! Even though removing Web would have perfect, its not a problem as I move over from my 4 year old 650 to a hand-me-down 680. There is a slight but noticeable speed increase from the bog standard 2.12 ROM even though the 680 seems a little slower overall to the 650. However, the 650 is on its last legs so i'm not sure how much longer it will keep going! Thanks again.
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650
    Hm, I have no delivery flag for sms.
    And in the sms options is for this no possibility???
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    success! c",)
    thanks
    Ill give it a try
    All treo 680 custom rom links in post #1 work EXCEPT the 2.11 ATT stripped unbranded rom by tomtastic Can someone upload that link please ? I already have version 2.11 ATT when I bought that Treo 680 on ebay a year ago. Version 2.11 is stable for me but I need max free dbcache for running Tomtom Navigator 6. I can't run that app on a regular basis without resetting or flushing dbcache, which is annoying lol.
    applied unbranded rom v. 1.12 custom1. cool!!
    Never mind my request, I learned to make a treo 680 custom rom with tomtastic website lol. So far, so good. -_-