Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1377
    Quote Originally Posted by PALMMAN18 View Post
    thank you SO MUCH
    thanks tomtastic, worked fine!!

another question for all forumers:

does this rom att unbranded & unlocked performs as well as the offiial one the battery use/drain?

i mean i want to keep this custom rom with the same durtion than the official one.
    Quote Originally Posted by supes View Post

Finally I made my own custom 2.12 ROM. Basically same as tomtastic one, but with MMSLib*.* included so no need to put them in RAM, cleanup few MultiMail/VersaMail leftovers PRCs & "DefConnectionDB_jpJP.pdb" (why is there a Japanese locale in the ROM anyway?)

If you don't know what *.tar.bz2 file, you should not be playing around with your Treo ROM in the first place. Romtool 1.0 & *.rexx scripts to roll your own custom ROM are in "tools/" directory.

Tested with my own Treo 680, Bluetooth works fine with my Garmin GPS10x, Beaming/infrared works fine too.

Instruction is in the archive & as usual: at your own risk guys
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Hi supes,

First of all, millions thnx in providing us the awaiting Treo 680 custom ROM v2.12.

I hv a request here and wish u could help me. I wish to hv the Treo 680 custom ROM v2.12 with the following apps to be removed:-
    1) Calc
    2) Calendar
    3) Card Info
    4) Contacts
    5) Memos
    6) Pics & Videos
    7) SIM Book
    8) SIM Srvcs
    9) Tasks
    10) Voice Memos
    11) Web
    12) World Clock

Thnx in adv, pal.
    Palm m105 --> Palm Tugsten T --> Palm Tugsten T3 --> Palm treo 680
    Can you tell me the number of post with the custom ROM for the AT&T branded because the post in the first page dont works for me! the issue with the loosing signal continues!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdesai View Post
    I have a unlocked GSM AT&T Treo 680 updated to 2.11ATT. I can see on page 1 that I have these three options:

1. Full ROM
    2. Custom Unbranded with apps: DTG, Ptunes, VersMail included.
    3. Stripped Unbranded version By tomtastic

I am sorry, but this very long thread confuses me. I am not able to make out what exactly is stripped off in "full ROM". Is there any page describing the contents fully?

-jmd
    Im in the same situation, I try and search in all threads and just the first (full rom) works for OUR AT&T branded, but not solve anything!! the signal frezzes continues and all the others roms gonna say you "INCOMPATIBLE" no matter if you found it in the AT&T section, any other dont works!!
    TIP: after that customization I go back to the official 2.11 update and it work better with the signal: continues with the signal frezze but now it recover in short-medium time: this gonna kill your's battery life but now you can receive calls

PLEASE HELP US!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drashran View Post
    See Page 1
    THe page 1 ONLY HAVE 1 CUSTOM IN THE ATT SECTION!!! AND IT CONTINUES UNSOLVING THE FREEZE-SIGNAL ISSUE!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdesai View Post
    I am happy that I installed this Custom ROM on my 680 2.11ATT:

Stripped Unbranded version By tomtastic

My treo runs much faster now! Almost all applications that I could run in a few minutes!

Many Thanks to Tomtastic and Jamesjgangut and all others involved in posting these ROMs.
    How do you do that??? I try, but say about the incompatibility because that "stripped UNBRANDED"!!! UNBRANDED = ROW NOT ATT
    I would like to create my own custom ROM for my unlocked, unbranded 680 (FW: R01.92, SW: 1.12-ROW, Carrier DB: 549), following these instructions by Tomtastic. I have a few questions:

1) Can I use the official Palm 1.12 ROW Update, instead of the AT&T Update, as the "source" as it's outlined in Tomtastic's instructions (as well as applying this code "fix")? If so, are there any special instructions/caveats with using the official 1.12 Updater as opposed to the AT&T Update? Will the MD5 checksums be correctly calculated?

2) If I end up not liking the custom ROM for whatever reason, can I go back to the official 1.12 ROW ROM by simply running the Palm 1.12 ROW Update again?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerRJ View Post
    Fortunately, it seems that using the "frequency code tip" virtually solves this problem, so my suggestion is to create a favorite in the PHONE application with the right frequency code for you, and use it every time you suspect carrier locking may be flaky. In theory, using this code ONCE solves the problem, unless you HARD RESET the phone (then use it again).

Anyway, if your phone is out of coverage and you suspect it may be due to this bug, use the favorite.
    Hi Striker,
    I had the same problem with the newest update 2.12 ROW.

Could you pls advise what is the "frequency code tip", and how do you favorite it?
    [i.e.: What is the "freq code"? Do we set this "freq code" as a Speed Dial in the Phone's Favorite's Type?]

Thanks a lot! I have been spending days searching the internet for this problem and your post is the closest one as an answer to my problem...
    (6 Jan'09)

After trying to delete the possible cause one-by-one:
    1) Back to 1.09 ROM,
    2) Install Custom ROM & hard-reset,
    3) Searching the web for the past 2 weeks,

I finally found the cause of my problems:
    a) I had a scratched SIM card--> MAIN CULPRIT
    b) I enabled PIN lock

The scratched SIM Card was causing bad reception & this automatically set my Treo to disable the Phone.
    The PIN lock caused the Treo to wait for PIN input when it tried to connect again after went out of coverage.

Hopefully this info help other people who had the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by arc95 View Post
    THe page 1 ONLY HAVE 1 CUSTOM IN THE ATT SECTION!!! AND IT CONTINUES UNSOLVING THE FREEZE-SIGNAL ISSUE!
    Custom is a stripped ROM from Palm Inc.,'s ROM update

Installing Custom ROM gives more dbCache, so all the apps load faster

Stripping of old versions of Versa mail, DTG, Ptunes, Addit and other language files gives more room in ROM

So U can install the newer version of the apps that are stripped out, as U like

Unless Palm Inc., does something in the original ROM and in the hardware regarding: Freeze - signal
    .......Depending on cutom ROM is not an intelligent way to deal such problem

First, U should understand the purpose of the custom ROM

Using CAPs is like shouting at someone, on the net
    I have an unlocked, unbranded GSM 680 (FW: R01.92, SW: 1.12-ROW, Carrier DB: 549)

If I apply one of the custom ROMs but end up not liking it for whatever reason, can I go back to the official Palm 1.12 ROW ROM by simply running the Palm 1.12 ROW Update again?
    Quote Originally Posted by drashran View Post
    Custom is a stripped ROM from Palm Inc.,'s ROM update

Installing Custom ROM gives more dbCache, so all the apps load faster

Stripping of old versions of Versa mail, DTG, Ptunes, Addit and other language files gives more room in ROM

So U can install the newer version of the apps that are stripped out, as U like

Unless Palm Inc., does something in the original ROM and in the hardware regarding: Freeze - signal
    .......Depending on cutom ROM is not an intelligent way to deal such problem

First, U should understand the purpose of the custom ROM

Using CAPs is like shouting at someone, on the net
    Ok sorry, now i understand but i lose hope with palm>telcel>resellers in my "country" -town-, etc. and i think: "maybe a custom rom" have a functional network application <better than the official> any other idea to solve my problem? thanks in advance
    Thanks for the great material on this wonderful thread

I followed the instructions in this thread, and de-branded my treo 680. My question now is: Next time Palm comes up with new updates, should I use the unlocked (unbranded) software, or still use the AT&T version of the software?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.
    Very doubtful that there ever will be another update for the 680. Even if there is, very doubtful again folks would put in the effort to produce a de-branded ROM.

But, if lightning were to strike (twice), you could probably use either one. Just wait for the instructions that come with this hypothetical new de-branded ROM.

My advice is to enjoy your 680 as it is today, which is the way it probably always will be.

Good luck.
    To PatrickS or other Canadian Treo680 rom flashers,

I was wondering what ROM version you are using on your Treo680?

I am from GVR as well, and I've upgraded my rom to 1.12 ROW / MW1.5 FW and I get very flaky cellular reception from Rogers. I would get good reception for the first minute -- and afterwards it would drop to 0. My understanding is that the FW is related to reception.

I am sad because I've had the Treo 680 for almost half a year now and I've never gotten to use it as a phone at all. I bought it from craigslist and upgraded the firmware immediately -- and it turns out I've done irreversible damage to the phone.

Perhaps you could tell me which ROM version you are currently using, and I'll try to force my treo in flashing it.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by truffles View Post
    To PatrickS or other Canadian Treo680 rom flashers,

I was wondering what ROM version you are using on your Treo680?

I am from GVR as well, and I've upgraded my rom to 1.12 ROW / MW1.5 FW and I get very flaky cellular reception from Rogers. I would get good reception for the first minute -- and afterwards it would drop to 0. My understanding is that the FW is related to reception.

I am sad because I've had the Treo 680 for almost half a year now and I've never gotten to use it as a phone at all. I bought it from craigslist and upgraded the firmware immediately -- and it turns out I've done irreversible damage to the phone.

Perhaps you could tell me which ROM version you are currently using, and I'll try to force my treo in flashing it.

Thanks!
    Sorry to hear about your Treo troubles.

It was a long time ago that I did the update, so I'm trying to remember... Here's what I think happened....

I updated to the official 1.12 ROM for my unlocked / unbranded device, then I used the Custom 3 ROM in the first post of this thread.

Updating to the official ROM takes some time -- minutes IIRC. On the other hand, it was surprisingly quick -- just seconds -- to update to the custom ROM after that.

Very nice ROM. Stable. No junk like Addit or Tutorial. Recommended.
    Standard disclaimers apply: you update your ROM at your own risk.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi Folks!

So I got this Treo 680. The firmware is R01.34 and the software is Treo Treo 680-1.09-ATT but it is an unlocked version being used on the Rogers network in Canada right now. I would have liked to be able to update to the latest firmware and software but nothing I have tried seem to work for me. I had a 650 before that has been very easy to work with but this one is giving me headaches. I was able to download and install the DST update but when I try for the Rom updater nothing seems to work for me and i badly needs some experienced help from here please. I have downloaded every version could find from Palm. I double click on the installer and it decompress the file and then nothing on my screen. Nothing comes up and that it with both,the ATT rom and the ROW(unlocked version). I would really appreciate some input. Thanks!
    Hi there everyone.

I tried to do my own custom rom, but when i do generate the .md5 file with Romtool, it seems i can't use it properly.

Has anyone as a procedure somewhere about the md5 file please ?

Phil
    Hi. I need your help. My boss want me to change the splash screen or the on/off radio screen on a Palm Treo 680 but I donīt have any clue about how to do it. Can you give me a clue, a tutorial, a link or directions how to do this, create a custom rom for the Treo 680? Please advice...
    I currently have a Treo 680 that's unlocked but was running the AT&T 2.11 ROM. I managed to follow jamesgangut's instructions on the first post on flashing to the custom 2.11 ROM that he cooked.
    Now, I want to try a global unlocked ROM that I found on the internet that supports the Simplified Chinese font & input out of the box.
    However, I could never get the ROM to flash.
    It keeps complaining of ROM incompatibility.

How can I flash a ROW ROM onto my ATT ROM?
    Can someone please advise me as I'm a noob at this.

Thanks!

Konker