Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 155560616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1377
    Is there a way to go from AT&T 2.11 to the Unlocked 1.12?

My old Treo with the broken screen is AT&T branded. I put the latest 2.11 firmware on it. My replacement phone is generic/unlocked and is running 1.12.

I am thinking about reselling the replacement phone once I fix my old one. I would like to stay with 1.12. So is there any way to upgrade an AT&T branded phone to 1.12 firmware from 2.11? The AT&T phone has the subsidiary lock removed.

thanks,
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I have a unlocked GSM AT&T Treo 680 updated to 2.11ATT. I can see on page 1 that I have these three options:

1. Full ROM
    2. Custom Unbranded with apps: DTG, Ptunes, VersMail included.
    3. Stripped Unbranded version By tomtastic

I am sorry, but this very long thread confuses me. I am not able to make out what exactly is stripped off in "full ROM". Is there any page describing the contents fully?

-jmd
    I am happy that I installed this Custom ROM on my 680 2.11ATT:

Stripped Unbranded version By tomtastic

My treo runs much faster now! Almost all applications that I could run in a few minutes!

Many Thanks to Tomtastic and Jamesjgangut and all others involved in posting these ROMs.
    I used Resco Explorer to delete (everything it would let me) in RAM. Then I attempted to copy the ROM (from my phone) to RAM.

7- Run 3rd party app to copy the contents of the ROM folder to RAM. (See app instructions for help). Exit app.

My Treo 680 then rebooted and is in a continous loop. I attempt to hardreset (UP on Nav pad, and hold Red button), but it does not affect it.

I have put 1.04 ROW on SD card hoping to reset it to factory, but it does not see it.

It gets to PALM (orange logo) w/ the bar finishing then resetting.

A way I can boot directly from SD or Write directly to RAM, or erase RAM?

-------
    After further reading, being that the ROM is obviously fine, is there a way to make the NVRAM erase? Or the battery in the NVRAM drain enough it forgets and just looks to the ROM for booting?
    Last edited by senoje; 08/17/2008 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by senoje View Post
    My Treo 680 then rebooted and is in a continous loop. I attempt to hardreset (UP on Nav pad, and hold Red button), but it does not affect it.
    To do a Hard Reset you should only press the Red Button. The Up button is done for a Warm Reset, and may be stopping you get a true Hard Reset.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    To do a Hard Reset you should only press the Red Button. The Up button is done for a Warm Reset, and may be stopping you get a true Hard Reset.
    Chast, thank you so much! This worked! I can now continue flashing the 1.12 custom rom Hoo-rah, I got the custom rom working, doing a restore now. I appreciate your help greatly!
    Last edited by senoje; 08/18/2008 at 09:56 PM.
    Hi!
    First of all, I want to apologize if this post is going to make somebody angry, but I have many questions.
    So, let's start!
    I have bought an AT&T branded, but unlocked Treo 680 from eBay and while I am waiting for it to arrive, I am looking what updates should I do when I finally get it.
    I have seen that there are many ROMs on the first page, but I am a little bit confused - which ones are for the AT&T branded Treo? I have read many pages of this thread, but it is really huge and just confused me even more...
    Is there any way to get the ROM from an unbranded Treo onto this one? I would just like to update my Treo to the latest unlocked version, because I don't need any of the AT&T software (I live in Croatia, so push to talk is useless here and I have heard that the side button cannot be remapped once the Treo is updated).
    I would appreciate any help you can provide, because I don't want to brick my Treo several hours after I receive it.
    Thanks in advance.

PS How can I edit the ROM image and decide which apps stay and which not? Thanks!
    I have a branded ATT 680 Locked. I put on the unbranded ROM. There area a bunch of ROMS to choose from. It also took me some time to understand that and then decide. Some people like some apps, some people don't. When I did mine, I used the unbranded ROM 2.12 and it worked great. Very easy to do. Your best instructions are on the first couple of pages.
    I chose the ROM I did, because I still use Documents to Go, ptunes, and versamail. I chose the version that had the versamail update so I could utilize the direct push technology from my company exchange server. It gives you the update that ATT gives you for versamail and the camera fix, without the wasted space of the other apps you may not use like good, pushtotalk, etc.. If you decide against these, then you save yourself some more space. With a large expansion card and a third party launcher like zlauncher, space on the phone itself is not too big of a deal.
    Doing this flash did speed things up for me a bit, and seemed to make it a little more stable. Some of my previous annoyances and problems went away. It may become a routine reinstall to keep things clean, like I do on my computer.
    Here's hoping for an ALP or Android ROM sometime in the future. (it might be a long shot).
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Thanks for the Custom Rom Supes.

I felt the lag noticable compare to the Tomtastic one (when typing messages etc).
    I hard reset before installing your custom and I even Installed the exact applications one by one....

What did I do wrong?

I notice the big difference is you include the mms*, is this causing the lag?
    What are other files you add/delete?

Thank you in advance!

GAP.

Quote Originally Posted by supes View Post
    http://www.box.net/shared/6pi1rvtc8k

Finally I made my own custom 2.12 ROM. Basically same as tomtastic one, but with MMSLib*.* included so no need to put them in RAM, cleanup few MultiMail/VersaMail leftovers PRCs & "DefConnectionDB_jpJP.pdb" (why is there a Japanese locale in the ROM anyway?)

If you don't know what *.tar.bz2 file, you should not be playing around with your Treo ROM in the first place. Romtool 1.0 & *.rexx scripts to roll your own custom ROM are in "tools/" directory.

Tested with my own Treo 680, Bluetooth works fine with my Garmin GPS10x, Beaming/infrared works fine too.

Instruction is in the archive & as usual: at your own risk guys
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    The details of how to make your own custom ROM aren't a secret, if any of you need a specific ROM it's not actually that hard at all to do so yourself.
    (Not that we don't love helping out here of course )

1. Unpack to a directory with RomTool
    2. Add / delete files as you wish
    3. Pack the directory into a single zip (i.e. low-palmos.zip) with RomTool
    4. Use the REXX tool posted in various places to split your large .zip into the .pdb sections (HackSplit as it is known) used by the ROM updater code.
    5. (The only mildly difficult part), copy the MD5 checksum from low-palmos.zip.md5 created by RomTool in place of the checksum in the original ROM's .md5 file.

Perhaps we need an easy tool to do the HackSplit and MD5 parts as I imagine they're the bits that put people off. Sadly I'm not a Windows user / programmer so I can't help you unless you want a nice UNIX shell script
    attempt to perform a ROW. My question is:

1) Since my Treo 680 with my bluetooth connections are very slow. But with my Treo 650 is very fast.

2) Al CUSTOM ROW 1.04 (gangut) desire to replace the libraries of Bluetooth's 680 by the libraries of the treo 650. I can make this substitution?

Help me please!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gapleki View Post
    Thanks for the Custom Rom Supes.

I felt the lag noticable compare to the Tomtastic one (when typing messages etc).
    I hard reset before installing your custom and I even Installed the exact applications one by one....

What did I do wrong?

I notice the big difference is you include the mms*, is this causing the lag?
    What are other files you add/delete?

Thank you in advance!

GAP.
    In 680-2.12-supes-cROM1.tar.bz2 there are 3 files:

offiicial-2.12.list = list of files in official 2.12 ROM
    exluded-2.12.list = list of files deleted from official
    included-2.12.list = list of files in my custom rom

You can compare them with 680-supes-ROM-2.12.zip
    or tomtastic list of included files & do trial and error.

Word of advice, if you don't need MMS just settle with
    tomtastic custom ROM, rather than taking a risk of
    reflashing your 680 several times.
    Palm IIIx --> TRGpro ----> TungstenE -----> Zire72 -> Treo680
    hello fellow 680 owners,

thanks for to all the developers and supporters behind this on-going project.. for all your hard work and making this a reality for those who can't cook roms themselves. it makes me a very proud 680 owner to be with such a dedicated crowd.

i am having terrible reception -- dropped calls / lost in reception -- with my AT&T unlocked treo 680. I'm currently running 1.12ROW version & FW R01.91. I am in Vancouver on the Rogers GSM network. I've heard that firmware and rom version is influences cellular reception. If this is true, can anyone recommend me one that is good enough to sustain cellular radio ? I've been using the 680 as a non-connected device for a few months - albeit an great device - I'd like to make a call from time to time. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

cheers
    HI ALL

if i install tomstasticīs custom rom, and iīm not happy with the results can i go back to the official rom 2.11att?

this tomtastic custom rom has other languajes or just english?

thanks
    Tomtastic rom has only English as far as I know.
    You can normally go back to the official ROM, I think (never tried it myself).
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    Tomtastic rom has only English as far as I know.
    You can normally go back to the official ROM, I think (never tried it myself).
    really...?? somebody give some advice, can i switch back to oficial rom??

another issue, zlauncher has a delay (after getting out any app and going back to zlauncher) with this newer att rom, the same happens with megalauncher.... this latest rom has serious issues/problems with launchers
    Already tried simply applying the updater to get the official ROM back ?
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    Already tried simply applying the updater to get the official ROM back ?
    not really, only wanna know if i screw it or donīt like the custom rom and then switch back to the official rom.
    Yes, you can go from branded AT&T to a custom ROM and back again.
    No problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    Yes, you can go from branded AT&T to a custom ROM and back again.
    No problems.

thank you SO MUCH
    could anyone please redirect me to the post with the original Docs to Go posted for downloading?

Thanks!