Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14545960616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1377
  1.    #1261  
    Quote Originally Posted by SergioA View Post
    Hi guys!

My beloved and "deeply - ROM customized" Treo 680 (thanks to tomtastic & holvoetn) went to my brother (after reinstalling the last official and untouched ROM!!!) and now I'm a quite happy owner of a black unlocked Centro GSM.

I'm very satisfied with size and battery performance, but the DbCache (in the "standard" configuration) is very very poor, so each time you launch an heavy application you get long lags (I assume some cache cleaning is performed by the system) and sometimes soft resets may happen (which never happened with the "customized" 680...)

I suppose we have to wait for an official Palm update of the ROM before trying to make some customizations, am I right?

Ciao from Italy

Sergio
    As soon as there is an SD updater released we can try.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    As soon as there is an SD updater released we can try.
    Hi jamesgangut!

I'll be glad to "beta-test" any of your customizations as soon as they'll be available :-)

Ciao from Italy!

Sergio
  3.    #1263  
    Sounds good.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

sorry to sound dumb but i want to do the 2.12 update but unlike the 2.11 which had all the folders clearly labeled 2.12 does not. This leaves me in the dark on how to do the 2.12 update any help would be appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by noel55 View Post
    sorry to sound dumb but i want to do the 2.12 update but unlike the 2.11 which had all the folders clearly labeled 2.12 does not. This leaves me in the dark on how to do the 2.12 update any help would be appreciated
    All you have to do is unzip Toms zip (Using Folder Names) and copy the whole bunch (minus Toms readme) to a newly formatted SD Card maintaining all the folders intact. Then when u insert the SD Card the update will begin!

Ps. Make sure you backup and follow the rest of the rules on Pg 1!!
    Pps. If you want MMS to work you also have to install the files located a few pages back.. Good luck!
    Could someone direct me to the post that contains the most recent custom ROM for my ATT Branded (and locked) Treo 680. I want to rid the bloatware (PTT, AddIt, old PTunes, MyTreo, QuickTour, Get *, XpressMail, IM, VoiceMemo) and stay with VersaMail (I receive push MSExchange files) & DTG. I can install the latest pTunes that I purchased.

Also, which installation instructions should I use?

Treo 680
    Firmware: RO1.91
    Software: Treo680-2.11-ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoEntertainer View Post
    Could someone direct me to the post that contains the most recent custom ROM for my ATT Branded (and locked) Treo 680. I want to rid the bloatware (PTT, AddIt, old PTunes, MyTreo, QuickTour, Get *, XpressMail, IM, VoiceMemo) and stay with VersaMail (I receive push MSExchange files) & DTG. I can install the latest pTunes that I purchased.

Also, which installation instructions should I use?

Treo 680
    Firmware: RO1.91
    Software: Treo680-2.11-ATT
    See Page 1
    http://www.box.net/shared/kgs6bcym8c

Treo 680 ROM 2.12 compiled from Tomtastic (page 59) 2.12 custom ROM
    with JamesGangut ROM-only-update style. Thank you guys.

Additional tools (filez, hackmaster), MMS PRCs are from original ROM by Drashran (page 61).
    These PRCs ARE NOT in the custom ROM, only included to make life easier, as I did NOT modify ANY of the ROM itself, only the directory layout for flashing,, so this custom ROM is EXACTLY the same ROM as Tomtastic one.

Tested with my own Treo 680 AFTER patched with Official 2.12 ROM.
    http://www.palm.com/id/support/treo6...ads/680mr.html

Detail instructions are in the file.
    Last edited by supes; 07/04/2008 at 10:44 PM.
    MMS button ok? SMS delivery flag ok?
    I think, would better if you have also 'original' version (custom ROM without other 3rd parties ie: FileZ, etc).
    How many dbcache free? thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by chokindo View Post
    MMS button ok? SMS delivery flag ok?
    I think, would better if you have also 'original' version (custom ROM without other 3rd parties ie: FileZ, etc).
    How many dbcache free? thanks.
    MMS button OK if you install the included MMSLib*.prc
    SMS & Delivery flags are ok too.

I did not put the 3rd party PRCs inside the ROM

free-dbcache should exactly be the same as tomtastic one, since this is his custom ROM.
    Palm IIIx --> TRGpro ----> TungstenE -----> Zire72 -> Treo680
    http://www.box.net/shared/6pi1rvtc8k

Finally I made my own custom 2.12 ROM. Basically same as tomtastic one, but with MMSLib*.* included so no need to put them in RAM, cleanup few MultiMail/VersaMail leftovers PRCs & "DefConnectionDB_jpJP.pdb" (why is there a Japanese locale in the ROM anyway?)

If you don't know what *.tar.bz2 file, you should not be playing around with your Treo ROM in the first place. Romtool 1.0 & *.rexx scripts to roll your own custom ROM are in "tools/" directory.

Tested with my own Treo 680, Bluetooth works fine with my Garmin GPS10x, Beaming/infrared works fine too.

Instruction is in the archive & as usual: at your own risk guys
    Palm IIIx --> TRGpro ----> TungstenE -----> Zire72 -> Treo680
    What a ROM from supes - wonderful! Thank you VERRRY MUCH, dear supes!
    Let's Treo!
    Have tested supes' custom. Install flawlessly. Very good and thanks!
    i had to install an old ROM because of reception problem with the lasto one.

Everything went smoothly. I went from regular 1.12 to 1.09 custom ROM without DTG, PT, Versamail.
    However after hotsinc, deleting "MyTreo", adding DTG and PT, i don't see more available RAM.

It is not big deal since gaining RAM wasn't my reason to change ROM, however makes me think i did something wrong.
    Hello.

I am a believer and user of the custom ROMs on this site for over a year. Upon service exchanging a 680 with latest offical rom 2.11, I get good syncs except for one backup file the fails because it is "open";

<<<<Failed to backup 1 file(s)

PmTraceDatabase

Protocol Error: Handheld file could not be opened. (4004)

SYNCERR_FILE_NOT_OPEN>>>>

This happens with the original/offical 2.11 ATT update, AND the jamesgangut ROM 211-ATT-cust.ROM with DTG, Vmail, Ptunes.

HOW can I get rid of this HotSync error, or is it significant?

LASTLY, I need reaffirmation that this custom ROM is worthwhile! I've been using these custom ROMs for 1 year now with incredible stability and respectible performance. Is it because of the extra dbCache available from the deleted apps?

Thanks, to anyone for their comments.
    I have installed firmware 1.12 because it gives me excellent battery life (much longer than 2.12). However, GPRS and MMS would not work even though all settings were correct. Then I went back to 2.12(where GPRS and MMS work), copied CarrierProfiles2 and NetworkProfiles2, reinstalled 1.12 and placed these files in the RAM. Now everything works perfectly, even though I`m using 1.12.
    However, will this trick work as if I were running 2.12 instead of 1.12? does these two files contain network provider settings for europe?
    Will they change if I e.g. go to another country?
    Hi,

I'm wondering if there's any way to install these custom ROMs without having to use an SD card. Basically, I'm updating my firmware because my Treo keeps forgetting that the (8GB) SD card is there, meaning if I'm reading any file from it at the time, the file ends up corrupted.

I've tried installing one of these updates by the recommended SD card method, but it drops out partway through. Is there any other way to get this firmware update onto the phone?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by singleword View Post
    I've tried installing one of these updates by the recommended SD card method, but it drops out partway through. Is there any other way to get this firmware update onto the phone?
    Try doing a hard reset before you begin the SD card update.
    An SD update actually copies all its files to RAM before beginning the update, so if there isn't enough space in RAM it will abort half way, so a hard reset before you begin will clear the RAM and you should have better luck.
    I got a replacement unbranded/unlocked GSM Treo yesterday. Initially I customized it with the same ROM as my old phone 1.09-ROW with VM included. Everything went fine when I restored my apps and data.

I thought it might be better to get 1.12 unlocked/unbranded. I ran the Official Palm updater first followed by custom2. However, when I tried to restore my apps and data I got an error about a Bluetooth file already being open which I skipped. Then my Treo soft reset when trying to restore the Saved Prefs file. After that it went into a loop and had to be hard reset.

I am back to my original 1.09-ROW. I am thinking that the Prefs files are different enough between 1.09 and 1.12 to cause a problem. I guess the solution would be to manually reinstall all my apps. I dread doing this because it takes so long to get Zlauncher and Datebk6 reconfigured to how I like them. Their settings must be in the Prefs files.

How much would I gain in going from 1.09 to 1.12? I am hoping the higher CarrierDB # would help with my signal strength. I am currently at 292. Can I just update the CarrierDB file?

thanks,
    Scott
    Last edited by swieder; 07/31/2008 at 03:49 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I figured out how to reinstall some of my more customized apps and decided to upgrade my unlocked GSM phone. Now I am running

FW: 1.92
    SW: 1.12-ROW
    Carrrier DB: 549

Don't see any noticeable improvement in reception which is a disappointment.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)