Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12525758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1377
    Quote Originally Posted by enotar View Post
    No probs here with "out of coverage" with 2.12 & before 1.12 so it has to be a conflict with some apps instaled
    While I'd love to agree with you and blame some 3rd party app, I have a pair of 680's here and the freeze occurs even on a freshly upgraded / hard reset unit with nothing at all installed over and above what the factory provides.

It _is_ a problem on some units or on some networks (just as TGP _is_ a problem under the right/wrong circumstances). It would be lovely to have some indication from palm that they acknowledge there is an issue, but I'm resigned to the fact that will never happen.

Other than that, 1.12 is working quite well for me and I've very little to complain about. Certainly more reliable than my counterparts WM based unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by yman View Post
    hi guys. i've update my rom to the 2.12 custom rom with the mms files and it worked flawlessly. Thanks for the rom. Weird thing is my 680 couldn't recognise a 4gig sd card. When i insert it in it says unrecognised format and when i tried formating it say handheld cannot recognise this card. The card is a Kingston 4GB 50x Elite Pro SD card. Any solution to this problem? Thanks.
    This Might Help!!!
    Install and then Soft reset
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by drashran; 03/10/2008 at 03:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by perplexity View Post
    While I'd love to agree with you and blame some 3rd party app, I have a pair of 680's here and the freeze occurs even on a freshly upgraded / hard reset unit with nothing at all installed over and above what the factory provides.

It _is_ a problem on some units or on some networks (just as TGP _is_ a problem under the right/wrong circumstances). It would be lovely to have some indication from palm that they acknowledge there is an issue, but I'm resigned to the fact that will never happen.

Other than that, 1.12 is working quite well for me and I've very little to complain about. Certainly more reliable than my counterparts WM based unit.
    It is mostly a hardware problem.
    Explanation: Low grade hardware components!!!
    Send it for replacement if it is within warranty period
    Quote Originally Posted by drashran View Post
    This Might Help!!!
    Nope. Didn't help. Installed and reset but still says unrecognised. Could be recognised through a card reader or a laptop but not my 680. Might be compatibility issues with Kingston cards. Anyway, thanks for your help. I'll try to get a Transcend card and see whether it works.
    This Might Help!!!
    Drashran...just to make sure i got it right? When you meant install the two files do u mean just copy over to the ram? Cos what i did was copy the 2 files onto an SD card and move to ram and it didn't work. I also tried hotsyncing. Know this sounds stupid but just like to double check if there are other ways of installing...thks
    Nope. Didn't help. Installed and reset but still says unrecognised. Could be recognised through a card reader or a laptop but not my 680. Might be compatibility issues with Kingston cards. Anyway, thanks for your help. I'll try to get a Transcend card and see whether it works.
    Do you use UnCache or CleanStart? Maybe the files arenīt loaded?
    Drashran...just to make sure i got it right? When you meant install the two files do u mean just copy over to the ram? Cos what i did was copy the 2 files onto an SD card and move to ram and it didn't work. I also tried hotsyncing. Know this sounds stupid but just like to double check if there are other ways of installing...thks
    What U have done is right!!
    Mostly it should be an incompatible SD card!

Couple of things that probably you can do:
    a) Try if the card works in another equipment (camera, Pc, etc)
    b) Try if you can format the card in another equipment (camera, Pc, etc)
    c) Try soft reset your Palm

Do you have Butler, BtToggle, zlauncher or ResetDoctor install?

See the link for more details
    [HTML]http://sdprob.aximsite.com/[/HTML]

Thanks to C4PDA Forum
    What U have done is right!!
    Mostly it should be an incompatible SD card!

Couple of things that probably you can do:
    a) Try if the card works in another equipment (camera, Pc, etc)
    b) Try if you can format the card in another equipment (camera, Pc, etc)
    c) Try soft reset your Palm

Do you have Butler, BtToggle, zlauncher or ResetDoctor install?

See the link for more details
    [HTML]http://sdprob.aximsite.com/[/HTML]

Thanks to C4PDA Forum

drashran,
    Yup, thats what i'm guessing. The card works on the PC, and i used the PC to format it and also soft reseting my palm. Still doesn't work. Seems like my palm has an issue with the card. Also i do have butler, zlauncher and resetdoctor installed. Any issues there?

lizardo,
    I dun use uncache or cleanstart. Should i be using those?

Thks
    drashran,
    Yup, thats what i'm guessing. The card works on the PC, and i used the PC to format it and also soft reseting my palm. Still doesn't work. Seems like my palm has an issue with the card. Also i do have butler, zlauncher and resetdoctor installed. Any issues there?

lizardo,
    I dun use uncache or cleanstart. Should i be using those?

Thks
    Those progies have some issues with SD Card!!!

Uncache and CleanStart are optional
    Those progies have some issues with SD Card!!!

Uncache and CleanStart are optional
    Oh really?? Had being using those since my 650. Didn't know there were issues. Hmm...I think this weekend i'll do a hard reset and start from scratch. Thanks again. to you guys.
    Hi,

I have unlocked 680 (T-mobile SIM), and I have freezing/locking problems when starting up the TomTom5 and connecting to Bluetooth GPS. About 50% of the time when I start TT5, the BT GPS doesn't connect. Sometimes it's enough I go to Bluetooth options, turn off the BT, turn back on and restart TT5. About every second time when it doesn't connect, it freezes completely and I have to remove battery.

I have also noticed that every time after removing the battery and rebooting, the first time the BT GPS will connect (or I don't recall any time it didn't). But after the first connect, then I get about 50/50% chance.

I read somewhere the 1.12 BT stack is not too good, and the 1.09 would be better. The 1.09 is ATT however, and wouldn't work with my sim.

So is there update which would work with my phone, and would improve the BT stack / connection reliability? I tried to read through this thread, but it takes a while to go through everything, so if somebody already knows the answer, I would appreciate to get some info how to improve the BT link. The GPS receiver is the basic BT GPS from Palm TT5+GPS bundle.
    Interesting. Yesterday I downgraded to 1.04, and the BT GPS worked flawless. Today I sync with PC, after sync it wanted reboot, and some of the setups went funny, and I noticed on the phone info menu: FW: R01.92
    SW: 1.12

So I went to my car to try out the BT, started TomTom about 10 times, and every time the BT hooked up perfectly with the GPS.

Have to try out more, but maybe now I have the 1.12 and working BT. Maybe.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I did soft resets and it went ok again... must be the 3rd party....

--------------------------------------------
    Ive Just try out the voice memo in the newer 2.12ROW, it says:
    "Audio format not supported" ??

Missing another file?

Anybody else tried this?

Gap
    ==============================================
    Last edited by gapleki; 03/16/2008 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpatana View Post
    Interesting. Yesterday I downgraded to 1.04, and the BT GPS worked flawless. Today I sync with PC, after sync it wanted reboot, and some of the setups went funny, and I noticed on the phone info menu: FW: R01.92
    SW: 1.12

So I went to my car to try out the BT, started TomTom about 10 times, and every time the BT hooked up perfectly with the GPS.

Have to try out more, but maybe now I have the 1.12 and working BT. Maybe.
    Been using this now for several days, and used the TomTom software several times a day, and not once has the BT link failed. So it seems, the BT is now working perfectly, and I still seem to have the 1.12 SW version.

So what I did:

1: I upgraded the SW from 1.04 to 1.12 (unclocked).

2: Installed all the SW I wanted, and synced with PC (several times)

3: I made hard reset (press&hold power button while reboot)

4: Install clean 1.04 SW

5: Sync with PC

After those, it at least looks like 1.12 (exchange seems to work), and the BT is working perfect.

Can't say if it would work for someone else, would be interested to hear.
    Now about 2 weeks of use, and I've lost the BT link once, and I've used the GPS maybe 30-40 times, so looks good.

However, even though the SW seems to be 1.12, the battery runs out quite fast. I do have the exchange working, which would indicate 1.12. Is there any other way to make sure which version I'm running?
    Unbranded, unlocked Treo 680 for sale. This was bought directly from Palm. Lean and mean with the 1.12 ROW with Custom 2 flashed to it. Works perfectly!

If you want one of the other ROMS, I can flash it for you before sending it off.

Includes charger, HotSync cable, original box, original paperwork, PLUS a 1GB SD Card.

Screen is perfect. It's had a Brando protector on it since the minute I got it. Absolutely zero scratches or blemishes.

Keyboard is perfect. No mushy keys or worn paint. All keys are just like they were when they were now.

Body is in great, but not perfect, condition. A couple tiny dings but only when you really try to find them.

Pics available and specific ones if you want them.

Looking for $175 which includes shipping anywhere in the CONUS.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    1.04 ROW Versions
    With help from many different sources I have been able to recreate a 1.04-ROW ROM. For those that want to either go back, for reasons like returning their Treo for other reasons or they are a T-Mobile user who wants to get MMS messages again. This is not an official ROM by any means but it will set you tokens back to the correct values, Will restore your Firmware to MW1.50 and the ROW ROM. I have uploaded the full version and one custom version. It is basically the same as the cust1 from above.
    jamesgangut,
    I assume this version (1.04 ROW) is unbranded?
    Tks.
  18.    #1238  
    yes it is
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Thank you!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I've just purchased a shiny new unbranded 680 and I'm tempted to install a custom rom. If I do so but then decide to go back to the original rom, can I re-install the 2.12 update from the Palm website, or will it not allow me if it thinks the rom is already updated?