Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1377
    Quote Originally Posted by alne View Post
    Tomtastick,
    Could you please prepare 2.12 ROM in James format (separate ROM and Firmware updates, which will not check for version tokens). I mean the thing when you copy a bunch of rom files from SD to RAM, launch separate program for firmware update, launch ROM updater and enter low and so on....Please please please....It should not be very hard for you since you already have a working 2.12 Cust ROM that I want (Max DB, without VM, DocToGo and pTunes and unnecessary languges....All unlocked ATT treo 680 users will greatly appreciate it!!!
    And any posibilitie of another great version with spanish language included?

Thank you in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by arquillos View Post
    And any posibilitie of another great version with spanish language included?

Thank you in advance!
    The details of how to make your own custom ROM aren't a secret, if any of you need a specific ROM it's not actually that hard at all to do so yourself.
    (Not that we don't love helping out here of course )

1. Unpack to a directory with RomTool
    2. Add / delete files as you wish
    3. Pack the directory into a single zip (i.e. low-palmos.zip) with RomTool
    4. Use the REXX tool posted in various places to split your large .zip into the .pdb sections (HackSplit as it is known) used by the ROM updater code.
    5. (The only mildly difficult part), copy the MD5 checksum from low-palmos.zip.md5 created by RomTool in place of the checksum in the original ROM's .md5 file.

Perhaps we need an easy tool to do the HackSplit and MD5 parts as I imagine they're the bits that put people off. Sadly I'm not a Windows user / programmer so I can't help you unless you want a nice UNIX shell script
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    1.04 ROW Versions
    With help from many different sources I have been able to recreate a 1.04-ROW ROM. For those that want to either go back, for reasons like returning their Treo for other reasons or they are a T-Mobile user who wants to get MMS messages again. This is not an official ROM by any means but it will set you tokens back to the correct values, Will restore your Firmware to MW1.50 and the ROW ROM. I have uploaded the full version and one custom version. It is basically the same as the cust1 from above.
    Full
    http://www.4shared.com/file/29424735...ified=e992fa47
    Custom
    http://www.4shared.com/file/29424873...ified=e992fa47

Remember Use at your own risk!!
    I downloaded the FULL version. How do I extract the actual PRC and PDB files that compose the ROM? I want to extract the Bluetooth stack files from the 1.04 ROW ROM and install them in my Treo 680's RAM to check if my BT GPS and BT car kit work with my Treo 680 once again (they used to with 1.04 ROW, never did since I upgraded to newer versions).

BTW, can someone tell me what are all the files needed bt the Bluetooth stack? Of course all the BT*.* are obvious ones, and I will check for CreatorID, but maybe I am walking a path known by someone. :-)
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Treo 680 Crimson GSM unlocked
    Transcend 8Gb Class 6 SDHC card
    iBlue SIRF-III Bluetooth GPS
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hi Matt, do you check on your Messages preferences?
    I see SMS Receipts in there? Lol... I dont know which programs of mine causing that... but when that appear... my Message seems show a bit tiny lag....

Quote Originally Posted by matteosg View Post
    Thanks to Gapleki.... I did a fresh install of all programs & it doesn't lag anymore. It feels faster. Messaging is still missing 'ADD' button. Its worth the wait.... thanks Tomtastic.

Matt
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have that too but mine is working fine.... Are you using chat too?

matt

Quote Originally Posted by gapleki View Post
    Hi Matt, do you check on your Messages preferences?
    I see SMS Receipts in there? Lol... I dont know which programs of mine causing that... but when that appear... my Message seems show a bit tiny lag....
  6.    #1206  
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerRJ View Post
    I downloaded the FULL version. How do I extract the actual PRC and PDB files that compose the ROM? I want to extract the Bluetooth stack files from the 1.04 ROW ROM and install them in my Treo 680's RAM to check if my BT GPS and BT car kit work with my Treo 680 once again (they used to with 1.04 ROW, never did since I upgraded to newer versions).

BTW, can someone tell me what are all the files needed bt the Bluetooth stack? Of course all the BT*.* are obvious ones, and I will check for CreatorID, but maybe I am walking a path known by someone. :-)
    Use the 650 RomTool to convert the .pdb's to a folder.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerRJ View Post

This is exactly what I tried - it caused a reset loop! My solution is a hybrid ROM. Check this out (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?t=159784).
    Hi all,
    I have my UnlockedTreo680 upgraded to 2.12 ROW and I'm quite upset with the results(the same with 1.12)-the phone always freezes while out of the coverage. Is that possible to go back to 1.04? Can i use 1.04 ROW Versions from the first post or it's just for AT&T Treos?
    Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Im glad im not alone

Yeah Im using Chat

Quote Originally Posted by matteosg View Post
    I have that too but mine is working fine.... Are you using chat too?

matt
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Use the 650 RomTool to convert the .pdb's to a folder.
    I did it differently: I reflashed the 1.04 ROM, checked that indeed my GPS BT unit again worked with my Treo, proving that the newer ROMs indeed *do break* some "Bluetooth marriages" between the Treo 680 and other BT devices, then copied all Bt*.* ROM files in a ZIP, reflashed the Treo 680 with the latest 1.12 ROM (not custom), checked that indeed my GPS BT device wasn't working anymore, copied the files, reset but unfortunately noticed it did not fix the problem.

So I either discover what files must be copied from 1.04, or keep using 1.04 for now... ;-(

That's what I'm doing right now in fact, reflashing 1.04 ROW in my Treo. I would LOVE to find out the files needed to get BT nice and dandy in the 1.12 ROM, though... Don't like the idea of using an older ROM. ;-(
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledragon View Post
    This is exactly what I tried - it caused a reset loop! My solution is a hybrid ROM. Check this out (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...php?t=159784).
    It did not cause a reset loop for me, but didn't work either. I copied all Bt*.* files from 1.04's ROM to 1.12's RAM.
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Quote Originally Posted by Manyanya View Post
    Hi all,
    I have my UnlockedTreo680 upgraded to 2.12 ROW and I'm quite upset with the results(the same with 1.12)-the phone always freezes while out of the coverage. Is that possible to go back to 1.04? Can i use 1.04 ROW Versions from the first post or it's just for AT&T Treos?
    Thanks in advance
    I have the same "out of coverage freezing" problem and I also get PRETTY annoyed by it.

If going back to 1.04 solves it (and the BT problem), then I guess I won't be disappointed going back AT ALL! :-)

Besides the camera patch, the security patch and the DST patch, are there any other pre-1.12 patches for the 1.04 ROM?
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    StrikerRJ:

Did you fix the "out of coverage freezing" by going back to 1.04 ?
    Hi - I have followed James' instructions (ued Tomtastic stripped 2.11 ROM)below to update firmware and ROM. My firmware updated fine from 1.34 to 1.91 but the ROM update said it went fine but after hard reset etc. phone info shows rom is still 1.09.

Have I done something wrong?

Rgds HH75

[QUOTE=jamesgangut;1268550]Version 1.12 Unlocked/Unbranded Version
    Use at your own risk!!!

Firmware (only needs to be done once, not everytime you try a new ROM)
    A- Run 3rd party app to copy the contents of the Firmware folder to RAM. (See app instructions for help). Exit app.
    B- Making sure the power is plugged in locate the GSM FW App. Run it, it should give you update: R01.91. If so tap "Update Now".
    C- It will reset when done.

ROM
    A- Run 3rd party app to copy the contents of the ROM folder to RAM. (See
    app instructions for help). Exit app.
    B- Making sure the power is plugged in locate the Romupdater app. (SD Card catagory) Run it.
    C- type low then hit enter/return. It will update the ROM. When it is done it will tell you it is done and to hard reset.
    D- Hard reset, restore data.

Full ROM:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/31862725...ified=e992fa47

Custom Unbranded with apps: DTG, Ptunes, VersMail included.
    http://www.4shared.com/file/32007720...ified=e992fa47

Stripped Unbranded version By tomtastic:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/31981041...d-ROM-211.html
    I have installed Cusom ROM V2.12 on my T680. Treo responds very well (mostly no lag)

Option for "New MMS" is missing. What are the files to be installed, so MMS will be available.

Thanks a lot

Can anyone help to solve the problem!!!. Custm ROM V2.12 really rocks

UPDATE:

Just Install these Files and do a soft reset
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by drashran; 03/14/2008 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_bloo View Post
    StrikerRJ:

Did you fix the "out of coverage freezing" by going back to 1.04 ?
    Yes, it *DID*.

I won't be upgrading back to 1.12 any time soon!

I finally have a Treo 680 worth using once again!

A few more weeks with ROM 1.12 and I would have switched to a N95 Black or an iPhone...

BTW, I will be switching to the CUSTOM 1.04 ROW ROM version, after checking that the full 1.04 ROW works very well for me. The added DBCache should make the Treo a more stable environment.
    Last edited by StrikerRJ; 03/06/2008 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Adding last paragraph
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    No probs here with "out of coverage" with 2.12 & before 1.12 so it has to be a conflict with some apps instaled
    BTW: 2.12 custom is the best so far!
    Tkz tomstatic to provide it & tkz drashran for the MMS files
    No one rom is not working, аlways gives mistake: "Validating/ROM/low-ipl-cvt ... ERROR"! Tried many times... :-(
    What am I doing wrong?
    After hard reset. -> Backed up the contents of a folder "ROM" (FROM SD card as resco explorer) in RAM. -> Start a "ROM Updater" memory. -> Type "low" -> gives mistake: "Validating/ROM/low-ipl-cvt ... ERROR"

I wish flashing only ROM. My version Firmware is Treo680-2.11-ATT (unlocked)

Thank you in advance for helping! :-)
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enotar View Post
    No probs here with "out of coverage" with 2.12 & before 1.12 so it has to be a conflict with some apps instaled
    BTW: 2.12 custom is the best so far!
    Tkz tomstatic to provide it & tkz drashran for the MMS files
    Thanks Drashran, the files you posted fixed my MMS problem...

matt
    hi guys. i've update my rom to the 2.12 custom rom with the mms files and it worked flawlessly. Thanks for the rom. Weird thing is my 680 couldn't recognise a 4gig sd card. When i insert it in it says unrecognised format and when i tried formating it say handheld cannot recognise this card. The card is a Kingston 4GB 50x Elite Pro SD card. Any solution to this problem? Thanks.