Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10505556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1377
    I was wondering if there was a 1.12 max DB cache ROM available. I like James' ROMs, but I loathe the wired car kit in there.
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

Phones:
    Nokia 5160-> Nokia 3100-> Nokia 3220-> Treo 650 Unlocked(modded ROM)-> Treo 680 Unlocked(modded ROM #8 within 15 minutes of receiving the box)-> Treo Pro(hacked as well)
    New information to share, folks!
    I have "installed" 680-Unbranded-ROM-212 from tomtastic and it works with GPS receiver Holux GR-236 (my friend loaned it to me)!
    No delays, no resets, no freezing - just great with TomTom 6.030 (8270)
    Let's Treo!
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serfree View Post
    I have "installed" 680-Unbranded-ROM-212 from tomtastic and it works with GPS receiver Holux GR-236 (my friend loaned it to me)!
    What is in this ROM?
    Is it maxDBcache?

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by enotar View Post
    What is in this ROM?
    Is it maxDBcache?

Thank you
    It's stripped of languages, addit, ptunes, versamail, docs to go, etc.
    But it's not stripped of the calc and clock and whatever else the maxDBcache might lack.

No wired-car-kit in it either deceptitech
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Can I use this 2.12 update with unlocked AT&T treo (in other words does it check for specific values in version tokens)?
    Thank you in advance!
    Do any of the Custom ROM developers know what "LiveModeApp-rfsl" is? It's in ROM, so I can't delete it and its caused my Treo680 to crash. Is it from a Custom? Note: I haven't fully installed a custom ROM yet, but one time I MAY have incorrectly done so, and left a file on my Treo. I'm wondering if this could be on.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    But it's not stripped of the calc and clock and whatever else the maxDBcache might lack.

Thanks a lot for the ROM: Tomtastic
    Quote Originally Posted by serfree View Post
    Thanks a lot for testing it.

Kindly update on this.

Like free memory, dbCache, PalmInternal tick sec!!, SMS character limits, MMS recieving capabilities!!!! etc.,

I am yet to recieve my T680 from the sevice center (I have sent it for replacement: cause: Headphone jack broke)
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have installed Tom's strippped 2.12 & i found the 'ADD' button missing from messaging and a reset occur when i tried to delete a message. The version is correct at 2.6.3 Besides the 'ADD' button, some stuff are also missing from messaging perference. Other that this, I find it faster...

thanks to Tomtastic & Guys....

Matt
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    in 2.12 in Messaging preferences I see sms receipt: When deliver?
    But those menu is not properly alligned.
    Msg works well though.

Lag is still there... (not as much though)

THANKS TOM!
    ----------------------------------
    apparently the sms receipt is not from TOM's ROM, so I wonder which backup file causes this...
    Last edited by gapleki; 02/15/2008 at 10:37 AM.

Installing now. heh heh heh
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

Phones:
    Nokia 5160-> Nokia 3100-> Nokia 3220-> Treo 650 Unlocked(modded ROM)-> Treo 680 Unlocked(modded ROM #8 within 15 minutes of receiving the box)-> Treo Pro(hacked as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledragon View Post
    It might help. My experience with the two updates is like this: the successful connection rate between Navigator and my BT GPS was most of the times with 1.04, all the times with 1.09 and only about half of the times with 2.11. I guess this also depends on the kinds of GPS devices. That's why some have problems and some don't.
    This is exactly what I am now getting since upgrading to 1.12ROW. I have seriously considered dumping my phone since this happened as it is extremely annoying to say the least...

From reading this thread it looks like I need the hybrid that Littledragon (Post#1082) has managed.

If I have already upgraded to the latest R01.92/1.12ROW version, how do I go about just backing off the software to 1.09 (pref. a cutdown version like CUST07) ?
    Last edited by geoff.sim; 02/15/2008 at 11:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff.sim View Post
    This is exactly what I am now getting since upgrading to 1.12ROW. I have seriously considered dumping my phone since this happened as it is extremely annoying to say the least...

From reading this thread it looks like I need the hybrid that Littledragon (Post#1082) has managed.

If I have already upgraded to the latest R01.92/1.12ROW version, how do I go about just backing off the software to 1.09 (pref. a cutdown version like CUST07) ?
    Geoff, just follow the instruction in the following thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=159784

Thank you. Another great ROM from those masters of Alteration.

Thank you Tom and James.
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

Phones:
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledragon View Post
    Geoff, just follow the instruction in the following thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=159784
    Thanks!
    I have now updated my phone and all is well again with bluetooth and tomtom.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    After doing it FRESH, installing one by one, I found that ROM 2.12 is faster.
    I also found that Hi-Launcher causing button lag (if you switch app using calendar, messaging, it launch faster without hi-Launcher), i like hi-Launcher very much though...

But the problem bellow (sms receipt when delivered option in Messaging pref appears again!) show up again....

Anybody experience the same? I know this is not due to the ROM, I wonder which app causes this...

TIA!

GAP

-----------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by gapleki View Post
    in 2.12 in Messaging preferences I see sms receipt: When deliver?
    But those menu is not properly alligned.
    Msg works well though.

Lag is still there... (not as much though)

THANKS TOM!
    ----------------------------------
    apparently the sms receipt is not from TOM's ROM, so I wonder which backup file causes this...
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Thanks to Gapleki.... I did a fresh install of all programs & it doesn't lag anymore. It feels faster. Messaging is still missing 'ADD' button. Its worth the wait.... thanks Tomtastic.

Matt
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Tomtastic,
    Could you please prepare 2.12 ROM in James format (separate ROM and Firmware updates, which will not check for version tokens). I mean the thing when you copy a bunch of rom files from SD to RAM, launch separate program for firmware update, launch ROM updater and enter low and so on....Please please please....It should not be very hard for you since you already have a working 2.12 Cust ROM that I want (Max DB, without VM, DocToGo and pTunes and unnecessary languges....All unlocked ATT treo 680 users will greatly appreciate it!!!
    Last edited by alne; 02/20/2008 at 10:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Will this work on Treo 650??
    Quote Originally Posted by drranjan View Post
    Will this work on Treo 650??
    Nope !
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user