Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
    Just got the file and work fine, thanks.

DTG is there and the DB Cache dropped to 27,631K (almost 7MB!!!).

The phone info:

Firmware: R01.34
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ROW
    CC-Cap:000-000-001
    Carrier DB: 292
    Me too.
    Just updated with Custom1 ROM to my phone. Everything works fine after doing a HotSync. Looking good so far.
    Thank you!

As expected, my phone info:

Firmware: R01.34
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ROW
    CC-Cap:000-000-001
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Unlocked, as that is what I have. But you can just change out the files MFB created.
    Aaaah okay, sounds good. I always thought for some reason that the whole enchilada was checksummed, so it'd have to all match. That's easy enough. Thanks
    BTW, after I was asked to calibrate the stylus and set the Automatic time settings, I got a blank white screen. Palm would turn on and off. Not sure what it was wanting here, as any key would just make it beep (the low "no" beep). Soft reset and it was fine it seems.

Odd, got the white screen again, then when I pushed the Cal hard button I got the calendar.

Phone info now:
    Firmare: R01.34
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ATT
    I'm about to restore now.
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    BTW, after I was asked to calibrate the stylus and set the Automatic time settings, I got a blank white screen. Palm would turn on and off. Not sure what it was wanting here, as any key would just make it beep (the low "no" beep). Soft reset and it was fine it seems.

Odd, got the white screen again, then when I pushed the Cal hard button I got the calendar.

Phone info now:
    Firmare: R01.34
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ATT
    I'm about to restore now.
    I get this too, I just hit the phone app or other button. It is because I removed bfviewer. It happens after hard reset as well. I will be updating the roms & will add this and the new packageversion.
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 06/02/2007 at 10:45 AM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I just now installed Custom3. Worked fine, but I am getting the blank white screen after setting time.

I used NVBackup to restore this morning's routine 3am daily backup, but after I did so, I thought about a few things.

1. All of my AddIt files are still in the backup. But these are easy to find and delete (as well as deleting the AddIt folder in my PalmOne\User directory before first HotSync.

2. I had applied all previous "fixes" from Palm, such as the Camera update and the recent Security fix, as well as the 2007 DST Update. Since all of these are presumably in this new Custom ROM, do I need to worry about deleting these from my device (if not to prevent conflicts, then to save space)? They were restored from my NVBackup set, but not sure which files to get rid of.

So, as of now, after a successful flash to the Custom3 ROM, I will restore from NVBackup, selectively removing the following files:

carrierprofiles2
    networkprofiles2
    Add*
    ???

Thanks!
  7.    #107  
    WHITE SCREEN AFTER SETTING TIME

Just hit a hard key and you will goto that app. I am going to add bfviewer back to roms. This won't cause any problems just be aware.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

As I said earlier in this thread, I wrote an email to support at 79bmedia about the Skinner splash screens not working any longer after the custom ROM update. Here is the response:

I was not aware of the custom ROMs, but we did get reports that splashes stopped working after the official ROM update was applied. We are currently working on an update, though there is no ETA yet.

With best regards,

Daniel Seifert
    79bmedia Support Team
    WHITE SCREEN AFTER SETTING TIME

Just hit a hard key and you will goto that app. I am going to add bfviewer back to roms. This won't cause any problems just be aware.
    Great jamesgangut. I am going flash mine again when you update Custom ROM packages in page1.

Thank you!
    I have Carrier DB 355 now, on an unlocked 680. What's the difference between that and the Carrier 292 on the custom ROMs?
  11.    #111  
    292 works better with the ATT based custom roms. 355 works with the ROW version of the software.

Files changed from the download link, [James, thanks for your work and looking for the acknowledge of updated ROM.

ROM:
    PackageVersion.txt.pdb

Backup:
    carrierprofiles2
    networkprofiles2

Uninstall:
    Add*
    BF*
    Mytreo
    ..patch like camera fix,etc
    I get this too, I just hit the phone app or other button. It is because I removed bfviewer. It happens after hard reset as well. I will be updating the roms & will add this and the new packageversion.
    Does it only happen on hard reset? If so, I'll live with that.. Or does it happen more often?

What's bfviewer btw? Haven't heard of it.
  14.    #114  
    It only happens on hard reset.

When looking at the LifeDRIVE rom to get apps for Treo650 it was a viewer used by AddIt. It seems it is being used other places now.

15.    #115  
    Roms are now updated with bfviewer and fixed PackageVersion

Thank you Jamesgangut.
    I re-flashed my Cust1 ROM and all is now well.

Best
    Idian
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    As I said earlier in this thread, I wrote an email to support at 79bmedia about the Skinner splash screens not working any longer after the custom ROM update. Here is the response:

I was not aware of the custom ROMs, but we did get reports that splashes stopped working after the official ROM update was applied. We are currently working on an update, though there is no ETA yet.
    There has been some development since yesterday and we overcame the last problem rather quickly. There is now a beta version available that has a new splash implementation and should work with any Treo 680 ROM.

As this thread is not actually about Skinner but custom ROMs, I would suggest to send feedback on the beta version by email to skinner@79bmedia.com (or that a new thread is opened if someone wants to discuss this publicly). That said, please do let me know whether this beta version has working splashes on the custom ROMs.

Update: we are working on an update to the beta version to make some more improvements. If you want to give it a try, please send me an email.
    Last edited by dseifert; 06/03/2007 at 10:04 AM.
    Daniel Seifert
    Vote for your favorite skins at http://skinner.79bmedia.com
    Hi,

I did a minimal custom flash, and it works great except I cannot connect to GPRS now, error no. (0x7143) Error: GPRS connection not available.

Anyone has similar problem or resolution, or maybe I am missing something?

Thanks,
    Edward

Do ATT/Cingular 680s still need the files in post #5? If so, do we use the package version there or your most recently updated one?

duke
    Updated first post with custom rom options. There should enough variety for everyone.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...50&postcount=1
    The combination I want is not quite what is available, and I really don't quite understand how to go about adding what I want. I would still like to have both PTunes and DTG. That combination is missing. I see a post that has PTunes, so I guess I could add it--though I don't know how! Add to what? After I'm finished? Plus, to get DTG back, I can't copy it to RAM because I can't copy it out. How do I find those files? Sorry that I don't understand this, but I don't want to learn as I go because I have a feeling that would be fatal.

Whoops...sorry, I guess if I could figure out how to add in PTunes, I could use the option with DTG added and then add PTunes as well. Any help on EXACTLY what I have to do to add PTunes?
    Last edited by mdavis; 06/03/2007 at 08:45 AM.