Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1377
    Quote Originally Posted by drashran View Post
    Sometimes FileZ does not work well ResExplorer might be of help or copy one file at a time
    Hard Reset before copying the files to RAM
    Ive tried upteen times now and am now considering the update to cust2 or a different mail program ...
    can I just install over cust1 or do I have to do the 1.12 update again first?
    Quote Originally Posted by orangemike View Post
    Ive tried upteen times now and am now considering the update to cust2 or a different mail program ...
    can I just install over cust1 or do I have to do the 1.12 update again first?

Just install over Cust1. A side note -- I think it's advisable to hard reset each time before starting a new Custom ROM. When I first did the 1.12 update, I did Cust1 immediately after doing the 1.12 update. Then, within 5 minutes, I decided to put VM in RAM, did a hard reset and then the Cust2 ROM.
    Does anyone have a problem trying to copy the folders to a memory card? I have them extracted from the ZIP folder, then using Card Reader, try copying the files to the card, but it always stops 1/2 way through.

I get this error message: "Cannot copy low-palmos.zip.b. Path is too deep"

Anyway to do a non-SD card method?
    Last edited by Shinner23; 01/29/2008 at 02:37 PM.
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    Does anyone have a problem trying to copy the folders to a memory card? I have them extracted from the ZIP folder, then using Card Reader, try copying the files to the card, but it always stops 1/2 way through.

I get this error message: "Cannot copy low-palmos.zip.b. Path is too deep"

Anyway to do a non-SD card method?
    I'm not aware of a non-SD card method, but I'm wondering -- have you tried using a stand-alone USB card reader, rather than the Card Reader app, to copy the files? I have Card Reader, too, and love it, but I did all the copying of Custom ROM files to my SD card using a separate card reader connected to my PC by USB cable. I had absolutely no problems copying to the SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I'm not aware of a non-SD card method, but I'm wondering -- have you tried using a stand-alone USB card reader, rather than the Card Reader app, to copy the files? I have Card Reader, too, and love it, but I did all the copying of Custom ROM files to my SD card using a separate card reader connected to my PC by USB cable. I had absolutely no problems copying to the SD card.
    That's a good thought. I have not tried using a stand-alone USB card reader for the CUSTOM update. I have tried a built-into-a-laptop card reader for the STANDARD PALM update and that didn't work (got it to work using the Card Reader). I'll give it a shot with the Custom. Otherwise, i'm not sure what to do. Did you Hard reset BEFORE you did the Custom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    Did you Hard reset BEFORE you did the Custom?
    Yes, always.
    I'll give it a shot-thanks for the tip!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Hi all
    Can anybody attach the "Palm IM application" PRC file here? the IM prc that comes with the new recently Updated ROM of the Treo 680.
    Dose it works on Unlocked Treo 650? anybody test it? i wanna try it please
    thank you all
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    Hi all
    Can anybody attach the "Palm IM application" PRC file here? the IM prc that comes with the new recently Updated ROM of the Treo 680.
    Dose it works on Unlocked Treo 650? anybody test it? i wanna try it please
    thank you all
    it does work on the 650(real well in fact) but I dropped it as soon as i found out that each IM is charge to your account as a TXT rather than data
    Quote Originally Posted by gerega View Post
    @Jamesgangut

Dear James, how do I add german language to your custom ROMs? Could you please explain it to me/us. There are some users in Germany at www.nexave.de who are interested in getting a custom ROM in german. It does not need to be german only, but as I have written english elanguage may be included unless it is easier to build a german only version. The ROM really should be as easy as possible to build taking the existent custom ROMs. Thanks for your input!
    No one knows how to include other languages appart from english?

Thank you!!!
    After updating to the new firmware, I noticed some little bugs here and there ... I wanna try out one of the custom roms, but I have no idea which one is suitable for my 680, since it's locked to Rogers.

2.11 is for ATT
    1.09 is unlocked ver only
    1.04 <---- I DLed and looked at the folder, I have no idea where to begin. It's not separated into the 3 folders ... ROM, PALM, FIRMWARE & theres no instructions .... for that ROM

Any help or suggest pls?
    I'm also locked to Rogers.
    I'm currently using 1.12 Cust1 ROM. I used to use 1.04 (rogers) > 1.09 cust1 > 2.11 ATT (cust) > 1.12 (Rogers SD Updater) and finaly 1.12 Cust1 ROM.

It's pretty stable compare to old 1.04. I didn't noticed the difference between 1.09 to 1.12. If you want to use any custom ROM, read the first page. It has step-by-step instructions for all the custom ROM versions.

Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    After updating to the new firmware, I noticed some little bugs here and there ... I wanna try out one of the custom roms, but I have no idea which one is suitable for my 680, since it's locked to Rogers.

2.11 is for ATT
    1.09 is unlocked ver only
    1.04 <---- I DLed and looked at the folder, I have no idea where to begin. It's not separated into the 3 folders ... ROM, PALM, FIRMWARE & theres no instructions .... for that ROM

Any help or suggest pls?
    3Com PalmPilot Personal > Handspring Visor Deluxe > Palm Tungsten T > PalmOne Tungsten T5 > PalmOne Treo650

Current Device: Palm Treo 680 w/1.12 Cust1 ROM, 4GB SDHC, GlobalSAT GPS Receiver
    I modded a rom, but I can't find a tool to convert the individual files to a zip+5.prc fileset

Some things I was working on was the interesting new BT audio application in the new 755 update. Would love to be able to get it together and see if I can make a lovely new brick.(never)

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

Phones:
    Nokia 5160-> Nokia 3100-> Nokia 3220-> Treo 650 Unlocked(modded ROM)-> Treo 680 Unlocked(modded ROM #8 within 15 minutes of receiving the box)-> Treo Pro(hacked as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndy4eva View Post
    I'm also locked to Rogers.
    I'm currently using 1.12 Cust1 ROM. I used to use 1.04 (rogers) > 1.09 cust1 > 2.11 ATT (cust) > 1.12 (Rogers SD Updater) and finaly 1.12 Cust1 ROM.

It's pretty stable compare to old 1.04. I didn't noticed the difference between 1.09 to 1.12. If you want to use any custom ROM, read the first page. It has step-by-step instructions for all the custom ROM versions.
    Just did the one you've suggested ... everything went smooth.

Just wondering, does the phone app still have the bugs like the official ROM from Rogers? (echos on the phone, sketchy & choppy speaker phone and sketchy & choppy backgrounds while your on the phone?)

EDIT: Gonna "TRY" to flash my firmware back to 1.04
    Last edited by E2EK1EL; 02/01/2008 at 03:48 AM.
    Just Flashed my firmware back to 1.04 .... "Don't Panic" Are you kidding me? That was one SCARY sh*t!

Let's hope all the buggs from 1.12 is gone.

Will post tomorrow regarding the results.
    Last edited by E2EK1EL; 02/01/2008 at 03:47 AM.
    I don't have any issue with call quality. I can hear clearly on the phone as well as speaker phone. My wife and my co-worker also has treo680 and they don't complain about the call quality. You might want to call Rogers and get it replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    Just did the one you've suggested ... everything went smooth.

Just wondering, does the phone app still have the bugs like the official ROM from Rogers? (echos on the phone, sketchy & choppy speaker phone and sketchy & choppy backgrounds while your on the phone?)

EDIT: Gonna "TRY" to flash my firmware back to 1.04
    3Com PalmPilot Personal > Handspring Visor Deluxe > Palm Tungsten T > PalmOne Tungsten T5 > PalmOne Treo650

Current Device: Palm Treo 680 w/1.12 Cust1 ROM, 4GB SDHC, GlobalSAT GPS Receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by ndy4eva View Post
    I don't have any issue with call quality. I can hear clearly on the phone as well as speaker phone. My wife and my co-worker also has treo680 and they don't complain about the call quality. You might want to call Rogers and get it replaced.
    Since I flashed my 680 back to 1.04, everything "seems" to be ok with sound quality ... I assume the new firmware doesn't work well with first gen. 680. I got mine the day it came out in Toronto.

Thanks for you help and THANK YOU to "jamesgangut, MFB and tomtastic" for making these ROMS possible.

I have a question though ...

made a thread about it

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...83#post1405483
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    Nuts.
    http://www.inkhorn.net/site/log/Entr...Treo_%3A(.html

The cause of death is either a cruel coincidence or the deviceupdater.prc is a truly dangerous tool and I'd strongly warn anyone thinking of examining it not to do so. I had been looking into the ROM and device updaters and had much success with the former in discovering the hidden commands available to update the ROM tokens by hand (lt,dt,wt), I was just beginning to probe the device updater when the device locked up and I was forced to remove the battery to reset, but that was to be my Treo's last breath as it never came back

I'm not averse to begging so if you have a spare buck, I'm saving for a new one :
    http://www.chipin.com/mywidgets/id/4b04e4c35ba2ec2f

unhappily,
    -- tomtastic
    Did you ever get a new phone? I have a 680 with a busted screen I would send you free... just because I'm a nice guy who plans to use your software on my "replacement" phone.

I'm guessing you could swap the screen from the bricked phone into this one, or the mobo from this one into the bricked one. A bit tricky, but free.

Lemme know
    Quote Originally Posted by rlyons View Post
    Did you ever get a new phone? I have a 680 with a busted screen I would send you free... just because I'm a nice guy who plans to use your software on my "replacement" phone.

I'm guessing you could swap the screen from the bricked phone into this one, or the mobo from this one into the bricked one. A bit tricky, but free.

Lemme know
    CHECK YOUR PM PLS!!!!

If Tomtastic doesn't want that unit .... I need a part from it. I need the back housing w/ the speaker phone and prongs attached.

BIG UPS to you Rylons! If I could afford to give away a unit like that I would, especially to these 3 guys who made the ROMS to help save everyone's phones.
    Last edited by E2EK1EL; 02/02/2008 at 12:30 PM.