Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1377
    Weird thing is, I don't have the old files anymore. I successfully added the Treo welcome screen, but deleted it accidentally, so it reverted back to AT & T. However, I don't see the files.
    anybody else experienced that the treo hangs every now and then when a contact is calling you. When this happens, I am unable to answer or hang up, and it may hang for 1-2 mins or until you take the battery out.
    I`ve experienced this on both 1.09 and 2.11 ATT versions, however, I am running 2.11 now (custom,max cache version) and besides this it is stable as a rock.
    ..maybe it has something to do with a bug in profile pictures or something?
    Last edited by bebistate; 01/04/2008 at 03:34 AM.
    It used to happen to me as well, but since I removed phone technician (after upgrading to 2.11 custom), it never happened to me again...
    I used phone technician to play MP3 ringtones. Now I use the internal Palmos functionalities instead, and find that my T680 is much more stable...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I ended up with 2 broken 680's I have combined the parts together to make one working one that my son is using. I was thinking $55 plus shipping for the board. That is what the 650 boards have been going for.
    OK, I just can't seem to accept the fact that my 680's died so I'd like to take you up on the offer of the mainboard, not to use as a transplant but to sacrifice in order to find the JTAG points as I'm going to try to repair mine through that.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    OK, I just can't seem to accept the fact that my 680's died so I'd like to take you up on the offer of the mainboard, not to use as a transplant but to sacrifice in order to find the JTAG points as I'm going to try to repair mine through that.
    Tomstatic, I am using your custom stripped 2.11 ROM and it seems to me that Bluetooth is somewhat broken in this custom ROM. Here's what's happening to me:

- I can add trusted devices
    - discovery works fine
    - other devices can discover my Treo and add it
    - I can transfer and receive files

BUT:

- I can't get my BT handsfree car system to accept my Treo anymore (they pair but I can't configure it in my Treo as a hands-free device), it used to work with the regular ROM and the previous 1.09 custom ROM.
    - I can't get my BT GPS to work with my Treo anymore (they pair but all GPS applications report some communication problem, either a lack of GPS device or some other port-related problem)

Those problems happen even when I hard reset the device and try to pair the devices and use them (BT handsfree car system and BT GPS), so it's not some obscure setup problem.

Anyone having similar problems?

Is there a way for you to create a custom ROM with VersaMail added? I remember from the Treo 650 custom ROMs that Bluetooth was "somewhat" associated with some VersaMail files and that removing them could cause some weird BT behaviour. I believe this may be the case here...
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Treo 680 Crimson GSM unlocked
    Transcend 8Gb Class 6 SDHC card
    iBlue SIRF-III Bluetooth GPS
    Tomtastic-Where is the custom ROM you created?
    Quote Originally Posted by brianarodgers View Post
    Tomtastic-Where is the custom ROM you created?
    Page 1, FIRST post.
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Treo 680 Crimson GSM unlocked
    Transcend 8Gb Class 6 SDHC card
    iBlue SIRF-III Bluetooth GPS
    Haha, there it is!

I have an unlocked AT& T 680 with T-Mobile
    it's Treo680-1.09.ATT

ATT-ATT-011
    Hardware A

Is the custom ROM for me (the one that included pTunes, Docs to Go, Versa)
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerRJ View Post
    Tomstatic, I am using your custom stripped 2.11 ROM and it seems to me that Bluetooth is somewhat broken in this custom ROM :
    - I can't get my BT handsfree car system to accept my Treo anymore (they pair but I can't configure it in my Treo as a hands-free device), it used to work with the regular ROM and the previous 1.09 custom ROM.
    - I can't get my BT GPS to work with my Treo anymore (they pair but all GPS applications report some communication problem, either a lack of GPS device or some other port-related problem)

Those problems happen even when I hard reset the device and try to pair the devices and use them (BT handsfree car system and BT GPS), so it's not some obscure setup problem.

Sorry to hear that, I can't create any more custom roms as I don't have a working Treo.
    I do know that it worked with my GPS and Treo bluetooth headset though, so I'm not sure what you are experiencing is a fault with that particular custom ROM. I suggest trying one of jamesgangut or MFB's and seeing if there is any improvement.
    Tomstatic, I am using your custom stripped 2.11 ROM and it seems to me that Bluetooth is somewhat broken in this custom ROM. Here's what's happening to me:

- I can add trusted devices
    - discovery works fine
    - other devices can discover my Treo and add it
    - I can transfer and receive files

BUT:

The custom stripped 2.11 ROM also caused intermittent communication problem between my GPS receiver and Navigator 6. In fact, I have reflashed the phone with the previous 1.09 stripped ROM and everything is back to normal. It seems to me that Palm has made the BT even worse in this new update?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledragon View Post
    The custom stripped 2.11 ROM also caused intermittent communication problem between my GPS receiver and Navigator 6. In fact, I have reflashed the phone with the previous 1.09 stripped ROM and everything is back to normal. It seems to me that Palm has made the BT even worse in this new update?!
    No problems here, and I use my bluetooth GPS a lot. TomTom 6 and GeoNiche.
    The same here.No problem with BT.
    Have you tried deleting all the bt associated devices from your treo? may be the bt cache is corrupted...

Yes, I have similar problems. TomTom6 struggles to connect, occasionally does, but usually says "no GPS device" after a very long delay. The funny thing is cotoGPS connects very fast and works 100% of the time. But Cetus GPS always fails with a com port error. I suspect the new BT stack is returning some new status code on success and some programs interpret it as a failure...

My previous rom was 1.04 and I have to admit I had similar problems. I have never tried 1.09. I wonder if going to 1.09 would help? Otherwise everything is working well in 2.11.
    Quote Originally Posted by shsmith View Post
    My previous rom was 1.04 and I have to admit I had similar problems. I have never tried 1.09. I wonder if going to 1.09 would help? Otherwise everything is working well in 2.11.
    It might help. My experience with the two updates is like this: the successful connection rate between Navigator and my BT GPS was most of the times with 1.04, all the times with 1.09 and only about half of the times with 2.11. I guess this also depends on the kinds of GPS devices. That's why some have problems and some don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by shsmith View Post
    Yes, I have similar problems. TomTom6 struggles to connect, occasionally does, but usually says "no GPS device" after a very long delay. The funny thing is cotoGPS connects very fast and works 100% of the time. But Cetus GPS always fails with a com port error. I suspect the new BT stack is returning some new status code on success and some programs interpret it as a failure...

Yeah, I've noticed Cetus too, but no other problems (Earth Comber, TomTom, GeoNiche, Where Am I?, Coto) so I was thinking just Cetus was hosed.
    Striker_RJ,

Preciso falar contigo com calma... dá uma passada no PWB, deixe uma mensagem por lá...

Estou com uma ROM da OI!!

Tomtastic,

Can you to help me to create some way do 'erase' 850/1900, leaving the Treo 680 only with a 900/1800?

I tried to copy a Treo 650 Phone app, but not solve our signal problem.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Tomtastic,
    Can you to help me to create some way do 'erase' 850/1900, leaving the Treo 680 only with a 900/1800?

Thanks in advance
    Best Regards...
    No. I don't have a Treo I would even think about attempting that on.
    I'd imagine it would involve futzing with the firmware which is beyond the domain of my idle hacking. Sorry Rnp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Striker_RJ,

Preciso falar contigo com calma... dá uma passada no PWB, deixe uma mensagem por lá...

Estou com uma ROM da OI!!

Tomtastic,

Thanks in advance

Best Regards...

That would take a soldering iron, schematics of the phone, and more skills and parts to be able to remove the parts that work the bands you don't want.

It's a combination of hardware that can't be removed easily and software than can be fiddled with, but maybe at the cost of the phone itself.

Sorry to burst that bubble.
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

Phones:
    Nokia 5160-> Nokia 3100-> Nokia 3220-> Treo 650 Unlocked(modded ROM)-> Treo 680 Unlocked(modded ROM #8 within 15 minutes of receiving the box)-> Treo Pro(hacked as well)
    I got the FW and ROM 2.11 (TomTastic's version) to work. I have a Treo 680 on T-mobile, mms works everything is jolly. No freezes no absurd activity as of yet. Been using the phone for 5 hours now.
    MFB, TomTastic, jamesgangut and all others:
    Thank you all for your hard work!
    Thanks for your reply, Tomtastic & Deceptitech!

Look, I really don't wanna to 'disassemble' the phone or the SO, but if there is some file to put in RAM and can configure the phone to ignore a 850 Mhz, I really like.

This problem happen with every Treos since 600, selled or no in Brazil, but we no has this problem before because no one operator was using a 850Mhz GSM until this last year (before, was using in a CDMA network).

Well, was when the operator begun to use this frequencie that all problems begun, too.

In a Treo 650, when I do a Soft Reset the network phone go directly 'Auto' and, after configure to use a 900/1800 Mhz, no have problem until the next soft reset. Only If I do a Soft or Hard Reset, the network configuration go back to 'Auto', and have problems because always find the 850/1900 Mhz first. When I only turn off and turn on the phone, the Treo 650 continue configured to use a 900/1800 Mhz. I no find signal, they continue on and searching until find, without freeze or turn off the phone.

In a Treo 680, when I do a Soft Reset, the network phone go directly 'Auto' and I have to configure to use a 900/1800 Mhz too, but... when I turn off and turn on the phone, the network configuration go back to 'Auto', and have problems to connect to network again, because find the 850/190 Mhz too. But is worst: when the Treo 680 no find signal, turn off and turn on automatically, losting the networking configuration and have a signal problems. Well, there is two extras colateral effects: everytime, the Treo 'freeze' everytime for some seconds trying to find signal; and if the Simcard have a password (PIN), the Treo Phone stay 'locked' until the user type the code.
    Here in Brazil, everybody disable a Simlock in Treos 680.

What I'm really asking is:

=> To the Treo 680 phone no turn off and turn on when no find a network;
    => To the Treo 680 (or 650, too) maintain the Network configuration after a Soft Reset;
    => Disable a 850/1900 Mhz searching;

I believe that is possible to create some file to install in a RAM, that disable a 850/1900 Mhz searching; solve this problem with turn off / turn on when no have signal and maintain the Network configuration after Soft Reset;

Only a last comment: is fantastic that the Palm Brazil no has passed this situation to Palm Inc. The Treo 680 has a low market in Brazil only because this!

Thanks again

Best Regards...
    Last edited by Rnp; 01/14/2008 at 08:56 AM.