Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1377
    Hey guys, what happens when I install the official ATT Update on an unlocked GSM Version Treo 680? Is it locked afterwards? Or is it just full of apps that I can't use? Also how can I change the keyboard keys Z and Y? The Custom ROM has seemed to give me a QWERTY keyboard instead of QWERTZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    Nuts.

I'm not averse to begging so if you have a spare buck, I'm saving for a new one :
    http://www.chipin.com/mywidgets/id/4b04e4c35ba2ec2f

unhappily,
    -- tomtastic
    Alright I added in. James, if you set something up I'm still in. MFB be careful seems like a lot of them are bricking --- Thanks for the work on the 680's. Happy Holidays
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Hello??? Please someone help me on my issue in the post above. I am waiting frantically....:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertrandgolf View Post
    Hey guys, what happens when I install the official ATT Update on an unlocked GSM Version Treo 680? Is it locked afterwards? Or is it just full of apps that I can't use? Also how can I change the keyboard keys Z and Y? The Custom ROM has seemed to give me a QWERTY keyboard instead of QWERTZ.
    The updates do not change the GSM provider locks at all, if it was locked before it'll stay locked and if unlocked before it'll still be unlocked afterwards.

Depending on which custom ROM you choose there may indeed be a couple of applications you cannot use on Verizon (if thats your carrier).

Not sure how you'd change the keyboard layout from QWERTY. Have you tried searching the forums?

regards, tomtastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Alright I added in. James, if you set something up I'm still in. MFB be careful seems like a lot of them are bricking --- Thanks for the work on the 680's. Happy Holidays
    Thankyou very much indeed
    Hope you have a very happy new year!
    Thanks for your input, Tomtastic. I use T-Mobile here in Germany. My question also is, will the official ATT update work on GSM Unlocked 680?
    Thanks for your input, Tomtastic. I use T-Mobile here in Germany. My question also is, will the official ATT update work on GSM Unlocked 680?
    Yes when using the modified ROMs.
    I also use it on my unlocked device on a Proximus and Base network.
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Just wanted to thank everyone for their help. This is a stellar site.

Now running. 2.11 on my tmobile Treo 680.

w00t
  9.    #989  
    Why not buy a replacement screen or digitizer, I hear they aren't too expensive over in the US?

Or are you planning on buying a different device ?

How much do you want for the motherboard ?
    I ended up with 2 broken 680's I have combined the parts together to make one working one that my son is using. I am using a 750 as my main device now so I don;t think I need yet another backup phone (still have a 650). Now that I have my son's 680 working I will be able to get a couple more ROMs made. I was thinking $55 plus shipping for the board. That is what the 650 boards have been going for.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Ok I found out how to get my QWERTZ keyboard back. I had to go back to the original ROM. I guess I will have to wait till the official ROM update from Palm comes out. The custom ROMs were nice to try out but doesn't help me much with a German keyboard. Does anyone know when they will be releasing this new update? AT&T has had 2 now and we paid more for ours without a coverage plan. Thats just a bit unfair....:-(
    Ok I found out how to get my QWERTZ keyboard back. I had to go back to the original ROM. I guess I will have to wait till the official ROM update from Palm comes out. The custom ROMs were nice to try out but doesn't help me much with a German keyboard. Does anyone know when they will be releasing this new update? AT&T has had 2 now and we paid more for ours without a coverage plan. Thats just a bit unfair....:-(
    You know, it's probable that you can substitute one of the ROM files in the custom ROMs with one from your original ROMs and retain your QWERTZ keyboard mapping. Might be interesting to figure out, I'll take a look over the next few days.

Do you select German localizations when you setup your Treo?
    Last edited by tomtastic; 01/01/2008 at 11:13 AM.
    Yes I do use German localizations. Thanks for your help. Like I said - I will wait for Palm to release an official update. The new custom update really doesn't meet my needs. I was hoping for 4GB SD card support but didn't seem to work. And I thought Instant Messaging would be cool to have installed in the ROM but MundoIM does the trick for me. Cheers mate
    I was hoping for 4GB SD card support but didn't seem to work.
    Surely you mean 8GB?
    Surely you mean 8GB?
    Of course 4G SD have always worked, even 8G SD. 8G SDHC did not iirc, but might now?
    No 4GB support, because when I insert it, it shows up but then after a few on&offs, I lose it alot. With a 2GB it works indefinately.
    I was hoping for 4GB SD card support but didn't seem to work.
    Hi bertrandgolf,

4Gig SD Card should not be a problem with the "old" ROM, because 16 GB SDHC (Transcend) doesn´t make any problem - you can read about in nexave.de.
    But, how did you go back to your old ROM after patching it?

Deerhunter
    No 4GB support, because when I insert it, it shows up but then after a few on&offs, I lose it alot. With a 2GB it works indefinately.
    Is this 4GB SDHC or 4GB plain old SD?

I had been using a 4GB card since I first got my 680 and it worked perfectly (a Transcend 150x plain SD card which I formatted to 32kb cluster size). I'd suggest it's a problem with your card and not with the ROM, perhaps worth formatting it with 16 or 32kb clusters to see if it improves the situation (reports indicate this improves the speed of cards of 4GB and over anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Here they are you need to delete the files first then copy these in place.
    what's the file name that I need to delete? Thanks.
    (question above is in regards to getting rid of the AT &T welcome and adding the Palm Welcome screen)
    Delete the files of the same (or similar, I can't remember which now) name as those posted in #23 by James:

sysPowerOffSplashCache-PmTU.pdb
    sysPowerOnSplashCache-PmTU.pdb

then install the two files in post #23 to RAM.

Another alternative is Skinner for the 680 (http://skinner.79bmedia.com/index.php?treo=680), which gives you a number of very cool splashes you can choose from, as well as phone application/dialpad skins.