Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
    I'm also getting error messages after trying to start up MyTreo (I downloaded latest from Palm directly from my Treo). Which is a drag, because the hard reset and update left me without versamail, DTG, and world clock. I could probably(?) grab those apps by doing a full restore of my Palm folder, but I've been holding off on doing the full restore because there's lots of old crud in that folder (per http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...69#post1390869 )

Search this thread -- the files for Versamail, DTG and World Clock are all posted here.
    woops, meant to say not getting MMS's. I AM getting texts. And since I so rarely get MSS's, I think I'll stay as-is and hope Palm issues a fix before too long. Of course, that fix will undoubtedly include fresh bugs....
  3.    #943  
    woops, meant to say not getting MMS's. I AM getting texts. And since I so rarely get MSS's, I think I'll stay as-is and hope Palm issues a fix before too long. Of course, that fix will undoubtedly include fresh bugs....
    Earlier in this thread I think you said you went to 1.09. MMS does not work on Tmo with 1.09. you have to use 1.04 or 2.11 for MMS to work with Tmo. Also you should not need to manually enter any config information on the 680 with any version of the rom. All you need to do is turn on the radio and it will read the information off your sim.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I have a treo 680 without camera and I just upgraded to the palm posted att 2.11 rom.
    Phone info
    firmware R01.91
    software treo680-2.11-att
    hardware A

The phone works great a lot faster too. I just want to get rid of the new IM and Push to talk, mobitv,get *, express mail, wired csar kit, and the other junk I done use. Is this the custom with apps at the very fist posting in this thread? I have followed the instructions for making your own rom and I bricked two phones! I just want a clue if this would be a good thing for me to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by coradodriver View Post
    I have a treo 680 without camera and I just upgraded to the palm posted att 2.11 rom.
    Phone info
    firmware R01.91
    software treo680-2.11-att
    hardware A

The phone works great a lot faster too. I just want to get rid of the new IM and Push to talk, mobitv,get *, express mail, wired csar kit, and the other junk I done use. Is this the custom with apps at the very fist posting in this thread? I have followed the instructions for making your own rom and I bricked two phones! I just want a clue if this would be a good thing for me to do.
    use either tomtastic's stripped (just basic palm apps) or MFB's maxcache (only essentials loaded).
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Chowhound, if you're on T-Mobile and went to one of the 1.09 Custom ROMs, you may experience the same problem many others on T-Mobile have posted here -- you may not be able to received MMS messages. If you find that to be so, consider going back to James' 1.04 custom ROM from the first post, or go to one of the new 2.11 custom ROMs posted by James, Tomtastic and MFB. If you do the 2.11 update, make sure you do the Firmware update first (if you haven't already), in accordance with the instructions, then do the ROM update.

Also, when you restore from backup after doing a 2.11 ROM update and hard reset, you should NOT restore certain files, including CarrierProfiles2, NetworkProfiles2, and, if you did the security and battery patches and those files were still in your RAM prior to the update, then don't restore CameraLib-camL, HsNav, HsNav_enUS and Temp Install Data.
    Hi ChristieC,
    I have follow your way. Back to 1.04ROW and then doing the 2.11 upgrade successfully. I have no problem with the MMS that was wrong in 1.09ROW.
    However, I have problem using the button to lauch the messaging app. I have checked the Pref.->Default App. The email and messaging are assigned to Messaging. Is there any way to use the button again to launch the messaging App.

Also, I have finished the firmware and ROM update to 2.11. If I don't use the restore program to reinstall, should I install the camera and other Palm fix updates? Thanks for your kindly reply.

* I was too silly that I found out it could be modified on the very buttom of the Pref. page.....
    Last edited by chihming; 12/24/2007 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chihming View Post
    Hi ChristieC,
    I have follow your way. Back to 1.04ROW and then doing the 2.11 upgrade successfully. I have no problem with the MMS that was wrong in 1.09ROW.
    However, I have problem using the button to lauch the messaging app. I have checked the Pref.->Default App. The email and messaging are assigned to Messaging. Is there any way to use the button again to launch the messaging App.

Also, I have finished the firmware and ROM update to 2.11. If I don't use the restore program to reinstall, should I install the camera and other Palm fix updates? Thanks for your kindly reply.

I'm baffled by your button problem, because I have not experienced it. My Messaging button maps just fine to the Messaging app. I wasn't completely clear what you were saying you checked under Prefs above, so just to be sure, did you go into Prefs>Buttons and confirm that the Messaging button is assigned to "Messaging"? If so, I don't have a clue what's going wrong for you.

As for your second question, no you should not install the camera and other Palm fix updates, because those were all included within the 2.11 update and reinstalling them will surely take up more space unnecessarily, and also may cause conflicts.
    I'm baffled by your button problem, because I have not experienced it. My Messaging button maps just fine to the Messaging app. I wasn't completely clear what you were saying you checked under Prefs above, so just to be sure, did you go into Prefs>Buttons and confirm that the Messaging button is assigned to "Messaging"? If so, I don't have a clue what's going wrong for you.

As for your second question, no you should not install the camera and other Palm fix updates, because those were all included within the 2.11 update and reinstalling them will surely take up more space unnecessarily, and also may cause conflicts.
    Thanks for your quickly reply. After fiddling around for a while, I found out it should be the Button not the Default app....I was out of my mind.
    Christie, thanks, you're a godsend. One more question:

I've got an unlocked Treo 680 using TMO. I don't care about MMS. Weirdly (I think?) I've got software 1.09-ROW, but firmware R01.34

Should I update the firmware?
  10.    #950  
    Christie, thanks, you're a godsend. One more question:

I've got an unlocked Treo 680 using TMO. I don't care about MMS. Weirdly (I think?) I've got software 1.09-ROW, but firmware R01.34

Should I update the firmware?
    1.09 and R01.34 are the correct pair.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I have installed "Custom Unbranded with apps: DTG, Ptunes, VersMail included." - all workd GOOD!
    My phone is much more fast now.
    Thanks to all how made possible this upgrade for unbranded (ROW) phones.
    I live in Germany and may want to sell my Treo. I updated to the custom Firmware and ROM. How can I go back to original ROM and Firmware, where it asks me which language? I may just wait till I get the original update, which is supposed to be coming this next month.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I've updated my Treo 680 (ATT branded unlocked) using stripped version of the 2.11 ROM with Versamail (Thanks to Sergio!). Everything works superb now. Phone app works faster, as well as combination of background applications (I am using pTunes+JICQ(version of ICQ IM client) and Opera mini. I just have small problem - after update my DbCache was segmented into 2 big pieces - 16383 kb / out of 32943 kb total. After Hard Reset memory in DbCache is still fragmented by the same way. What can I do to have it back to one big piece? I know there is small program Memory Unfragment, written by Dmitry Grinberg, which helps in this case. But it was written not specifically for Treo, but for other Palm handhelds. Is it safe to use it? I know that this fragmentation can be caused by Blazer (it uses memory, but after it's cache is being cleared, corresponding memory regions still assigned as being in use by blazer). Is there any suggestions to resolve this issue? Thank you all in advance!
    I've never seen it, in any version, not fragmented a bit. Probably because there is something in memory that stays there. Having 16000 is actually quite good, I think.
    Search this thread -- the files for Versamail, DTG and World Clock are all posted here.

I found worldclock and voice memo on page 44. But exhaustive searching won't turn up versamail. Anyway to install VM from my original palm cd without undoing any of the goodness I've created in the past few days?

DTG is cool, as there was a separate installer for it on my Treo CD.......and it's working (though datavision's installer is having trouble upgrading me to latest version...says it can't connect, though internet's fine on my treo)...
    Last edited by Chowhound; 12/25/2007 at 09:54 PM.
    Dirk, thanks a million. I raked and raked thru the thread, not sure how I missed it.

Ok, I restored those files to Treo, and the thing started looping continuous reboots. I've hard reset and restored from backup , and will do without VM until I can figure out what's wrong.

FWIW, I did not at any point put custom ROM on the SD card (I updated via web updater), so it's not THAT looping issue....
    Last edited by Chowhound; 12/26/2007 at 01:48 PM.
    Quick questions:

1. Anyone know why after the update (custom unbranded 2.11), the available memory in RAM goes from 69 to 66mb?

2. Whats with all the addit files on the RAM? Is it safe to delete it all or is it vital to the system?? Just asking because it was not there before the update nor on the 1.09 updates.

3. Will we get a full custome lineup of the ROMS as previously? I need to get more off the device, but not as drastic as Tomtastics version...

But the device is running a lot faster than before, and happy to report that MMS is still working!!!
  18.    #959  
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutTreo View Post
    Quick questions:

1. Anyone know why after the update (custom unbranded 2.11), the available memory in RAM goes from 69 to 66mb?

2. Whats with all the addit files on the RAM? Is it safe to delete it all or is it vital to the system?? Just asking because it was not there before the update nor on the 1.09 updates.

3. Will we get a full custome lineup of the ROMS as previously? I need to get more off the device, but not as drastic as Tomtastics version...

But the device is running a lot faster than before, and happy to report that MMS is still working!!!
    1. Updater changed the partition size, nothing we can do about it.
    2. Just delete them.
    3. My 680 was rendered unusable (shattered screen) I am not sure if I am going to fix it or part it out. So I don;t have anything to test with at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    3. My 680 was rendered unusable (shattered screen) I am not sure if I am going to fix it or part it out. So I don;t have anything to test with at the moment.

If we all threw in $10, you could get a new unbranded one. I'd certainly be willing....a fine self-centered investment in having you continue to tweak this stuff. Anyone else?