Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
    Has anyone gone from the 1.04 FW to 2.11 FW?
    I have a unlocked att phone with the 1.04FW.
    thanks
    Im so happy. Yesterday I updated my ROW 1.04, with de CUST1, th only modificantion I had to do was in the file "packageversion.txt.pdb"; after that the procedure completed succefull!!!. Thanks to MFB and all the guys.
    Firmware: R01.34
    Software: Treo 680-1.09-ROW
    CC-Cap: 000-XXX-000
    Carrier DB: 292
    Hardware: A
    Ok, i fixed my problem... the custom 2.11 rom is stable so far. Thanks for the hard work guys in providing the roms. My 680 rocks!
    Any benefits to the basic phone from the FW upgrade?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Version 2.11
    Use at your own risk!!!

1- Backup your data. Use Backupman or similar.
    2- Get an SD card prepared. Empty is best.
    3- Plugin the power to your unit. Not a car charger, or combo sync power cable, usb cable etc. MUST BE THE AC CHARGER.
    4- Using an SD card adapter copy the three folders to your SD card. Firmware, PALM and ROM
    5- Get a 3rd party software app like Resco Explorer or FileZ. Copy it to the palm/launcher folder of the SD card.
    6- Turn off radio, Insert SD card.
    7- Use the specific instructions for which proceedure you are performing. Remember to get the full update both must be run.

Firmware (only needs to be done once, not everytime you try a new ROM)
    A- Run 3rd party app to copy the contents of the Firmware folder to RAM. (See app instructions for help). Exit app.
    B- Making sure the power is plugged in locate the GSM FW App. Run it, it should give you update: R01.91. If so tap "Update Now".
    C- It will reset when done.

ROM
    A- Run 3rd party app to copy the contents of the ROM folder to RAM. (See
    app instructions for help). Exit app.
    B- Making sure the power is plugged in locate the Romupdater app. (SD Card catagory) Run it.
    C- type low then hit enter/return. It will update the ROM. When it is done it will tell you it is done and to hard reset.
    D- Hard reset, restore data.

Full ROM:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/31862725...ified=e992fa47

Custom Unbranded with apps: DTG, Ptunes, VersMail included.
    http://www.4shared.com/file/32007720...ified=e992fa47

Stripped Unbranded version By tomtastic:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/31981041...d-ROM-211.html
    Following the instructions above:

I ran both the Firmware update and used tomtastics's Stripped Unbranded ROM, not realizing that Versimail and Ptunes was not in the image.

I downloaded the Custom Unbranded with apps, but when running it, after typing low and hitting enter, I'm getting a error message:

Low MaxOS Size:0x02100000
    Low BinFS Size: 0x02400000
    Checking os file size (/ROM/low-palmos.zip)...
    Error: Can't open file low-palmos.zip!

The update just stops.

Here's my Unlocked GSM phone info:

Firmware: R01.91
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ROW
    CC-Cap: 000-000-001
    Carrier DB: 510

Hope someone can help with this error.
    Last edited by OrgPalmGuy; 12/21/2007 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrgPalmGuy View Post
    Following the instructions above:

I ran both the Firmware update and used tomtastics's Stripped Unbranded ROM, not realizing that Versimail and Ptunes was not in the image.

I downloaded the Custom Unbranded with apps, but when running it, after typing low and hitting enter, I'm getting a error message:

Low MaxOS Size:0x02100000
    Low BinFS Size: 0x02400000
    Checking os file size (/ROM/low-palmos.zip)...
    Error: Can't open file low-palmos.zip!

The update just stops.

Here's my Unlocked GSM phone info:

Firmware: R01.91
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ROW
    CC-Cap: 000-000-001

Hope someone can help with this error.

Are the files copied to ram?
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    I succeed with 1.09 but I cannot with 2.11
    The update is very fast so I think it is not appening!

Why?
  8.    #928  
    Quote Originally Posted by enotar View Post
    I succeed with 1.09 but I cannot with 2.11
    The update is very fast so I think it is not appening!

Why?
    What makes you think it is not happening? If you are looking at the version token it is not going to change. It is faster because the firmware is what takes the most time and you only need to do that once. Make sure you read through all the instructions.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jedifox View Post
    Are the files copied to ram?
    All the files were extracted onto a 1 gig SD card. This same card was used without any problems for the first update.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrgPalmGuy View Post
    All the files were extracted onto a 1 gig SD card. This same card was used without any problems for the first update.
    part of the instructions call for you to manually copy the sd card files to the ram first before updating rom.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    What makes you think it is not happening? If you are looking at the version token it is not going to change. It is faster because the firmware is what takes the most time and you only need to do that once. Make sure you read through all the instructions.
    I finaly understood & it works pefect!
    The only pb is that when I restore my backup my phone does not work anymore (no service) & I followed the instructions about some files not to restore;I think there is more files that screwup the settings as the phone works well before restoring the backup.

Thank you for your help

enotar
    Sry, I'm a little lost with all the FW updates. I have the 1.04 FW. Unlocked 680 on Tmobile. Which update is for me?
    thanks
    Oh, crap....tmoweb is hosed for me after doing this update. Can't connect.

I created a new "tmoweb" service in network prefs
    connection: GPRS
    username: blank
    password: blank
    APN: wap.voicestream.com

blazer set to proxy: 216.155.165.50 port 8080

I get "error: incomplete setup. please check your network settings (0x121A)"

Can anyone please help? I've tried with password unassigned as well as password of one space (suggested in an old thread).
    stupid crazy damned thing.

I entered a space for username as well as a space for password, and it connected.

Argh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
    Oh, crap....tmoweb is hosed for me after doing this update. Can't connect.

I created a new "tmoweb" service in network prefs
    connection: GPRS
    username: blank
    password: blank
    APN: wap.voicestream.com

blazer set to proxy: 216.155.165.50 port 8080

I get "error: incomplete setup. please check your network settings (0x121A)"

Can anyone please help? I've tried with password unassigned as well as password of one space (suggested in an old thread).

What update did you do?
    Just did the FW upgrade. phone still says 1.04?????? Ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    What update did you do?
    from 1.04 ROW to 1.09-ROW
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Just did the FW upgrade. phone still says 1.04?????? Ideas?
    I think you're getting confused about Firmware and Software. The FW should be 1.91 after the latest update. With respect to the 1.04 Software not changing, James covered this in the first few posts after he developed the Custom ROM when the 2.11 update was made available. He set it it up so that the values for the 1.04-ROW (or 1.09-ROW, if you had done that update) wouldn't change, so that you could do later updates, particularly if an unlocked update version were released, without getting incompatibility errors.

Also, you may recall that the 1.09-ROW Custom ROM update messes up receipt of MMS messages for those of us on T-Mobile. Before the 2.11 update came out, James did a couple of Custom ROMs taking us back to the 1.04-ROW tokens so that we could get MMS again.

So, running the FW update would leave you at Software version 1.04-ROW. If you do a ROM update, I advise (please chime in James, Tomtastic or MFB if I'm wrong) that you do one of the 2.11 custom ROMS developed by James, and further stripped by Tomtastic and MFB (and not the 1.09 update, which could screw up your MMS).

I've done probably 12 reflashes of my ROM so far. Most recently, I did the FW update and Tomatastic's stripped ROM right after the guys started posting them. Last night, I did MFB's Max-DB Cache ROM because I wanted to get rid of the Voice Memo (I use CallRec) and Wired Car Kit. MMS messages work great with both of those versions and I'm now running VersaMail, DTG, PTunes, Clock and Calculator in my RAM.

My Phone Info after the latest udate is:

Firmware: RO1.91
    Software: TREO680-1.04-ROW
    CC-Cap: 000-000-000
    Quote Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
    from 1.04 ROW to 1.09-ROW

Chowhound, if you're on T-Mobile and went to one of the 1.09 Custom ROMs, you may experience the same problem many others on T-Mobile have posted here -- you may not be able to received MMS messages. If you find that to be so, consider going back to James' 1.04 custom ROM from the first post, or go to one of the new 2.11 custom ROMs posted by James, Tomtastic and MFB. If you do the 2.11 update, make sure you do the Firmware update first (if you haven't already), in accordance with the instructions, then do the ROM update.

Also, when you restore from backup after doing a 2.11 ROM update and hard reset, you should NOT restore certain files, including CarrierProfiles2, NetworkProfiles2, and, if you did the security and battery patches and those files were still in your RAM prior to the update, then don't restore CameraLib-camL, HsNav, HsNav_enUS and Temp Install Data.
    Last edited by ChristieC; 12/23/2007 at 09:46 AM.
    Thanks, Christie, yeah, I'm not getting text messages.

FWIW, I did not restore CarrierProfiles2, NetworkProfiles2 after the upgrade.

I'm also getting error messages after trying to start up MyTreo (I downloaded latest from Palm directly from my Treo). Which is a drag, because the hard reset and update left me without versamail, DTG, and world clock. I could probably(?) grab those apps by doing a full restore of my Palm folder, but I've been holding off on doing the full restore because there's lots of old crud in that folder (per http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...69#post1390869 )
    Last edited by Chowhound; 12/23/2007 at 03:42 PM. Reason: typo