Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    Neither I nor MFB left Addit in our ROM's, that was jaytee's mistake.
    Thank you very much for clearing that out! Time to prepare my Treo for yet another flashed ROM... :-)
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Treo 680 Crimson GSM unlocked
    Transcend 8Gb Class 6 SDHC card
    iBlue SIRF-III Bluetooth GPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptitech View Post
    The Max DB cache ROM for 2.11 in post 3 is perfect. Although as an AT&T user with the unlocked phone I had to grab the IM chat client from another rom.

I use it because it stripped out everything I don't need, like the wired car kit program.
    You use the IM? Do you mind reporting on it in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=157896
    Neither I nor MFB left Addit in our ROM's, that was jaytee's mistake.
    Ohhh... you are right! They are all from my backup. I got rid of all the obvious Addit files as well as removing the MyTreo app. Can I remove all the Bmsy creator tagged files?
    Hello everybody. Im from Argentina and my english is not very well. I need a custom ROM in spanish for my Treo 680:
    Firmware: MW01.50
    Software: TREO 680-1.04-ROW
    Carrier DB: 355
    Hardware: A.
    Thanks!!!!
    Just did the stripped update for my unlocked 680..it seemed to go really really fast so i was worried, but so far, no problems. I've sent a MMS (and it was received across the room!), and am about to restore some of my apps from my SD card. This gives me a good chance to get rid of some of the crap i previously had stored anyways!

Thanks again
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    tried three
    - PALM-ROM-2.11 MAXDBCACHE.zip
    - Treo680-211-ATT-cust ROM.zip
    - 680-Unbranded-ROM-2.11.zip

my phone hang once after finish a call. Any suggestions ?
    Last edited by i1fang; 12/19/2007 at 03:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by i1fang View Post
    tried three
    - PALM-ROM-2.11 MAXDBCACHE.zip
    - Treo680-211-ATT-cust ROM.zip
    - 680-Unbranded-ROM-2.11.zip

my phone hang once after finish a call. Any suggestions ?
    Update firmware first before rom.
    I am not happy with the latest AT&T ROM update. It seems to have slowed down my Treo somewhat and the added applications are worthless to me. I am just about ready to dive into this, but I still have some concerns. Has anyone actually bricked their Treo by doing this? Thanks.

Also, if I use one of the stripped down ROMs, can I just restore my latest NVBackup? Would that cause any problems. Or is it recommended that the apps be restored manually? I apologize if this has been covered, I did some scanning of this thread and didn't see my questions answered anywhere, but it is over 40 pages . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by rickstreo View Post
    I am not happy with the latest AT&T ROM update. It seems to have slowed down my Treo somewhat and the added applications are worthless to me. I am just about ready to dive into this, but I still have some concerns. Has anyone actually bricked their Treo by doing this? Thanks.

Also, if I use one of the stripped down ROMs, can I just restore my latest NVBackup? Would that cause any problems. Or is it recommended that the apps be restored manually? I apologize if this has been covered, I did some scanning of this thread and didn't see my questions answered anywhere, but it is over 40 pages . . .
    Yes. And there will always be cases of bricked Treo's when people start flashing new customised software onto them. If you are unsure in any way of what you are doing, then I say leave it well alone. There is no bootloader available to use to recover the 680's, so beware. Palm won't like repairing your device due to a custom flash ROM, and if you're out of warranty, it's about 120 standard charge to get Palm to repair it.

On the up side, many people have had success flashing the provided custom ROMs in this thread.

If you're still keen on going ahead anyway, make sure you have your charger plugged in and aren't likely to suffer a power cut during the proceedure. Read all the instructions available and be sure you've understood them before you begin.
    Hi guys,

is there any way to QWERTZ support in 2.11?

Thanks,

Philipp
    The Max DB cache ROM for 2.11 in post 3 is perfect. Although as an AT&T user with the unlocked phone I had to grab the IM chat client from another rom.

I use it because it stripped out everything I don't need, like the wired car kit program.
    How do you do this? I want to do the Max DB cache ROM, and run versamail, IM app, Doc to go, and ptunes in RAM.

Where do you get them and how?
    If you're still keen on going ahead anyway, make sure you have your charger plugged in and aren't likely to suffer a power cut during the proceedure. Read all the instructions available and be sure you've understood them before you begin.
    Thanks! Before I get started, I can't find where to put the 4 files from post#5 in the updated ROM package.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlyons View Post
    How do you do this? I want to do the Max DB cache ROM, and run versamail, IM app, Doc to go, and ptunes in RAM.

Where do you get them and how?
    How do I do what? There are some nice programs to open ROMs like the ROM tool. Just need to experiment and know what you're doing.

Or make sure you are using someone else's phone in case you brick it. But I haven't bricked my phone, and I don't have a friend who will let me beta test with his phone. I am a mad scientist, he's a mechanical engineer. He knows my theories are good, but doesn't want to be a guinnea pig. If you want, IM me, or drop me an email and I'll get you the other programs you want on it.
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

Phones:
    Nokia 5160-> Nokia 3100-> Nokia 3220-> Treo 650 Unlocked(modded ROM)-> Treo 680 Unlocked(modded ROM #8 within 15 minutes of receiving the box)-> Treo Pro(hacked as well)
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    How do I do what? There are some nice programs to open ROMs like the ROM tool. Just need to experiment and know what you're doing.

Or make sure you are using someone else's phone in case you brick it. But I haven't bricked my phone, and I don't have a friend who will let me beta test with his phone. I am a mad scientist, he's a mechanical engineer. He knows my theories are good, but doesn't want to be a guinnea pig. If you want, IM me, or drop me an email and I'll get you the other programs you want on it.
    Is RomTool working with Treo 680?
    I had the impression that it works with Treo 650 & that's it!
    In case "yes" could it work with a GSM 680?
    I am in mexico & I dont think Palm Mexico know how to fix in case I brick it!

Tkz for the help

enotar
    I did the update using the set with DTG/Ptunes/Versa but after i completed the update, whenever i try to sync it resets my treo. Has anyone experienced this? Please help... Thanks in advance...

Here's my phone info:

Firmware: R01.91
    Software: Treo680-2.11-ATT
    Carrier DB: 510
    Hardware: A
    Hi... I'm new to all this custom ROM stuff. I have an At&t 680 (1.09) mobile. Can I "custom ROM" my treo ? thanks
    Well, I dove into this! I had already installed the "official" AT&T rom update so none of the phone info changed:

Firmware: R01.91
    Software: Treo680-2.11-ATT
    Carrier DB: 510
    Hardware: A

Everything sure seems working just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    How to?. I do the update for my phone?:
    Firmware: MW01.50
    Software: TREO 680-1.04-ROW
    Carrier DB: 355
    Hardware: A.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Thank you! it works.
    I didnt open my eyes wide enough to follow instructions
    When I run the GSM updater, there is no place to click "update now". Any ideas?
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?