Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1377
  1. #881  
    Quote Originally Posted by snolat View Post
    Use it for 2 days. And firmware is good
    Are you running just the new FW or thr ROM too? I would not mind updating the FW, but see no reason to touch my nice custom ROM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2. #882  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Any folks running the new custom ROMs with ZLauncher? Any issues?
    No problem, as per the thread somewhat dedicated to this, but I use LudusP to remap the Green button to Home, then set ZLauncher to be "Default launcher"

    Works exactly like it did before the upgrade for me.
  3. #883  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    Thx MFB for pointing out I'd left in part of Versamail (BGService.bprc,BGService_enUS.oprc) and DTG8(GraphicsLibrary.prc) in my unbranded and stripped ROM.

    I've now removed those and one final piece of branding which I thing has been missed by everyone (only seen during the initial setup after a hard reset).

    It's the same URL on 4shared.com as before so no need for jamesgangut to update the link to it in the 1st post, file size of the download has shrunk marginally to 10,691,116 bytes).
    Hey, see any reason to update to this vs the previous version if it's already on? Minor ROM size change, probably same Heap (looks like we're stuck at 66 right now?).
  4. #884  
    I can't see any reason why really, I wasn't going to bother myself but I'd been playing with a few things ROM related.
  5. #885  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    I can't see any reason why really, I wasn't going to bother myself but I'd been playing with a few things ROM related.
    Cool. If you find any other stuff, or anything better happens, I'll try it. Otherwise I'll leave it alone, it's working great now.
  6. #886  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    You're 90% there
    ...
    Good luck, let us know how it goes!
    Here I am

    The newly created stuff seems to work fine on my Treo: basically it's the Stripped Unbranded plus VersaMail...

    Had only one big issue in restoring my backup with RescoBackup: endless loop after the final soft reset; with a little patience I discovered it's caused by HsExtensions2.0_enUS that was modified to have the SMS autocorrections in Italian but with an English OS and so stored in RAM: it seems that the 2.11 ROM has a slightly modified version of this file, so my "customized" file doesn't work anymore and causes the resets...

    One final question: I haven't restored CarrierProfiles2 and NetworkProfiles2 from the previous backup; now I've got a Carrier DB: 510, is it correct?

    Thanks again!

    Sergio

    PS: trying to put the file on 4shared: registered, uploaded, but following the link I've got I'm stopped with "The file is suspected of illegal or copyrighted content"; any hint?
    Last edited by SergioA; 12/20/2007 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Found the reason of endless reset loops ;-)
  7. Hicks's Avatar
    Posts
    936 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #887  
    Quote Originally Posted by SergioA View Post

    One final question: I haven't restored CarrierProfiles2 and NetworkProfiles2 from the previous backup; now I've got a Carrier DB: 510, is it correct?

    Sergio
    Yup
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

    Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  8. alne's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #888  
    What about RAM size after update (is it still 66 mb instead of 70?) Sergio, please host your rom somethere (f.e. rapidshare.com). I greatly need the one with Versamail. Does it have all settings necessary for ATT network (SMS, Web, MMS), or I have to enter them manually? What I should and what I should't restore from my previous backups (please list). Thank you in advance!!!
  9. gapleki's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #889  
    I Installed MFB MaxDB cache (I'm a fan of MFB's MAXDB Cache)

    The installed went smoothly.

    I didn't see any slowdown at all.

    Thanks all: James, Tom, MFB for making this possible!
  10. #890  
    Quote Originally Posted by alne View Post
    What about RAM size after update (is it still 66 mb instead of 70?) Sergio, please host your rom somethere (f.e. rapidshare.com). I greatly need the one with Versamail. Does it have all settings necessary for ATT network (SMS, Web, MMS), or I have to enter them manually? What I should and what I should't restore from my previous backups (please list). Thank you in advance!!!
    Hi Alne, sorry I can't help that much with your questions, as for the restoring process I restored everything but CarrierProfiles2 and NetworkProfiles2; for your ATT settings, I'm with Vodafone Italy and had not to re-enter any settings...

    Regarding my customized ROM, can't get it to 4shared, drop me a PM and I will send it to you (but USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

    Ciao for now

    Sergio
  11. #891  
    I am having trouble running audible air with the new ROM. Everytime I select subscriptions, i get a reset. Trying to roll back now.

    Roll-back didn't affect the error. It must be something else screwing up my Audible Air subscriptions.. Going back to 2.11
    Last edited by jaytee; 12/17/2007 at 11:20 AM. Reason: more info
  12. #892  
    I noticed that MyTreo is in the stripped version. It fails with the error

    Error loading file - MyTreoGuideCA - Content, record #0.

    Is there any reason to leave the MyTreo app still in ROM? Are there other addit related files that can be removed?
  13. #893  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    I am having trouble running audible air with the new ROM. Everytime I select subscriptions, i get a reset. Trying to roll back now.

    Roll-back didn't affect the error. It must be something else screwing up my Audible Air subscriptions.. Going back to 2.11
    When you say going back to 2.11 does it mean going back to the FULL 2.11 version from the stripped one, is that it?
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Treo 680 Crimson GSM unlocked
    Transcend 8Gb Class 6 SDHC card
    iBlue SIRF-III Bluetooth GPS
  14. #894  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    I noticed that MyTreo is in the stripped version. It fails with the error

    Error loading file - MyTreoGuideCA - Content, record #0.

    Is there any reason to leave the MyTreo app still in ROM? Are there other addit related files that can be removed?
    Is this the stripped 2.11 version?

    Can someone replicate the CUST1 1.09 version with the 2.11 ROM? That would be very nice. :-)
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Treo 680 Crimson GSM unlocked
    Transcend 8Gb Class 6 SDHC card
    iBlue SIRF-III Bluetooth GPS
  15. #895  
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerRJ View Post
    Is this the stripped 2.11 version?

    Can someone replicate the CUST1 1.09 version with the 2.11 ROM? That would be very nice. :-)
    Already done, read the first post in this thread?
  16. #896  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Already done, read the first post in this thread?
    What about post #891 and my question in #893?

    If this is indeed a Cust1 version, how come MyTreo is partially present?

    My Cust1 1.09 ROM does not have MyTreo at all, working or not.

    Just want to be sure this stripped ROM is "fine and dandy" before doing the "ROM flash dance" once again. :-)
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Treo 680 Crimson GSM unlocked
    Transcend 8Gb Class 6 SDHC card
    iBlue SIRF-III Bluetooth GPS
  17. #897  
    the stripped 2.11 still has mytreo and a bunch of addit files... that's the one i fell back (forward) too. I tried both the Cust#1 with 1.09 and the Stripoed with 2.11 with the same effect. I don't think either or them are the reason that my audible air is failing subscriptions. It worked dandy with 1.09 last week. It doesn't work with either 1.09 or 2.11 this week. I suspect operator error somewhere else... ;-)

    4:00 pm - A complete deletion and reinstall of all audible programs and content and everything is working again. Sure seems like the audible air program or prefs got corrupted somewhere along the line. Also looks like the new ROM is not to blame.
    Last edited by jaytee; 12/17/2007 at 03:15 PM.
  18. #898  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    Thx MFB for pointing out I'd left in part of Versamail (BGService.bprc,BGService_enUS.oprc) and DTG8(GraphicsLibrary.prc) in my unbranded and stripped ROM.

    I've now removed those and one final piece of branding which I thing has been missed by everyone (only seen during the initial setup after a hard reset).

    It's the same URL on 4shared.com as before so no need for jamesgangut to update the link to it in the 1st post, file size of the download has shrunk marginally to 10,691,116 bytes).
    Tomtastic, thanks!

    Someone mentioned some MyTreo/AddIt files were left behind. Can you fix that as well, when time allows? I'll wait this before flashing my Treo...
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Treo 680 Crimson GSM unlocked
    Transcend 8Gb Class 6 SDHC card
    iBlue SIRF-III Bluetooth GPS
  19. #899  
    The Max DB cache ROM for 2.11 in post 3 is perfect. Although as an AT&T user with the unlocked phone I had to grab the IM chat client from another rom.

    I use it because it stripped out everything I don't need, like the wired car kit program.
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

    Phones:
    Nokia 5160-> Nokia 3100-> Nokia 3220-> Treo 650 Unlocked(modded ROM)-> Treo 680 Unlocked(modded ROM #8 within 15 minutes of receiving the box)-> Treo Pro(hacked as well)
  20. #900  
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerRJ View Post
    Tomtastic, thanks!

    Someone mentioned some MyTreo/AddIt files were left behind. Can you fix that as well, when time allows? I'll wait this before flashing my Treo...
    Neither I nor MFB left Addit in our ROM's, that was jaytee's mistake.

Posting Permissions