Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Could do with a ROM like custom ROM 2 (ie stripped with Versamail) in the new version 2.11...
    is it possible to put DocsToGo 10 in as well...?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  2.    #862  
    I have the files seperated so I can start making a couple other versions. I have just been swamped. I am hoping to have a minute this weekend to get a couple different option but together.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

So far, so good! I used the minimal from Tomcastic, updated exactly per the instructions, except I did not hard reset before I started, and when the ROM finishes and it says to hard reset, I did not.

I had to delete a bunch of low* files from ram, and 2 GSM updater files, otherwise ram was clean. I went through the list in ZLauncher's file manager to make sure I didn't have any duplicate rom/ram files, deleted one ZLIB that was a duplicate.

No problems so far! I've poked through some of my most used applications, including TomTom and GeoNiche, TakePhone, Agendus, Blazer, Chatter, Verichat, ZLauncher, some misc others.. No problems.

Did a PalmInternals speed test, seems about normal for me.. 180. Yes, I have a bunch of stuff in.

Firmware: R01.91
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ATT
    Carrier DB: 510
    Hardware: A

Thanks guys! If I find any problems, I'll report them here.
    I have further stripped down the 2.11 ROM and its now similar to what I posted previously for 1.09

I also removed the following files previously included in the other uploaded packages. This is also unbranded, similar to Tom and Jamesgangut.

Part of Versamail-
    BGService.bprc
    BGService_enUS.oprc

Part of Docs to Go Version 8
    GraphicsLibrary.prc

Optional Apps in ROM
    Clock.bprc
    Clock_enUS.oprc
    ScientificCalc.bprc
    ScientificCalc_enUS.oprc
    VoicePad.bprc
    VoicePad_enUS.oprc
    WiredCarKit.bprc
    WiredCarKit_enUS.oprc
    WiredCarKit68KApp.prc

Here's the download link: http://www.4shared.com/file/32102549...AXDBCACHE.html

Also attached are the clock and calculator files for those who use them. Just install them in ram. I can post wiredcarkit as well if you guys need it.

I have update post #3 to include the new link.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MFB; 12/16/2007 at 08:05 PM. Reason: I have Updated the Package to remove ATT branding during Quick Set up
    With regards to the Palminternals test, there is a slight slowdown compared to 1.09 Its just minimal, acceptable just as long as it contributes to better power management. : ) My wife's 680 used to get 18, after the update its now 33. No changes were made to what was installed on her treo other than the update.

Compared to 1.09 the messaging, phone , camera and pics video app have updated versions as well. I hope I dont get sms data corruption anymore.

Attached are the clock files to be installed in ROM. I would have put it on the post above but I've reached the limit.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MFB; 12/15/2007 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Also attached are the clock and calculator files for those who use them. Just install them in ram. I can post wiredcarkit as well if you guys need it.

I have update post #3 to include the new link.
    Can you post the clock.prc
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledragon View Post
    I also loaded the firmware and stripped ROM. Thanks so much! Everything else has worked very well so far except for SAG 1.17. I have now lost control of Ptunes from my S9 headset using SAG (e.g. unable to pause or forward etc.). Did anyone else notice this?
    Uninstalled and then reinstalled SAG 1.17. Tested it with the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 headset and again had the same problem. Most likely, SAG does not work properly with the update. I wonder if this is a common problem?
    Use it for 2 days. And firmware is good
    Uninstalled and then reinstalled SAG 1.17. Tested it with the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 headset and again had the same problem. Most likely, SAG does not work properly with the update. I wonder if this is a common problem?
    I have also experienced this with my Plantronics Pulsar 590A. I just sent Softick a bug report.
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    Could it be because Palm have added (or are planning to) A2DP support themselves ?
    http://www.inkhorn.net/site/log/Entr...files/a2dp.jpg
    I think it's just a provisional hidden preferences pane, but as I dont have a A2DP supporting
    headset I can't really test anything. Have you tried setting up / pairing your BT A2DP-supporting
    headset/headphones through the Bluetooth manager pages again as perhaps this would show as a new option?
    Last edited by tomtastic; 12/15/2007 at 10:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fasuin View Post
    Can you post the clock.prc
    Its now at post 865
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptitech View Post
    Where do you see that control?
    In BtManager_enUS.oprc
    It's not a screen that you'll likely be able to navigate to as I think Palm haven't finished whatever is necessary to enable it. Promising that they're obviously looking into setting it up though!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    Could it be because Palm have added (or are planning to) A2DP support themselves ?
    http://www.inkhorn.net/site/log/Entr...files/a2dp.jpg
    I think it's just a provisional hidden preferences pane, but as I dont have a A2DP supporting
    headset I can't really test anything. Have you tried setting your BT A2DP-supporting
    headset/headphones through the Bluetooth manager pages, perhaps this is a new option?
    I am also experiencing that issue with my SAG, but I have no idea where that control is tomtastic.
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

Phones:
    Nokia 5160-> Nokia 3100-> Nokia 3220-> Treo 650 Unlocked(modded ROM)-> Treo 680 Unlocked(modded ROM #8 within 15 minutes of receiving the box)-> Treo Pro(hacked as well)
    In BtManager_enUS.oprc
    It's not a screen that you'll likely be able to navigate to as I think Palm haven't finished whatever is necessary to enable it. Promising that they're obviously looking into setting it up though!
    Oh. Duh, Deceptitech..
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

Phones:
    Nokia 5160-> Nokia 3100-> Nokia 3220-> Treo 650 Unlocked(modded ROM)-> Treo 680 Unlocked(modded ROM #8 within 15 minutes of receiving the box)-> Treo Pro(hacked as well)
    Thx MFB for pointing out I'd left in part of Versamail (BGService.bprc,BGService_enUS.oprc) and DTG8(GraphicsLibrary.prc) in my unbranded and stripped ROM.

I've now removed those and one final piece of branding which I thing has been missed by everyone (only seen during the initial setup after a hard reset).

It's the same URL on 4shared.com as before so no need for jamesgangut to update the link to it in the 1st post, file size of the download has shrunk marginally to 10,691,116 bytes).
    I've now removed those and one final piece of branding which I thing has been missed by everyone (only seen during the initial setup after a hard reset).

What is the final piece of branding? Does it cause any conflicts, or just take up a little extra room?
    Any folks running the new custom ROMs with ZLauncher? Any issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    What is the final piece of branding? Does it cause any conflicts, or just take up a little extra room?
    Its just a logo, not going to cause any conflicts. As far as room is concerned I think we've all got plenty now, looking forward to finding out if jamesgangut can get a different romupdater to increase the storage heap to 70MB though!
    Interesting, I can reset the carrier name and revision tokens to whatever I like, this should make it trivial to fool any sort of future ROM updater version checks
  20.    #880  
    Its just a logo, not going to cause any conflicts. As far as room is concerned I think we've all got plenty now, looking forward to finding out if jamesgangut can get a different romupdater to increase the storage heap to 70MB though!
    All the romupdater app version we have access to are all 66MB free not 70. Bummer.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS