Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    No just follow the new instructions. This alternate way of loading the ROM doesn't check versions.
    Thanks for clarification.
    I just updated my Treo680. If it's stable, I'll update my wife's Treo as well.

Thanks again!!!
    3Com PalmPilot Personal > Handspring Visor Deluxe > Palm Tungsten T > PalmOne Tungsten T5 > PalmOne Treo650

Current Device: Palm Treo 680 w/1.12 Cust1 ROM, 4GB SDHC, GlobalSAT GPS Receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    I tested palminternals with the full ATT UPDATE & got 40 seconds. The custom I made the other day get 20 seconds. previously it was just 2 seconds with the old rom.
    I don't think quoting these benchmark figures from PalmInternals is too useful unless you really notice a perceptible difference in real life usage.

Better to use PalmInternals many features to help diagnose why a particular Treo is running slow (for example many hede/hvch/hpps notifications), rather than to run its speed test alone and then perhaps convince yourself a Treo is fast or slow based on the result.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    I don't think quoting these benchmark figures from PalmInternals is too useful unless you really notice a perceptible difference in real life usage.

Better to use PalmInternals many features to help diagnose why a particular Treo is running slow (for example many hede/hvch/hpps notifications), rather than to run its speed test alone and then perhaps convince yourself a Treo is fast or slow based on the result.
    There's no difference if its on an empty treo. However when I restore from backup, its lagging a bit compared to before. As I previously mentioned, the slight slowdown might be due to Palm's effort to improve battery life. I used Palminternals to find out why there was increased response time with my treo.
    Had some problems restoring from an earlier made backup (both with NVBackup and BackupMan -> reset loop).
    I decided to go for Spring Time cleaning since I figured I already had way too much junk in my preferences anyhow
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Could do with a ROM like custom ROM 2 (ie stripped with Versamail) in the new version 2.11...
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Thanks James, Tomtastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Could do with a ROM like custom ROM 2 (ie stripped with Versamail) in the new version 2.11...
    Hi!

I'm trying to do that, by extracting all the Custom Unbranded files with RomTool and inserting the needed VersaMail files into the Stripped version, but I've got some problems...

So here it is my question for the Gurus... I've successfully created the "low-palmos.zip" and its md5 checksum, but when I run rexx32.exe to split the sections for the ROM updater I've got the following error:

<<
    C:\scratch>rexx32.exe zip2pdb.rex
    in = low-palmos.zip
    len = 9418660
    Wrong low-palmos.zip.
    File size must be more than 10485760 and less then 12582912 bytes.
    >>

Any suggestions?

Thanks and Ciao!

Sergio

PS: maybe I better wait for it to be done by jamesgangut or tomtastic, to whom I say a great THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK, just trying to help...
    Quote Originally Posted by SergioA View Post
    So here it is my question for the Gurus... I've successfully created the "low-palmos.zip" and its md5 checksum, but when I run rexx32.exe to split the sections for the ROM updater I've got the following error: File size must be more than 10485760 and less then 12582912 bytes.
    You're 90% there, it's mainly my fault that you're stuck with that error, I never bothered to clean up the rexx code and it's expecting your ROM to be slightly larger than it is (see the '5' on a line by itself in the output, thats the number of HACKSPLIT sections the rexx code will generate), you'll need to change line 7 of zip2pdb.rex to "if filnum<>5 then do". It's not a long term fix, and I'm not in any real hurry to look at updating it for the long term as these ROM updates come out so rarely

Good luck, let us know how it goes!
    Last edited by tomtastic; 12/14/2007 at 10:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    Your 90% there
    Good luck, let us know how it goes!
    Thanks tomtastic, I will give it a try!!!

Am I right in assuming that all the other low-xxx files are to be left untouched (only the low-palmos ones contain the rom image)?

Ciao!

Sergio
    Yep.
    I loaded the firmware and stripped rom and noticed a strange thing. Everything else seems fine, (updated firmware version), all my data loaded correctly, but when I go to the phone app and select the About option, my phone resets.

I don't think it's anything major, but wonder if anyone else is having this. (I'm on T-Mobile).
    Plus one. Been running the 1.09 version of this and have been a happy camper.

Also would like to see a Custom ROM 2 with PTT included. I'm guessing the vast majority of folks are on ATT anyway??

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
    I loaded the firmware and stripped rom and noticed a strange thing. Everything else seems fine, (updated firmware version), all my data loaded correctly, but when I go to the phone app and select the About option, my phone resets.

I don't think it's anything major, but wonder if anyone else is having this. (I'm on T-Mobile).
    I'm also on T-Mobile, so your post made me curious and I tried it -- I'm looking at the "About Phone" screen now (v.3.0D), no reset. Just to be clear, I did the custom 1.04-ROM to get back MMS a few weeks ago, then last night I did the firmware and stripped custom ROM update, so my phone info is:

Firmware: RO1.91
    Software: TREO680-1.04-ROW
    CC-Cap: 000-000-000
    Carrier DB: 510
    Hardware: A
    I also loaded the firmware and stripped ROM. Thanks so much! Everything else has worked very well so far except for SAG 1.17. I have now lost control of Ptunes from my S9 headset using SAG (e.g. unable to pause or forward etc.). Did anyone else notice this?
    It looks like the storage heap size got smaller after the update. My wife's Treo680 is on 1.04 (Rogers locked firmware & rom). That unit has total of 70MB storage heap. Mine (with 2.11 rom) only has 66MB. I don't mind 4MB loss but why the size got smaller?

Any idea?
    3Com PalmPilot Personal > Handspring Visor Deluxe > Palm Tungsten T > PalmOne Tungsten T5 > PalmOne Treo650

Current Device: Palm Treo 680 w/1.12 Cust1 ROM, 4GB SDHC, GlobalSAT GPS Receiver
    I'm seeing a couple of sort of quirky differences in my 680 since the update. Now, every time I do a soft reset, my 680 starts up in the Security app -- I have to put in my password (which is generally ok, although I think it only did that before if my 680 had timed out to the security lock before the soft reset) and then it opens within the security app, instead of in the phone app.

The other thing I'm seeing is that STOIC doesn't seem to be working to keep my screen on when plugged in anymore. I tried deleting it, downloading it fresh from the website and installing again, but to no avail.

Anyone else seeing these behaviors? Anyone have any theories about why it's happening and how I can fix it?
  17.    #857  
    Quote Originally Posted by ndy4eva View Post
    It looks like the storage heap size got smaller after the update. My wife's Treo680 is on 1.04 (Rogers locked firmware & rom). That unit has total of 70MB storage heap. Mine (with 2.11 rom) only has 66MB. I don't mind 4MB loss but why the size got smaller?

Any idea?
    RomUpdaterapp is what partitions the size. They probably had to make the ROM area larger to accommodate the new apps, thus taking it away from usable. I will look into getting a smaller ROMupdater app and see if we can get it back to 70.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Hi guys,

great work on all these updates, especially for us non ATT folks. I have one question though, since I am on qwertz keyboard. Is there any way to get support for that? I looked in the palm simulator for the file but I could not find it. I am loading 1.04 right now, hoping that it will include my keyboard again.

Cheers,

Philipp
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I'm also on T-Mobile, so your post made me curious and I tried it -- I'm looking at the "About Phone" screen now (v.3.0D), no reset. Just to be clear, I did the custom 1.04-ROM to get back MMS a few weeks ago, then last night I did the firmware and stripped custom ROM update, so my phone info is:

Firmware: RO1.91
    Software: TREO680-1.04-ROW
    CC-Cap: 000-000-000
    Carrier DB: 510
    Hardware: A
    Well I never loaded that MMS fix, but I would think with the firmware and ROM updates, I would have achieved the same state. I am guessing I still have an imcompatible overlay. When I get a chance I will do a hard reset and see if I get the error before reloading my files.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    RomUpdaterapp is what partitions the size. They probably had to make the ROM area larger to accommodate the new apps, thus taking it away from usable. I will look into getting a smaller ROMupdater app and see if we can get it back to 70.
    Thanks James for quick (very quick) response!!!