Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
  1.    #821  
    Quote Originally Posted by ndy4eva View Post
    Hello Tomtastic,

Is it similar to previous Custom1 rom? Also, I'm on Rogers network in Canada. Do I need to change PackageVersion.txt.pdb file again (like previous)?

Thanks in advance!!!
    No just follow the new instructions. This alternate way of loading the ROM doesn't check versions.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    Not sure if james has had the time to complete an unbranded ROM yet,
    I've put the stripped and unbranded one I made earlier today up here : http://www.4shared.com/file/31981041...d-ROM-211.html

enjoy
    Tomtastic, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

So, to clarify, the version you posted at the link above removes: "Versamail / Tutorials / Spanish language localizations / AddIt / DocsToGo / PTunes / PushToTalk / Tutorials / Tips / InstantMessenger / Telenav / MobiTV.
    (Which cut out about 13MB from the ROM image!)" -- Is that right?

Would you please also confirm, James and Tom, for the less tech savvy among us, that the correct procedure would be to first load the Firmware James posted in #783, then Tom's stripped and unbranded ROM? UPDATE: Nevermind, I just downloaded the file and it looks like the Firmware update is in Tom's download zip file, along with a "Readme" with full instructions.

Oh, and by the way, Tom, have you noticed the slow-down that MFB described in #810?
    Last edited by ChristieC; 12/13/2007 at 01:00 PM.
    I want to try out the IM program unless it's daft crap I wouldn't use anyway.. I should look on some of the other Treo/Centro forums to see what people say about the application.

All the rest of it Christie listed can GTH for all I care... I have updated PTunes, DTG, AddIt is completely useless in its built-in form, etc..
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Oh, and by the way, Tom, have you noticed the slow-down that MFB described in #810?
    Not at all, it seems exactly the same speed as before (yes, even after reloading all the apps from backup), in fact the phone switches on and registers with the cellular network a tiny bit faster perhaps. SD card performance is just the same (i.e. pretty slow).

The IM app doesn't work for me on T-Mobile in the UK, but interestingly the code for the app includes strings which mention Google Talk support (Jabber), though it's either incomplete support or was stripped out by AT&T
    Last edited by tomtastic; 12/13/2007 at 04:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    So, to clarify, the version you posted at the link above removes: "Versamail / Tutorials / Spanish language localizations / AddIt / DocsToGo / PTunes / PushToTalk / Tutorials / Tips / InstantMessenger / Telenav / MobiTV.
    (Which cut out about 13MB from the ROM image!)" -- Is that right?
    That is correct, all the old bundled apps were stripped as well as the network specific junk like IM and PTT. Versamail had to go too now that I've seen the light (ChatterEmail). If you don't really like it stripped you can always put jamesganguts full ROM image back on no problem.
    That is correct, all the old bundled apps were stripped as well as the network specific junk like IM and PTT. Versamail had to go too now that I've seen the light (ChatterEmail). If you don't really like it stripped you can always put jamesganguts full ROM image back on no problem.
    Actually, your stripped version looks perfect for me, because I was using James' Cust1 before, with Versamail in my RAM. Since I have all of those Versamail files in my backup, and I've upgraded PTunes and DTG, which are also in RAM and can be restored from backup,then I think I'm good to go.

Thanks again for making this possible!!
    Just used tomtastics version.
    I was initially a bit worried since the upgrade went really FAST !
    Then I almost had a heart-attack because my device went through a reset loop, only to realize I did not do a proper hard reset

Restoring from backup now ...

Thanks tomtastic and jamesgangnut
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    ChristieC,
    Could you please post the files which is needed for versamail (to install it in RAM after update). Currently I have Cust2. So I would like to have versamail...
    James, could you prepare Rom which will be same as Cust2(remove everything except Versamail).
    Thank you in advance!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by alne View Post
    ChristieC,
    Could you please post the files which is needed for versamail (to install it in RAM after update). Currently I have Cust2. So I would like to have versamail...
    Versamail files were posted earlier in this thread by James:

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    When I added Versamail after using James' custom 1.04-ROM update (which was the same as his earlier Cust1), I copied the VM file folder to my memory card, then did a "select all" using Resco Explorer to get all the files within the VM folder and moved those to RAM from my memory card.
    Last edited by ChristieC; 12/13/2007 at 05:03 PM.
  10.    #830  
    I have added the new ROMs and instructions to the first post in this thread. I have also added an unbranded version with the extra apps. DTG, VersaMail and Ptunes.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Just a note that the stripped version jamesgangut has linked to is also unbranded
  12.    #832  
    Fixed the description.

I've done the custom 2.11 upgrade (stripped ROM version) and have restored everything (except the CarrierProfiles2 and NetworkProfiles2 files and the files associated with the camera, security and DST updates) and everything seems to be running well, very stable. MMS is working. Thanks again guys!!

And by the way, Skinner 4.3 (the most recent version) works fine with this update.
    I did the upgrade from tomtastics version. the rom update part went really fast but when i go to phone info, i still see software: treo680-1.09-row

The firmware is ok at R01.91..

trying james's full rom without branding... still says treo680-1.09-row
  15.    #835  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    I did the upgrade from tomtastics version. the rom update part went really fast but when i go to phone info, i still see software: treo680-1.09-row

The firmware is ok at R01.91..

trying james's full rom without branding... still says treo680-1.09-row
    We have covered this. It is not changing the token by design. If you need to have your token changed run the official updater first. If you have an unlocked, doesn't matter. By running the updates this way it does not check the version so no incompatibility issues. Also if you are a unlocked or Rogers user your token will persist if an official update ever comes. If you have an unlocked treo and want to get it back to the 1.04-ROW just run the 1.04 rom then apply the 2.11 after.

yeah... i just saw that a page or so back... sorry... no bother.

Is the PTT functionality removed for a reason? (Or is it in there hidding somewhere?)
    I don't care about the rest.. Chatter, Mundu, updated Ptunes, and DTG mean I don't need em.
    Last edited by jaytee; 12/13/2007 at 10:57 PM. Reason: spelling
  17.    #837  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    yeah... i just saw that a page or so back... sorry... no bother.

Is the PTT functionality removed for a reason? (Or is it in there hidding somewhere?)
    I don't care about the rest.. Chatter, Mundu, updated Ptunes, and DTG mean I don't need em.
    PTT will only work on AT&T so it was left off on purpose, as it is kind of carrier specific.

You guys (Tomtastic and James) have been great! Is there any chance of getting a stripped unbranded version with DTG left in? I made one for the last update, but I forgot how to do it! lol

I too have seen the light with Chattermail.
    After reading about some others adventures with PTT, I don't think I'm going to be wanting it anyway ;-)

Thanks for the easy update!
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Not at all, it seems exactly the same speed as before (yes, even after reloading all the apps from backup), in fact the phone switches on and registers with the cellular network a tiny bit faster perhaps. SD card performance is just the same (i.e. pretty slow).

The IM app doesn't work for me on T-Mobile in the UK, but interestingly the code for the app includes strings which mention Google Talk support (Jabber), though it's either incomplete support or was stripped out by AT&T
    Tom,

I tested palminternals with the full ATT UPDATE & got 40 seconds. The custom I made the other day get 20 seconds. previously it was just 2 seconds with the old rom.