Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    What is Telenav? A navigation program like TomTom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozz View Post
    What is Telenav? A navigation program like TomTom?
    Sort of, except it downloads gobs of data constantly rather than having a map on a card. Some people like it, some people want something that's going to work regardless of having a data connection or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutTreo View Post
    Okay,
    So in the end I think the only updates we can look forward to is:

1. "better battery performance" as is claimed by the update.
    2. and having the security, camera, etc updates into ROM.
    Does not seem to be worth the effort to upgrade. The older updates for camera and DST dont take much RAM. The better battery performance seems more about settings then some real change.
    Last edited by swieder; 12/12/2007 at 05:26 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Just upgrades my unlocked T680. No problem so far.
    Firmware is now R01.91
    Software token still treo680-1.09-ROW (James, the token is the old one, as you said...)
    CC-CAP: 000-000-001
    Carrier DB:510
    Just knocked up a stripped version of the update ROM and it's behaving very well so far.

I removed : Versamail / Tutorials / Spanish language localizations / AddIt / DocsToGo / PTunes / PushToTalk / Tutorials / Tips / InstantMessenger / Telenav / MobiTV.
    (Which cut out about 13MB from the ROM image!)

Only thing left to do now is de-brand it and my unlocked ROW phone will be completely up to date, you'll notice I'm not holding my breath for Palm to release an update for unlocked GSM...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tomtastic; 12/12/2007 at 05:59 PM.
    Besides the fact that att loaded the new firmware with CRAP for an unlocked version of the phone, im just happy I can receive pic messages again FINALLY!
    My treo 680 sucks using my Lexus's handfree mode. I get a buzzing on the 1st phone call out until I connect. Does anyone know if this upgrade fixes the handsfree problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by bweather04@gmail.com View Post
    Besides the fact that att loaded the new firmware with CRAP for an unlocked version of the phone, im just happy I can receive pic messages again FINALLY!
    I'm using t-mo on an unlocked branded treo680... were you able to receive mms again after the palm firmware update 2.11 or the custom 1.91/1.09 ROW update??? I'm basically trying to get my mms back without sacraficing anything.
  9.    #809  
    Quote Originally Posted by harlemfire View Post
    I'm using t-mo on an unlocked branded treo680... were you able to receive mms again after the palm firmware update 2.11 or the custom 1.91/1.09 ROW update??? I'm basically trying to get my mms back without sacraficing anything.
    Yes MMS works on Tmo with 2.11
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Okay, successfully made a custom rom as well. Just need to get rid of branding but for know its bearable. I just noticed a slight slowdown on my 680. With the same set up, its 28 ticks on palminternals. Now, its at 40. This may be the marginal battery improvement Palm mentioned. A slower treo should save power. Anyone else notice this as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Use at your own risk!!!

1- Backup your data. Use Backupman or similar.
    2- Get an SD card prepared. Empty is best.
    3- Plugin the power to your unit. Not a car charger, or combo sync power cable, usb cable etc. MUST BE THE AC CHARGER.
    4- Using an SD card adapter copy the three folders to your SD card. Firmware, PALM and ROM
    5- Get a 3rd party software app like Resco Explorer or FileZ. Copy it to the palm/launcher folder of the SD card.
    6- Turn off radio, Insert SD card.
    7- Use the specific instructions for which proceedure you are performing. Remember to get the full update both must be run.

Firmware (only needs to be done once, not everytime you try a new ROM)
    A- Run 3rd party app to copy the contents of the Firmware folder to RAM. (See app instructions for help). Exit app.
    B- Making sure the power is plugged in locate the GSM FW App. Run it, it should give you update: R01.91. If so tap "Update Now".
    C- It will reset when done.

ROM
    A- Run 3rd party app to copy the contents of the ROM folder to RAM. (See
    app instructions for help). Exit app.
    B- Making sure the power is plugged in locate the Romupdater app. (SD Card catagory) Run it.
    C- type low then hit enter/return. It will update the ROM. When it is done it will tell you it is done and to hard reset.
    D- Hard reset, restore data.

This is the full unaltered firmware and ROM.
    http://www.4shared.com/file/31862725...ified=e992fa47
    Sorry!
    But i see on link is rom for ATT.
    Can i use firmware you write on link for Treo 680 Unbranded (Sim free or International) ?
    Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but....

I used the custom ROM back in August. I've had no issues with it at all. Works great. Now that a new update is available for the 680 I'm a bit confused as to whether I can even use the update.

Two questions:
    1. If I used the custom ROM can I install the updates (from palm)?
    2. If I can use the update, do I use the AT&T update OR wait for the unlocked version?

Thanks for your answers.
    Updated is Okie
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Hello our 3 beloved ROM updaters.

Do you think you could do a
    Custom ROM 5 again ? Please trip all AlT&T stuff as it seems to work only on the AT&T network. But leave Versamail, without any langage apart from English and both Qwerty / azerty keyboard layout. And that would be GREAT !

Thanks oin advance for yourefforts !

PS : maybe the Blutooth will work better then ??

Guillaume
    anyone testet the battery capasity on the new ATT version? why is it that there is only updates from ATT?
    Firstly, as said many times, THANK YOU, to the folks that have served this community with the stripped ROM images for ATT Treo 680. I currently use CUST#1 1.09 ATT. I have NO reset/crash issues and thru conservation methods, an acceptable battery life.

BUT, the problem is that I forgot why this stripped ROM is a good thing. What benefits does the Custom ROM give me? Does the larger DB cache, via stripped out apps, give a benefit? What?

It is certainly more convienient to navigate thru the launcher without all the clutter, but with programs like Invisible, who cares.

With the release of new upgrade from ATT, and pending upgrade ROMs from James, I wonder if I should just be happy with what I got or flash another CUST#1 ROM when available. I guess I would be interested in longer battery life and better/usable Bluetooth...

Not trying to be a wise guy, but in practical terms whats the benefit here, over the regular ATT update?
    Not sure if james has had the time to complete an unbranded ROM yet,
    I've put the stripped and unbranded one I made earlier today up here : http://www.4shared.com/file/31981041...d-ROM-211.html

enjoy
    I couldn't PM you jamesgangut because your PM box is full, so here it is:

I've decided to host the new Full Treo ROM for you since I have plenty of extra data transfer on my web hosting account. Here is the link:
    http://tinyurl.com/3b9oux
    Hopefully this will be a much faster download than from the site you provided. It was quite slow (under 20kB/sec), so I hope this helps.
    If you need me to host other ROMs in the future, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.
    Hello Tomtastic,

Is it similar to previous Custom1 rom? Also, I'm on Rogers network in Canada. Do I need to change PackageVersion.txt.pdb file again (like previous)?

Thanks in advance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    I've put the stripped and unbranded one I made earlier today up here : http://www.4shared.com/file/31981041...d-ROM-211.html

enjoy
    3Com PalmPilot Personal > Handspring Visor Deluxe > Palm Tungsten T > PalmOne Tungsten T5 > PalmOne Treo650

Current Device: Palm Treo 680 w/1.12 Cust1 ROM, 4GB SDHC, GlobalSAT GPS Receiver
  20.    #820  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post

enjoy
    Thanks, I have been inundated with work the past couple days, so if it is done I won't bother re-making a fully stripped.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS