Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 1377
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by SergioA View Post
    Hi there!

    Many thanks to MFB for his work!

    I've got an unlocked Treo680: if I have correctly understood, applying the Treo680CustomROWSDUpdater means that I will get the camera patch, dst updater and security patch already installed in ROM (so no need to reinstall them in case of an hard reset?).

    The only things that should be "fixed" after an hard reset are the splash screens from Cingular to be replaced as previously explained.

    As I (rarely) use Versamail can someone explain which files I need to install to RAM (should I copy them from ROM before patching or are there on the Palm CD that came with the Treo?)

    Thanks and Ciao from Italy

    Sergio
    VM files English only.

    http://www.4shared.com/file/17048965...VM_online.html
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Wow!

    Thanks a lot

    Ciao

    Sergio
  3.    #63  
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Added a link to my Cust1 ROM
    Nice!

    Is it asking too much for a Cust2 ROM with VM files in it?

    Thanks

    Sergio
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    NO! these are to be copied into RAM. Delete the old ones from RAM then copy them to RAM. These files are created from other files in the ROM.
    I can't delete these from RAM. I've tried a couple of things with Resco Explorer but no success. Can anyone help?

    duke
  6. #66  
    Geesh...I'm also having problems installing the calculator prc's. I keep getting an installation failure. Any help with both these issues would be greatly appreciated.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    Geesh...I'm also having problems installing the calculator prc's. I keep getting an installation failure. Any help with both these issues would be greatly appreciated.
    I don't know if it's too late for you, but James' Cust1 Rom (in the first post in this thread) leaves the calculator in ROM -- I plan to install this one over the weekend.
  8. #68  
    I am no expert but I was having the same problem initially with adding back the calculator and the ptune program after the first Rom updater installation. First I tried it using the hotsync method but without success. I then use filepc2pda program and put those files directly into the main Ram and viola the calculator and the ptune icon reappered on the phone and they work like before. Other experts might have better solution. However, I don't see why you can't copy those files in you SD card and then copy those into the main RAM.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    I can't delete these from RAM. I've tried a couple of things with Resco Explorer but no success. Can anyone help?

    duke
    I used resco explorer. I just did a search in ram for *splash* then the -> button and highlighted and deleted the 2 files from there.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  10. #70  
    Woot. Can't wait to get home
  11. #71  
    hmm, the calculator and ptunes programs installed fine for me without using the SD card method but I would give that a shot first. Are you able to install any other program via hotsync?
  12. #72  
    If I already updated with MFB's rom, can I update again with the Cust1 rom?
  13. #73  
    Very sweet! I just made my own custom rom stripping out everything but versamail! It's nice to get rid of all that Cingular Crap.

    Thanks again to James, Tom and MFB whose work made this possible!
  14.    #74  
    Updated first post with custom rom options. There should enough variety for everyone.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...50&postcount=1
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Updated first post with custom rom options. There should enough variety for everyone.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...50&postcount=1
    Wow, James, you ROCK!!!! Thanks so much!!

    Now, I have a couple of questions. I saw in another thread that Mundu running in the background was causing crashes on a Cingy locked 680 after the poster installed the Cingular update (Mundu worked fine before the Cingular update). For those who have done the custom ROM update on their unlocked 680:

    (1) Is there anyone who has tried Mundu in the background after the update and are you having any problems?

    (2) Any other background apps having problems after the update that didn't have problems before?

    (3) Has anyone been successful in using Skinner (dialpad skins and/or splashes) since the custom ROM update (I know Lisaw said that she couldn't get Skinner splashes to work after the update)?

    TIA for any answers to the above questions!!
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I used resco explorer. I just did a search in ram for *splash* then the -> button and highlighted and deleted the 2 files from there.
    Did this already, but I get an error that the files are in use.

    d-
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by addictedtotreo View Post
    I am no expert but I was having the same problem initially with adding back the calculator and the ptune program after the first Rom updater installation. First I tried it using the hotsync method but without success. I then use filepc2pda program and put those files directly into the main Ram and viola the calculator and the ptune icon reappered on the phone and they work like before. Other experts might have better solution. However, I don't see why you can't copy those files in you SD card and then copy those into the main RAM.
    I'll give this a go. My problem is in trying to Hotsync the files.

    Thanks!
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loden View Post
    If I already updated with MFB's rom, can I update again with the Cust1 rom?

    There shouldn't be a problem, go ahead.
  19. #79  
    Here's the link to my custom rom:

    http://www.4shared.com/file/17093324/704f6938/PALM.html

    This is Cingular stripped with Versamail and Docs to Go only.

    You must unzip the file and copy it to a blank SD card to use this custom rom
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Wow, James, you ROCK!!!! Thanks so much!!

    Now, I have a couple of questions. I saw in another thread that Mundu running in the background was causing crashes on a Cingy locked 680 after the poster installed the Cingular update (Mundu worked fine before the Cingular update). For those who have done the custom ROM update on their unlocked 680:

    (1) Is there anyone who has tried Mundu in the background after the update and are you having any problems?

    (2) Any other background apps having problems after the update that didn't have problems before?

    (3) Has anyone been successful in using Skinner (dialpad skins and/or splashes) since the custom ROM update (I know Lisaw said that she couldn't get Skinner splashes to work after the update)?

    TIA for any answers to the above questions!!

    Using it and dialpad skins with no problems. Have not tried the spash screens though as I kind of like the at&t ones.
    Last edited by 2canSAM; 06/01/2007 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Thorough answer
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions