Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    So far, so good. I did a complete restore, minus the carrierprofiles2, networkprofiles2 and networkdb (I couldn't find the carrierdb). I've installed the Security, DST, camera and SMS updaters, as well as the Versamail files from one of James' other posts. I don't seem to be experiencing any of the problems described by nutsaboutTreo so far and I'm definitely not seeing freezing when I turn the phone on and off.

Apparently, I spoke too soon! My phone freezes on the incoming call screen and nothing but a battery-out reset will get rid of that screen. I guess I'm going to have to hard reset and start over, doing it the hard way!
    Christie, I'm sorry -- those are the two files I did not restore -- I did not remember their names exactly at the time of posting at 2 am here -- after 4 hours of working on mms. I did not do the SingaporeSMSUpdate, just the SMSUpdate -- if that helps. I also did not restore any Versamail files. I just used the application based restore of Resco Backup Pro, unchecked versamail and those carrier files. I used the cut down rom, not the full. I also did the restore and reset before I tried to hotsync.
    Last edited by frantid; 11/17/2007 at 10:58 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    So far, so good. I did a complete restore, minus the carrierprofiles2, networkprofiles2 and networkdb (I couldn't find the carrierdb). I've installed the Security, DST, camera and SMS updaters, as well as the Versamail files from one of James' other posts. I don't seem to be experiencing any of the problems described by nutsaboutTreo so far and I'm definitely not seeing freezing when I turn the phone on and off.

Apparently, I spoke too soon! My phone freezes on the incoming call screen and nothing but a battery-out reset will get rid of that screen. I guess I'm going to have to hard reset and start over, doing it the hard way!
    Christie,

Can you post the link for the versamail file? Also and where do you put the file in the Cust 104ROW folder?

Also please let me know if your problem disappears after you are done reloading all the programs etc.

Also please let me know if you can receive MMS messages after the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    If you restore your 1.09 data right back to 1.04 weird things can happen. I am running it clean and no freee issues. When I restores 1.09 data I did get the issues you describe. I am on T-Mobile and I am sending and recieving MMS messages just fine now. If things are not working try after a hard reset.

James,

I couldnt even get the phone to turn on without freezing, and this was right after the update to 104 ROM. I wanted to see if the MMS feature would work, but couldnt even test the function due to the freeze.

So I didnt even load my files onto the phone, because once I realized that I couldnt get the phone to turn on, I reflashed and went back to 109....
    What do you mean by "I am on T-Mobile and I am sending and receiving MMS messages just fine now"? Do you mean you went back to 104ROW?
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutTreo View Post
    Christie,

Can you post the link for the versamail file? Also and where do you put the file in the Cust 104ROW folder?

Also please let me know if your problem disappears after you are done reloading all the programs etc.

Also please let me know if you can receive MMS messages after the update.
    Versamail files were posted earlier in this thread by James:

I din't put the VersaMail files in the custom updater folder. I added them to RAM (just copied the VM file folder to my memory card, then did a "select all" to get all the files within the VM folder and moved those to RAM from my memory card) after I did the update.

My MMS worked fine after I completed the 1.04 update this morning -- the ONLY problem I had was when I had an incoming call and either tried to ignore it or let it ring all the way through to voicemail. If I answered before it went to voicemail, it was fine.

I actually decided to re-flash my ROM with James' original 1.09 Cust 1 (and then added the VersaMail files to RAM again afterward) rather than going through the very painful process of trying to one-by-one reinstall all of my applications and needed data. I've been able to send and receive SMS messages just fine all along and, frankly, being able to receive MMS isn't important enough to me to go through that pain. I just tell people if they want to send pics or media to me, to send it to my email as an attachment and then I retrieve the email from my phone.

I'm done with the re-flash and everything, other than MMS receipt, is working spendidly again.

Good luck!
  5.    #745  
    I am running the 1.04 cust version I posted. I am not getting any freezes or lockups. I am able to receive MMS messages. I have not seen the issues others have. Sorry.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Well,

I am going to give the full 104ROW a try now, since cust 104 was not working for me. Didnt realize the Cust 104 didnt have versamail in the ROM, since versamail is important for me.

Hey James,

Anyway would you be kind enough to do a Cust2 104 ROW that includes the versamail and taking out clip PRO?

Also do you think there is a possibility that this issue with the MMS could be resolved when PALM releases the new ATT update? Since palm never updates unlocked GSM, I would like to update ROM to take advantage of new features.....

One thing I hate about PALM, they always seem to leave us unlocked treo users behind.....

UPDATE

I have reflashed to 680 FULL 104ROW and the MMS function is working again.

Just hate having the DTG, PTUNES quick tour and my treo on the phone grrrr. Guess cant have best of both worlds.....

And I dont have the issue ChristeC mentioned about the phone freezing up if I try to ignore the phone call.....

Successfully restored 104 ROW Full ROM to my GF's phone as well. MMS working, everything else is working perfectly.
    Last edited by nutsaboutTreo; 11/18/2007 at 01:52 PM.
    Hey James,

Anyway would you be kind enough to do a Cust2 104 ROW that includes the versamail and taking out clip PRO?
    Just a thought for nutsaboutTreo: I found it VERY easy to add VersaMail to my RAM using the method I described above. Once you do that and then you back up your RAM to your SD card, it very easy to do a restore of all of those files.

I'm glad it worked for you. I'm going to try again flashing with 1.04 and see what happens. I'll report back when I'm done.

Update: I've finished flashing James' Cust 1.04-ROW again and I've done a full restore from my backup, including the Versamail files but excluding carrierprofiles2 and networkprofiles2, and I'm not having any of the previous problems with phone calls. I've also added the camera, security and DST updates, but NOT the SMS update, and still not seeing a repeat of those issues. I think it may have been the SMS update that I added last time that was the problem.

Thanks again for the great work, James!
    Last edited by ChristieC; 11/18/2007 at 07:38 PM.
    Just a thought for nutsaboutTreo: I found it VERY easy to add VersaMail to my RAM using the method I described above. Once you do that and then you back up your RAM to your SD card, it very easy to do a restore of all of those files.
    ChristieC, I know the method you described is easy, I was hoping that the VM would be in ROM so that I wouldnt have to reinstall it each time, since the OS does sometime dictate a hard-reset.

I was hoping that James would do us T-Mobile users a favor and provide it, thought it would be worth a try.

At this point I am assuming that the Cust 104ROW is not as stable, since you had your issues as well as my issues.... Although James is using it without any issues, so I dont know if it was something you and I did during the re-flash process but who knows...
    At this point I am assuming that the Cust 104ROW is not as stable, since you had your issues as well as my issues.... Although James is using it without any issues, so I dont know if it was something you and I did during the re-flash process but who knows...
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that the issue I was experiencing (and I only found the one, on incoming calls) was something I did. I believe it was caused by the SMS Update I added in.
    ChristieC, I know the method you described is easy, I was hoping that the VM would be in ROM so that I wouldnt have to reinstall it each time, since the OS does sometime dictate a hard-reset.

I was hoping that James would do us T-Mobile users a favor and provide it, thought it would be worth a try.

I'm using the cust row 104, very stable for me as well as having MMS work. I have disabled clip pro. I actually like it, but every time I try to use it my treo resets. I have not added in Versamail though and you did say you needed that. I'm using chatter for email.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I am running the 1.04 cust version I posted. I am not getting any freezes or lockups. I am able to receive MMS messages. I have not seen the issues others have. Sorry.
    jamesgangut,

Just a question, I live in France and use an unlocked 680 that I bought here. I am thinking of applying the Custom 4.

1. Will this work since my phone is not an AT&T?

2. Could it cause any problems not having the right settings for the phone network?

3. Will I still have the possiblity to set the Treo in the French language?

Sorry to bother you with these questions, but I do not want to brick my 680 if these are designed only for American, AT&T phones.

Also, sorry it this have been ask before but trying to read through 750 posts is not easy.

Thanks in advance,
    Normandie
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'm using the cust row 104, very stable for me as well as having MMS work. I have disabled clip pro. I actually like it, but every time I try to use it my treo resets. I have not added in Versamail though and you did say you needed that. I'm using chatter for email.
    Quick question, how did you disable clip PRO? I tried erasing it but could not find it on the Treo. Nor could I find it in the folder for the update....

I was thinking about switching to chatter but I just like having the programs I frequenly use in the ROM in case I have to hard reset and I dont have access to my computer. And I know you can use Resco Backup etc, but I never liked the process....
    works great for me now.. thx!
    -tgwaste
    Quick question, how did you disable clip PRO? I tried erasing it but could not find it on the Treo. Nor could I find it in the folder for the update....

I was thinking about switching to chatter but I just like having the programs I frequenly use in the ROM in case I have to hard reset and I dont have access to my computer. And I know you can use Resco Backup etc, but I never liked the process....

Go into clip pro, near the top is an enable box, uncheck it and it won't bother you anymore.

You should really try resco, it's improved over the versions. Makes it easier to try these updates when you know you can restore any time. I keep different backup sets on my card, one for each major change so I can back them out one by one if needed. You can schedule backups so you don't have to think too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Normandie View Post
    jamesgangut,

Just a question, I live in France and use an unlocked 680 that I bought here. I am thinking of applying the Custom 4.

2. Could it cause any problems not having the right settings for the phone network?

Sorry to bother you with these questions, but I do not want to brick my 680 if these are designed only for American, AT&T phones.

Also, sorry it this have been ask before but trying to read through 750 posts is not easy.

Thanks in advance,
    Normandie
    Normandie,

I'm not James but I think it may not be what you want. I believe these are the answers to your questions, based on my experience.

1. It will work on a non ATT phone, my phone is not an ATT as are others that have done this.

2. You may have problems with SMS's or MMS's -- that's why some of us are switching back.

3. I know the French files are in the update, I don't know if they positively work.

hope that helps. You may want to try the ROW custom then add back in the apps you need.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Normandie,

I'm not James but I think it may not be what you want. I believe these are the answers to your questions, based on my experience.

1. It will work on a non ATT phone, my phone is not an ATT as are others that have done this.

2. You may have problems with SMS's or MMS's -- that's why some of us are switching back.

3. I know the French files are in the update, I don't know if they positively work.

hope that helps. You may want to try the ROW custom then add back in the apps you need.
    frantid,

Thanks, I have taken some time to read most of the posts and have pretty much convinced myself that the little space I would gain is maybe not worth the risk. If I ever need to sell it or send it back for warranty work the custom ROM would not allow this, so maybe I should do as my Father once said, "if is ain't broke, don't fix it."

Thanks for the help & have a nice day,
    Normandie
  17.    #757  
    Quote Originally Posted by Normandie View Post
    jamesgangut,

Thanks in advance,
    Normandie
    1 & 2were answered. As far as French It has been removed from the custom versions, English only. The full versions have the languages.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

18.    #758  
    I will likely make a couple more versions ofthe 1.04 ROM, especially as it seems to be working for most people now. The cust one I added was the one I used sorry I forgot I added ClipPro. I use it and it causes problems unless Locked so I added it to ROM. When/if I do another set of ROMs I will make a version without ClipPro. I won't do as many as I have for the others but I think a version with the apps DTG/VM/PT and another with all the languages. I will let you know here when/if posted.

Hey Guys! I just wanted to report back after about 24 hours using James' custom 1.04-ROW, with a full restore of almost 100 apps and all of my other data, and VersaMail added back to my RAM. Since re-flashing my ROM last night, I've made and received a ton of phone calls, sent and received SMS and MMS and run every one of the programs on my 680. The custom 1.04-ROW has been rock solid. No freezes, no crashes, no issues that I've found.

I also have to heartily agree with Frantid about Resco Backup. It's a beautiful, beautiful thing to be able to save alternate backups and do full restore, or selective restore, with such ease.
    i realize this is completely off topic and will probably be lynched but anyone per chance know why palmone stopped selling the different colors for the unlocked version and only offers graphite now?
    -tgwaste