Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
    I got it to work, thanks
    1fitdoc
    It was a long and drawn out experience updating the firmware and still there is no fix to the dreaded keyguard problem..

I am now lead to believe that there can be no fix cause its a hardware thing.
  3.    #723  
    Added links to a 1.04-ROW versions for those who need them.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...50&postcount=1
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post

Interesting

I've hung back from applying a custom ROM, hoping for an official ROW 1.09 which could then be cut down.

So now a ROW 1.04 Custom#7 would tempt me

I can see you are going to get lots of requests to do the 1.04 trick to all the #1 - #8
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I have been reading these threads for what seems like an eternity, and so possibly may have missed something.
    I am considering buying a refurbished unlocked 680 from eBay UK, and cannot determine if these custom ROMs will play nicely with non American devices.

Please advise, thanks a million

Andy
    Sure they will
    I flashed my unlocked non-American device twice already, not a single glitch.

[Hi Andy ]
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    Sure they will
    I flashed my unlocked non-American device twice already, not a single glitch.

[Hi Andy ]
    Hi H. Boy you get arounda lot. Thanks for the response.

James, thanks so much for doing this!! After installing your new 1.04-ROW custom ROM, will it be necessary to do the Palm update for the battery drain issue and the security update, or are those already contained in your new ROM?
  9.    #729  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    James, thanks so much for doing this!! After installing your new 1.04-ROW custom ROM, will it be necessary to do the Palm update for the battery drain issue and the security update, or are those already contained in your new ROM?
    Yes you will need to apply the fixes again.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Just an FYI for everyone, but the new cust ROM to return to 104ROW custom seems to have a few bugs.

I dont know if it is just me, but I have flashed my phone with several different ROMS, but wanted to return to 104 soon as I realized that I could not receive MMS messages (I'm on tmobile).

The following is a minor annoyance but, now in your ROM you are stuck with ClipPRO. I dont know what that program is, but felt that most would have no need for it.

The major problem seemed to be lagging once you clicked done after a reset.

Also another MAJOR and potentially DEVASTATING PROBLEM is that the phone freezes when you try to turn on your cellphone.. The Treo screen flashes and then you see "searching for network" and then it freezes everytime!

I tried softreset, hardreset and everything, but everytime I tried to turn on the cell phone, it would freeze.

Currently I am going back to Cust2.109 ATT

Is anybody else having this issue?

James any thoughts on why this would happen?

I am assuming that you provided 104ROW ROM because of the fact that there are no solutions to the MMS problem we are faced with....
    and also it didnt fix my MMS problem
    -tgwaste
    TGwaste,

What version of the 104ROW did you use? FULL OR CUSTOM?

Were you having the same issues?

My GF called T-mobile and they suggested that she may need to replace her SIM card and that they will be sending her a new one..... she has unlocked 680 with cust 2 of 109 as well.....

I dont know how much that would help....

Oh and I can SEND BUT NOT RECEIVE@!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by nutsaboutTreo; 11/16/2007 at 04:24 PM.
  13.    #733  
    If you restore your 1.09 data right back to 1.04 weird things can happen. I am running it clean and no freee issues. When I restores 1.09 data I did get the issues you describe. I am on T-Mobile and I am sending and recieving MMS messages just fine now. If things are not working try after a hard reset.

If you restore your 1.09 data right back to 1.04 weird things can happen. I am running it clean and no freee issues. When I restores 1.09 data I did get the issues you describe. I am on T-Mobile and I am sending and recieving MMS messages just fine now. If things are not working try after a hard reset.
    James, if you cannot restore all of your data from your backup, how did you restore yours?
    Mine is working ok. I did not restore the phone carrierdb and the networkdb. I just let those rebuild.

I did the smsupdate, found on the singapore site - and now I can receive sms's from my bank and vodafone in Iceland. I have not been able to try mms yet.

originally an unlocked palm 680 (not an AT&T model)
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutTreo View Post
    TGwaste,

What version of the 104ROW did you use? FULL OR CUSTOM?

Were you having the same issues?

My GF called T-mobile and they suggested that she may need to replace her SIM card and that they will be sending her a new one..... she has unlocked 680 with cust 2 of 109 as well.....

I dont know how much that would help....

Oh and I can SEND BUT NOT RECEIVE@!!!!!!!!

hello,
    i used the full version.

ive always been able to send and not receive though...
    -tgwaste
  17.    #737  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    James, if you cannot restore all of your data from your backup, how did you restore yours?
    reloa programs and just restore the databases needed. Reapply all your regcodes etc. The same process you would take going from one device toanother.

I finally got mms to work. I think I found a bug. For my situation, I could not send or receive since moving to Iceland some 4 months ago. It worked fine on ATT in the US, for the previous months -- never here.

Anyway, I had to go into the network preference - choose the mms network connection, click on the username -> type some letters on the line, then delete them all -> do the same for the password field. Here, there is no username or password for the gprs connection for MMS. I think I had to type letters in there, because there's probably a different code for "null" and "empty". You can try it on yours to see if it works, a new connection will say "prompt" on the password box if you've never accessed the field. Once you type something in and erase it, it will say "unassigned".

That part got me the send working. Getting the receive to work, I had to go into the messaging app preferences and clear the wap 2 setting.

Hope that helps someone, maybe just the ones that can't send and receive.

edit:
    I had no problems with custom 2 rom (att version) in the US on ATT. Here I could not get sms's from my new provider, but that's NOT the custom rom's fault. Now with this new ROW, I was able to get the sms and mms working. --- So thanks for the roms James, you've helped me out both times.
    Last edited by frantid; 11/16/2007 at 07:32 PM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    reloa programs and just restore the databases needed. Reapply all your regcodes etc. The same process you would take going from one device toanother.
    That's what I was afraid you were going to say! I have almost 100 3rd-party apps on my 680 and I REALLY didn't want to have to do a clean install and then one-by-one app reinstall. What made flashing the ROM so painless the first 2 times I did it (for Cust1, then Cust2) was the ability to do a complete restore afterward, minus the carrierprofies2 and networkprofies2, and the other few files from the updates I'd done that were already in the new ROM.

I think I'm going to try flashing the new 1.04 ROM, do a complete restore minus the carrierdb and networkdb files as frantid suggested (and the carrierprofies2 and networkprofies2 from the original instructions) and see what happens.

I'll report back -- and thanks again!
    So far, so good. I did a complete restore, minus the carrierprofiles2, networkprofiles2 and networkdb (I couldn't find the carrierdb). I've installed the Security, DST, camera and SMS updaters, as well as the Versamail files from one of James' other posts. I don't seem to be experiencing any of the problems described by nutsaboutTreo so far and I'm definitely not seeing freezing when I turn the phone on and off.

Apparently, I spoke too soon! My phone freezes on the incoming call screen and nothing but a battery-out reset will get rid of that screen. I guess I'm going to have to hard reset and start over, doing it the hard way!
    Last edited by ChristieC; 11/17/2007 at 09:27 AM.