Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    Hi guys,

I am now the proud owner of a Treo 680 after my horrible P990i experience. Well, I was thinking of updating my ROM and everything seems clear to me so far, I would like to clarify one thing. If update the ROM there is no way back to my original rom, is there?

Thanks,

Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by shuby View Post
    Hi guys,

I am now the proud owner of a Treo 680 after my horrible P990i experience. Well, I was thinking of updating my ROM and everything seems clear to me so far, I would like to clarify one thing. If update the ROM there is no way back to my original rom, is there?

Thanks,

Phil
    No, as said it about 20 previous posts

But there are some special cases where it can brick your Treo, so if you need to ask the question above, you had better read about the cases above before you start, unless you just feel lucky
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Hmm, uups.

i am honestly admit that quit reading on page 16 or so. So it seems that I missed the good part. There were a couple of posts that kinda talked about that but did not clear up that one question. And yes, that I can brick it doing I knew.

But thanks for the answer.

Cheers,

Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    All seems to work well with exception of my Favorites key(s)
    never has worked though. Can not hold down a hot key and get the app associated with that hard key to work. Was blank for long time after I did the flash.
    Anyone know how to fix it ?
    2 possibilities come to mind (since I had a similar problem a few months back and I think it was one of these):

1. Are you using Obfuscate or anything similar to Hide the Phone application?
    2. Are you running KeyCaps600? If so, make sure you set it to "disable in Phone app" in its options.
    Quote Originally Posted by brad_h View Post
    2 possibilities come to mind (since I had a similar problem a few months back and I think it was one of these):

1. Are you using Obfuscate or anything similar to Hide the Phone application?
    2. Are you running KeyCaps600? If so, make sure you set it to "disable in Phone app" in its options.
    DING DING DING-NO MORE CALLS WE HAVE A WINNER !!!

#2 was the culprit all along-

much obliged

now if I can get CityID to flash the name of the calling loction, I'll be a happy camper
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
    1st try: reformatted SD; loaded Cust #1, DIDN'T change 4 files of Post # (?); began flash process but gave "incompatible" message.

2nd try: as above, DID change 4 files (or thought I did); again got the incompatible message.

3rd and subsequent tries: reformatted, copied PALM folder, with 4 ATT-specific files. On all these subsequent tries, the Treo balked (brief white screen) and then went to Phone, and added DCIM folder to SD card. Tried reformatting both on Treo and SD card reader on PC, but to no avail. Tried another SD card w/same result.

My next step would be to hard reset Treo and try again... but has anyone else had this kind of problem with the SD card not being able to initiate the flash process, after it had begun to and then aborted?

AP
    I have already applied this custom rom in unlocked treo 680. now version is 1.09 unlocked.

May I apply official 1.09 AT&T rom? Will my 680 still unlocked after update?
    OK, applied the CUST1 custom ROM, all is fine and dandy, BUT after recovering my backup from RescoBackup (yes, skipping some files from the backup as instructed) I now get the following two error dialogues every time I reboot or HotSync:

First dialog: "Please load library SAMgr.Lib" with an OK button

Second dialog: "Database: can't find (Dm 0207)" with an OK button

Everything seems to work just fine...

I did confirm that hard resetting the device, those two error messages do NOT show up, so it's not a problem with the ROM.

Does anyone know what are two files, and can someone provide them to me so that I can install them in RAM?
    Hi everyone, I posted the following recently after discovering I was unable to receive MMS messages and believed it was related to the custom ROM:

Hello,

Is there an update on the MMS functionality of the custom ROMS. I installed Set 8 and as reported, I also lost the ability to receive MMS. I didn't think I'd mind but now I'd like to get MMS back. If MMS hasn't yet been returned to the ROMS, is it possible to get the full ROM back?

-Ben
    I've since found a solution independent of the custom ROM.

I set my MMS settings to manual and changed the last part of the IP address from ".010" to ".10" I also unchecked "web2.0" Finally, I removed the port number from the MMS IP address.

Now I can send and receive MMS messages.
    Last edited by Swingstylez; 11/18/2007 at 04:21 AM. Reason: issue solved!
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I think the time has come for this thread. I know I have successfully stripped a rom down and tomtastic has a custom as well. It is not as nice as we had it for the 650 but we can do it. With MFB's help I will be posting a version similar to the stripped 650 I did before.

These are for the Unlocked version. When finished the software version will be the same as the AT&T update 1.09. But without branding.

Instructions: MFB has a great set in his post #3. Pay special attention to #7-9

Cust1:This is the ROM I use. Stripped of AddIt, Get *, DTG, VM, PTunes, tips etc. Kept Calc, Clock, also send files from VM for sending items via BT or Email and wired kit. 34.5MB DB Cache
    http://www.4shared.com/file/17049300...SDUpdater.html
    Cust 2 (cust 1 plus VersaMail)
    http://www.4shared.com/file/17088037...SDUpdater.html
    Cust 3 (Cust 1 plus DTG)
    http://www.4shared.com/file/17087952...SDUpdater.html
    Cust 4 (Cust 1 plus PTunes)
    http://www.4shared.com/file/17087845...SDUpdater.html
    Cust 5 (Cust 1 plus VersaMail & PTunes)
    http://www.4shared.com/file/17087762...SDUpdater.html
    Cust 6 (Cust 1 plus VersaMail, PTunes and DTG)
    http://www.4shared.com/file/17087694...SDUpdater.html
    Cust 7 (Cust 1 plus VersaMail & DTG)
    http://www.4shared.com/file/17197279...SDUpdater.html
    Cust 8 (Cust 1 plus DTG & Ptunes)
    http://www.4shared.com/file/17197417...SDUpdater.html
    Cust Full (Get Good and Get Mail removed.)
    http://www.4shared.com/file/17087587...SDUpdater.html

If you have already applied a custom ROM and you are trying a different one and getting a compatibility error please look here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=98

Use at your own risk.
    I have an unlocked 680. But everytime I try 2 install the firmware, it says not compatible with my device
    Hmmm, according to http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=662 you can go back to the original AT&T 1.09 rom but not the earlier versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    No, as said it about 20 previous posts

But there are some special cases where it can brick your Treo, so if you need to ask the question above, you had better read about the cases above before you start, unless you just feel lucky
    hI, I followed all steps but in the step 9 it give me an error then restarts and the phone info was updated but the trash programs still there, I tried to update again but give me a message that my device is no compatible, any sugestion will be apreciate.
  13.    #713  
    Quote Originally Posted by dabrye View Post
    hI, I followed all steps but in the step 9 it give me an error then restarts and the phone info was updated but the trash programs still there, I tried to update again but give me a message that my device is no compatible, any sugestion will be apreciate.
    the compatibility issue has been covered over an over again. If you read through there are files that need to be changed based on your carrier.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I have a question, perhaps should have asked before I installed ROM #1 on my Treo 680, but i'll ask anyway.

I still have a warranty until around the end of December of this year for my Treo 680. Lately, i've been experiencing unusual problems on my treo, specifically with the keyboard. The keyboard seems to change how bright it gets sporadically as well as it flickers often. If I were to send my treo 680 with the custom rom installed, would they not provide support for me because of the custom rom? If so, where could I find the original ROM for the Unlocked Treo 680 so I could load it up before I ship it off. Thanks.
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    the compatibility issue has been covered over an over again. If you read through there are files that need to be changed based on your carrier.
    DEar Jamesgangut, there is any update for a 680 unlocked cingular version that I can use?
  16.    #716  
    What version 680 do you have? Phone app menu-i.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Well, my info was updated when I tried the custom ROM, now when I checked it shows the new info (RO1.34 Treo680-1.09-ATT 292) but it wasn´t. When a make a hard reset the screen is changed too but the aplications like Getgood stills there.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2canSAM View Post
    Just did this to my Cingular Treo 680. I think it only updated the rom though. I had already ran the ATT update and then downloaded the custom ROM, replaced the 4 files as mentioned in the thread and now have a rom minus the old and useless crap. On mine Ptunes, DocstoGO, GetGood, Versamail, MyTreo and Calculator are gone. Plus it no longer ask me to select my language after a hard reset. Seems quite a bit snappier too. My Phone details are below.

Firmware: R01.34
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ATT
    CC-Cap ATT-ATT-001
    Carrier DB: 292
    Hardware: A
    I just updated the rom on my Cingulair and tried to install the RO134 update and came up with ERROR APP 8007, any ideas?
  19.    #719  
    Quote Originally Posted by dabrye View Post
    Well, my info was updated when I tried the custom ROM, now when I checked it shows the new info (RO1.34 Treo680-1.09-ATT 292) but it wasn´t. When a make a hard reset the screen is changed too but the aplications like Getgood stills there.
    You need to change the 4 files listed in the first posts. The ATT is the incompatible version as the custome roms were designed for ROW users. Once you change the four files it will work.

20.    #720  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fitdoc View Post
    I just updated the rom on my Cingulair and tried to install the RO134 update and came up with ERROR APP 8007, any ideas?
    Did you have the AC power cord pluged in while you were running the update?