Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
  1.    #601  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    the palm rep said that they do not provide a reflash of the original ROM.

Its odd that these custom ROMs are still available here when we know they are broke.

seems like a no brainer to me to take them down.
    Try to ebay yours, add the $169 and get a new one. It works fine just has an issue with one thing you want it to do.

The problem is not with the customized ROMs. The issue is with version 1.09 or the R0 firmware. Palm hasn't pulled the version either.

To be honest MMS on T-Mobile has always had problems. Tiny pictures etc.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I was able to use MMS both ways on my device after reflashing.
    (provider: Proximus, Belgium).
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    I've not installed any update im aware of.
    But this whole custom ROM is based on the Palm update, so yes you have.

Its odd that these custom ROMs are still available here when we know they are broke.

seems like a no brainer to me to take them down.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems a no brainer that you did not read all 30 pages of this thread before you did the update.

For most people it's not broke.

But as was said on previous pages, there are problems for T-Mobile users.
    Hello Pals....

Since I could not make my instrument work with latest firmware, I would like to try with old ones. Is so, what would be the best one and where can I download the same.... appreciate your help...
  5.    #605  
    There are no old ones. There has only been one version updated that we can use.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Since I've erased the old one, is it possible to send me that original one.... thanks in advance...
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I had a problem when I did a custom rom and I was able to use my Palm warranty and got a replacement phone. Just wanted to pass this along - incase you haven't thought of it.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    MMS between myself and my wife on Cingular works as well as it always has..

IE: It takes forever to receive and doesn't always go through. But this has always been the case, even before we had Treos.
    Yeah, but it's a lot harder to do without a phone.
  10. ato
    update....fail
    "the updater is not incompatible with this device"

treo 680 hong kong 1.05 version
    I sent an MMS today and it was received no problem, so the custom ROM certainly doesn't interfere with sending MMS.
  12.    #612  
    Quote Originally Posted by ato View Post
    update....fail
    "the updater is not incompatible with this device"

treo 680 hong kong 1.05 version
    I would not recommend using the these custom roms on your treo. These are based on the AT&T update and it has different firmware and updates Palm has posted for your region are not compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Yeah, but it's a lot harder to do without a phone.
    I seriously hope you weren't responding to my line about before we had Treos.
    Why so serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    755 no updater yet.

I looked at the 700P MR and they have changed the updater there. There is no ventura-palmos.zip instead it is ventura.rom. The tools we have now won't work.
    So I can asume that when updater comes for 755 because of different file it wont work eather.
  16.    #616  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMember View Post
    So I can asume that when updater comes for 755 because of different file it wont work eather.
    The 680 came after the 700 so I wouldn't say for sure. But when you look at the memory disclosed in their comparison makes me think the 700 and 755 are the same. We will just have to see.

does any one have Custom ROM for non Cingular Treo680, apprecaite if some one shares the same with me as I'm desperately looking for the same...

thanks in advance...
    bhaskar
  18.    #618  
    Quote Originally Posted by karedla View Post
    does any one have Custom ROM for non Cingular Treo680, apprecaite if some one shares the same with me as I'm desperately looking for the same...

thanks in advance...
    bhaskar
    No one does at this point, Palm has only release one updater. If there were other versions I would have them here.

Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I sent an MMS today and it was received no problem, so the custom ROM certainly doesn't interfere with sending MMS.

was this on Tmobile? If so can you tell me the exact custom ROM you are using?
    -tgwaste
    I think it is the first one he listed, the one with nothing left (virtually).