Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    It works only with 1.04 ROW (and APR), not the 1.09 ROW that we have with the Custom ROM--I think.

But since it disappears if you hard reset, it might be interesting to try, and if it's not better, or worse, you can just hard reset to get rid of it. I might try it and let you know.
    "Your ROM 1.09 does not require this update" Basta.
  3.    #583  
    The two interface files it updates are incompatible with the R01.34 firmware. When we flashed the firmware only and had trouble having the phone disconnect from calls etc. these were two of the files involved.

This is also from the PHILIPPINES site so it may be a regional issue.

If so, perhaps it is incorporated. (from 1.09 update "Provides better support for networks unique to some Caribbean, Latin American, and Asian countries. ")
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 08/12/2007 at 01:44 PM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Can someone please help me in deleting the camera apps from the 680. I have read the directions in creating a custom ROM but the sd was corrupt so I did something wrong. I would love something like custom 8 but I have no luck altering it myself. Please help me outhttp://discussion.treocentral.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
    This custom ROM removes the ability to receive MMS messages. How do I go back to the original ROM?
    -tgwaste
  6.    #586  
    It is not the custom but the 1.09 update it appears, are you on T-Mobile?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=140871
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 08/14/2007 at 04:50 PM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    This custom ROM removes the ability to receive MMS messages. How do I go back to the original ROM?
    I installed the Custom Rom, after modifying it by using the four files available in the #5 post in this thread. Although I never use MMS, I have read about the problem relating to the official 1.0.9 update and decided to give it a try. It works perfectly. My carrier is T-Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    It is not the custom but the 1.09 update it appears, are you on T-Mobile?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=140871

Provider: Tmobile
    Phone: Treo 680 (unbranded / unlocked)
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ROW

I've not installed any update im aware of. this broke after I installed a custom Rom. The thread you posted doesnt really contain any relevant info as far as Fixing the problem.. just people guessing.

So I guess im back to my first question. How can I go back to the original ROM?
    -tgwaste
    For those getting the compatible error try replacing this file in \PALM\DeviceCustomizer\Treo680.ATT

It worked for me to flash 4 in a row.

As always use this is at your own risk.

Doesnt work. This update is not compatible with this device.
    -tgwaste
    So I guess im back to my first question. How can I go back to the original ROM?
    I think this has been made clear over and over and over. Once you flash over your original ROM, there is no way of recovering it. It's gone. There is nothing that has been made public from which anybody could make a new ROM like your original. Poof.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I think this has been made clear over and over and over. Once you flash over your original ROM, there is no way of recovering it. It's gone. There is nothing that has been made public from which anybody could make a new ROM like your original. Poof.
    Awesome. I guess thats that. A Message saying 'this will disable MMS Receiving' would had been stellar.
    -tgwaste
    I have problems sending double-byte character sms messages after applying 1.09 rom update.

1st of all I composed a 104 characters long msg (52 Japanese/Korean/Chinese characters) and click send.

Not for long system prompt:

An Error Occurred
    To: XXXX
    Anerror occurred (407A)
    When sending this message. Please check the phone number or emal address and try again.

The above issue can be fixed if i install treo 680 sms update ripped files which separated from the original updater file from Palm Philippine site.

PhoneInterfaceLibrary.prc
    TelephonyInterfaceLayer.prc

But, side effect is too much expensive for me to sustain. I can not disconnect the phone call! So I have to remove the above files from RAM.

Here's the link of discussion about SMS update from Palm Phillipine
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=150537

So please, does anyone here could help me to fix the problem by uploading some relative origial files of 1.04 ROW? I need to swich back the whole messaging application to the same as 1.04 or wait for another several years and coross our fingers praying for palm to solve their own defective systems!

Please help. Thousands of non-Roman language users had applied this non-official ROM update already I think.

Thank you all.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  13.    #593  
    Custom Romming is a Use at your own risk venture.

The MMS issue is an issue between the 680 & T-Mobile. I have talked to them & they know of it. Not all 1.09 users are effected & some 1.04 users have trouble. I am effected by it as well. If I get a solution I will certainly post it.

I have problems sending double-byte character sms messages after applying 1.09 rom update.

1st of all I composed a 104 characters long msg (52 Japanese/Korean/Chinese characters) and click send.

Not for long system prompt:

An Error Occurred
    To: XXXX
    Anerror occurred (407A)
    When sending this message. Please check the phone number or emal address and try again.

The above issue can be fixed if i install treo 680 sms update ripped files which separated from the original updater file from Palm Philippine site.

PhoneInterfaceLibrary.prc
    TelephonyInterfaceLayer.prc

But, side effect is too much expensive for me to sustain. I can not disconnect the phone call! So I have to remove the above files from RAM.

Here's the link of discussion about SMS update from Palm Phillipine
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=150537

So please, does anyone here could help me to fix the problem by uploading some relative origial files of 1.04 ROW? I need to swich back the whole messaging application to the same as 1.04 or wait for another several years and coross our fingers praying for palm to solve their own defective systems!

Please help. Thousands of non-Roman language users had applied this non-official ROM update already I think.

Thank you all.
  15.    #595  
    The files you tried are incompatible with the firmware. at this point there is no way to move to another version as only one updater has been released. I have had a couple of people infom me that an APR update is in the works and should be avaliable sometime soon. if this is the case we can certain try to make that avaliable to the Asian market at least. Possibly that firmware version will be compatible with the ROW software & we will have more options. That is a pipedream until we get a copy.

16.    #596  
    Palm does have a $169 repair & return option.

why cant someone just make a custom rom thats like the original rom? the files can be downloaded from the phone afaikafaikafaik.
    -tgwaste
  18.    #598  
    There is more to it than that. The firmware R01.34 is not compatible with the software in 1.04. It won't do things like hangup the phone when you press the red button. when GPRS is connected it does not show the 'green arrows'. So the firmware need to be paired with the software version it was intended (1.09).

If any other updater is released and uses the MW1.XX than we might be able to create a version that has firmware compatible with the ROW software.

Palm does have a $169 repair & return option.
    the palm rep said that they do not provide a reflash of the original ROM.

Its odd that these custom ROMs are still available here when we know they are broke.

seems like a no brainer to me to take them down.
    -tgwaste
    Its odd that these custom ROMs are still available here ...

seems like a no brainer to me to take them down.
    Jeez I hope not. It says really clearly that these are risky products and you could brick your machine entirely if things don't go well. I have no problems with mine, although I have no idea whether MMS works (actually I know I can use them in one direction but not the other, but since I don't use it at all, it's not a big deal to me, and I think it was always this way before flashing the ROM). All I know is I took the chance and was glad it was available, and anybody else who is willing to take the risk has a right, I would think, to take it as long as he is fully informed.

I flashed five different versions until I was satisfied with what I have, so taking it down would have been a real bummer for me.